Ian

Longest Thread!

On 12/10/2018 at 05:32, Palfy said:

Just played my first round of golf 🏌️‍in Australia 🇦🇺 happy 😃 days, very poor front 9 good back 9, borrowed a set of 20 year old Ben Hogan blades fucking hard work 😓 but saved by the cold beers 🍺 

Blades?  They were my first senior set of clubs.... not many pros use them now. Just bought some mizuno jpx 900 forged irons.... tough on bad swings. Rewarding on good. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Blades?  They were my first senior set of clubs.... not many pros use them now. Just bought some mizuno jpx 900 forged irons.... tough on bad swings. Rewarding on good. 

2 of my mates have got them and 1 of them is flying went from 15 to 13 handicap in about 10 weeks, personally I play with  Ping irons and Taylor made woods gone from a 14 to a 19 over the last 15 years not the clubs fault all mine don't play enough you get out what you put in.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

2 of my mates have got them and 1 of them is flying went from 15 to 13 handicap in about 10 weeks, personally I play with  Ping irons and Taylor made woods gone from a 14 to a 19 over the last 15 years not the clubs fault all mine don't play enough you get out what you put in.

Yeah... I've been fitted for the first time really.  

I used to walk into a shop - pro would ask me my handicap. I would say 18 or 19 and he would say you don't need anything more than this - would hand me a 12 degree driver with a regular shaft in it.   Take it out on the course and the ball would fly like a pitching wedge.

The pro I get lessons off used to be a taylormade club fitter.... he put me on the monitor and said "Yeah... you they are right you don't need "stiff"..... you need x-stiff."  Made a huge difference to my game.  I have heaviest shaft and I know where the club is.

My swing speed is up there at tour level and my transition is pretty violent.  Obviously my swing isn'tt tour level and that's why I'm 15 hc now. But that is down to my short game really. My long game I feel is deffo single figure level. 

Best game in the world IMO. Anyone can play anyone...

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Yeah... I've been fitted for the first time really.  

I used to walk into a shop - pro would ask me my handicap. I would say 18 or 19 and he would say you don't need anything more than this - would hand me a 12 degree driver with a regular shaft in it.   Take it out on the course and the ball would fly like a pitching wedge.

The pro I get lessons off used to be a taylormade club fitter.... he put me on the monitor and said "Yeah... you they are right you don't need "stiff"..... you need x-stiff."  Made a huge difference to my game.  I have heaviest shaft and I know where the club is.

My swing speed is up there at tour level and my transition is pretty violent.  Obviously my swing isn'ttt tour level and that's why I'm 15 hc now. But that is down to my short game really. My long game I feel is deffo single figure level. 

Your right mate I love it, I'm opposite to you struggle on my long game especially off the tee, but my short game keeps me in it I'm always scrambling, we'd make a good better ball pairing by the sounds of it.

Manchester can't have nice things. No doubt the government will continue to pump money into this cesspool in full knowledge it'll never compete with down south. Liverpool and Newcastle both have better communities with less crime. Imagine the spin on that if it was us getting the bikes taken away because they were getting vandalised. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45717840?SThisFB

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Except me, fucked shoulder would limit my back-swing to about 45°, tough to generate a lot of club-head speed from there:crying:

On 13/10/2018 at 13:19, Palfy said:

Flying to Brisbane tomorrow from Sydney staying in the Versace hotel for 3 nights the one they use in I'm a celebrity, got my Everton shirt to wear around the pool COYB I wonder what reception I'll receive from the hooray Henry's, if I'm asked to take it off they will be offended by my full back tattoo of George and the dragon under written with for England, you can't win sometimes.

Caricature of an English tourist ☺.. have fun.

On 13/10/2018 at 21:19, Palfy said:

Flying to Brisbane tomorrow from Sydney staying in the Versace hotel for 3 nights the one they use in I'm a celebrity, got my Everton shirt to wear around the pool COYB I wonder what reception I'll receive from the hooray Henry's, if I'm asked to take it off they will be offended by my full back tattoo of George and the dragon under written with for England, you can't win sometimes.

Sorry mate, it’s absolutely pissing down rain here, has been for the last 2 weeks straight and looks to staying around for another week!

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Sorry mate, it’s absolutely pissing down rain here, has been for the last 2 weeks straight and looks to staying around for another week!

Staying in the Versace at surfers paradise only here for 3 nights high winds and plenty of rain they sure know how to make you feel at home, then flying up to Cairns for a week where things look a little more promising. 

Yeah nice! Shame about the weather mate! The Goldie is great for its beaches!

Cairns will be good! Just don’t be that dickhead who jumps in the rivers where the crocodile signs are!!!

16 minutes ago, Btay said:

Cairns will be good! Just don’t be that dickhead who jumps in the rivers where the crocodile signs are!!!

Gotcha mate 👍

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Sharks, jellyfish, spiders, snakes and crocs? I think I'll give Oz the swerve, even a report today of a kangaroo attacking someone. My brother spent a year or so there many moons back and was in the sea when a "bluebottle" warning told everyone to get out. He was a bit confused as a bluebottle over here is a bit of an annoying (but harmless) fly so didn't get the fuss until it was explained to him that a bluebottle there is a Portuguese Man-of-War.

Sticking to the Med me:unsure:.

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sharks, jellyfish, spiders, snakes and crocs? I think I'll give Oz the swerve, even a report today of a kangaroo attacking someone. My brother spent a year or so there many moons back and was in the sea when a "bluebottle" warning told everyone to get out. He was a bit confused as a bluebottle over here is a bit of an annoying (but harmless) fly so didn't get the fuss until it was explained to him that a bluebottle there is a Portuguese Man-of-War.

Hahah it’s pretty bad when you say it like that!

im working out in the middle of Aus, we’ve literally got all the deadly snakes out there 😦

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I’m not leaving the hotel 😂

Left surfers paradise Brisbane today now at Trinity beach Cairn's the weather was 29 degrees today and the beaches empty the sea felt like a warm bath, but I was a little perturbed about all the signs warning about salt water Crocodiles and jellyfish, going on a Rainforest and native animal park excursion tomorrow.

I know not many on here will be wrestling fans (Except @Finn balor, I know where you get the name from!) but the main champion (Roman Reigns) has just had to give up the title due to having returning leukaemia. Only in his 30's and has at least one kid, hope he beats it again and gets back in the squared circle soon.

On 20/10/2018 at 17:06, Palfy said:

If this article was written in Cornish you me and Steve wouldn’t have had a clue what it was about luckily for Steve it wasn’t. 

We could find it goes up again next year well at least by one what do you think Steve you in. 

If they run online classes, for sure. 

How did I not know until just now that the Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is not only of Indian decent but also openly gay? I find it astonishing for such a Catholic dominated country to have voted him in, brilliant! Always loved the Irish but they've gone up even further in my estimation now.

But again-how did I not know? I read the news meticulously every day. 

Scrap that, I knew there had to be a reason: checking back I was in Greece when he was elected on a flight back followed by a 175 mile drive the day he was sworn in. I forgive myself.

Got back in the country 6:00am now sat in the Madjeski hotel Reading for a charity event haven’t been to sleep for about for over 38 hours, this could get very interesting when the auction gets going to much red and I could end up a Reading season ticket holder. 

Apparently Iceland are only stopping their own, name-brand products with this claim, not other products from other  suppliers. A small step in the right direction but a bit deceptive too. 

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46337353

Forget trying to get the body back, leave the people alone imo. He did a really stupid thing so no need to risk more lives trying to retrieve his remains, went into it with his eyes open and what happened was entirely predictable. 

If we send a Bobby to investigate, he will have to learn how to say 'hello, hello, hello in Sentinelese.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

If we send a Bobby to investigate, he will have to learn how to say 'hello, hello, hello in Sentinelese.

Either that or get a dirty great big bible to hide behind! Honestly these people have lived quite happily for 60,000 years without the need for a mobile phone, flat screen TV and (well meaning I know but highly misguided) "missionaries" flogging their version of God. He could've wiped them out with a sneeze the numpty.

Have no evidence to back this up but a mate of mine who worked in Papua New Guinea for a year told me there were tribes there whose first sight of a wheel was on a plane, leave them alone.

Just now, MikeO said:

Ah yes very nice. You put a pic up once before when there was a festival on I think and there was (from memory) a wine stall just outside.

Yup, every 2 years the street turns into a festival. No sleep is had, but there's plenty of good food and drink :)

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

In the south west an oggie is a Conish Pasty, not a bread roll.

Need @Romey 1878 to pass judgment here too mate. Definitely not using the tag function just to wind him up. 

Honest. 

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

In the south west an oggie is a Conish Pasty, not a bread roll.

Know an Oggie is the nick name of my mate Paul Hunt who played for Swindon Town when they were in the Premiere league.

He married the daughter of Forrest Greens old Chairman, your brother may well remember Oggie Hunt being that's his patch.

Just had a thought they may have called him Oggie because he was slightly over weight, I'll have to ask him how he got that name.

53 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Excellent, good on them. Food bank had a stand in our local Tesco yesterday and we put a few bits in, bloody scandalous that it's necessary though.