IGNORED

Emergency Board Meeting - Wednesday

Louis

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect Kenwright to pull out of Kirkby?

• Yes
    • No

Do you expect Kenwright to pull out of Kirkby?

He's meeting LCC on Tuesday to discuss alternatives (rumours are suggesting Edge Lane and somewhere in Everton are possibilities in addition to Goodison Park redevelopment).

NSNO are reporting that he's expected to pull out - I don't know how true that is. If it happens I'll be relieved.

It'll be interesting to see if the club pull out before the EGM.

is the edge lane site the one next to the old littlewoods buildings? i cant think where else apart from the park. traffic would be terrible on match days i think, but plenty of train stations and absolutely loads of bus routes go down edge lane

edit

had to vote no, dont think he will pull out until tesco or kbc say its over, i suspect financial issues in pulling out of the deal

Edited by StevO

The local press are changing their views..

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everto...375-21508429/2/

For all his business acumen, you felt that as something of an outsider Aberdeen-born Wyness failed to fully grasp the location issue of Everton playing within the heart of their home town.

Liverpool more than any English city has a sense of self-awareness when it comes to locality.

Any move outside of Liverpool, even to a neighbouring borough, could have, and still could, prove suicidal for Everton in terms of maintaining one of their largest plus factors – a substantial local fanbase.

The club’s hierarchy can talk all they like about the financial benefits of such a move, even bringing the players and manager on board to support their case but ultimately they’re all transient. It’s the fans who are the constants actually making the club who they are.

What would happen to Everton Football Club in another 20 or 50 years if they were out of sight and out of mind from the football-mad youngsters living in the city?

With one major trophy in the past 20 years, Everton have a hard enough task as it is attracting young fans who have never seen them win a cup in their lifetime to pledge their allegiances to them ahead of Liverpool, who are still regularly competing for honours.

A move to Kirkby won’t give them any excuse as it could totally alter the image of one of the most traditional institutions in English football that dubs itself ‘The People’s Club.’

Instead of entering Liverpool and seeing a sign saying the ‘the home of Everton FC and Liverpool FC’ this would be a one-club city with Everton just becoming a fringe rival from another part of Merseyside like Tranmere Rovers.