IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

One album : Live - The Distance to Here

One film : The Man Who Would Be King *

One book : Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

One luxury : Fat pipe broadband B)

* looked at the top 250 on imdb.com to refresh the mind, and was amazed that this just got in as the last of the 250 !!! Absolute classic.

One album : Social Distortion - Mainliner:Wreckage from the past

One film : Shaka Zulu

One book: Noam Chomsky / Profit over people - Neoliberalism & Global order

One luxury: My Snarly tray back Tojo ( Toyota) 4x4 to cut the island up when im playing Shaka on 4 wheels.

Disclaimer on the penis issue. Cant help ya licker, have never spoken penis in

the plural either . That joke is so old it has now been dEleted from the catelouge...leaves me with 2 now.

( However be warned it may rasie its head agin in this Seinfeld thread just for the sake of it . Uno after all it is the thread about nothing.)

By the way Plural pennis Sounds quite painfull.

DOCTOR- Sorry son you have plural penis...PATIENT- oooh Furk.

Fishman, the Spuddy thing is something the kids came up with, you know the Walkers advert for spudhead crisps?, the kids said the cartoon character had the same shape head as me - it stuck.

Pat, I didn't know you were an enlightened man, I have a signed copy of Saul Alinski's Revaille for the Radical, I can only read it every now and again, coz it is a bit tatty.

Some great choices from this question, keep em' coming.

ATB

Mac

" "Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul. S.A ( The American rebel)"

Mac, enlightend is arguable mate, but im well informed & Culturally aware of my surroundings & the circuit's of culture embedded in the wheels that make the world churn.

Duped? Well still, like everyone I am Culturally Duped everday...@ least im aware of it... Ride it or Resist It has alwyas been my catch cry - Im riding it witha degree of resistance , trying to find a happy place in the middle somewhere..!!!

Chomsky has been my "Academic Hero" for many years.

I have over the years amassed loads of literature, Lectures, spoken word etc...& I am always riveted @ the simple TRUTH"S & stunning analysis of any topic adressed. ( Though these truth makes one very angry)

Am also a fan of Harold Innis ( the global village - true visonary) & of course his younger partner in crime Marshall Mcluhan.

Others work's that make me alert , sit up & listen etc are Adam Smith, Ferdinand de Saussure, Claude Lévi-Strauss & Jean-Paul Sartre .

From that you may gather Pat really wishes he ahd taken up anthropology or akin & also have an interest in the related fields of Linguistics, Semiotics, Culture

( Intertextuality/imperialism/past/pop) etc etc...

These arent particulary oft topics discussed in the footy environment...so ill stop now before the T-talkers die a death of boredom........... :D:D:D

Edited by PatV

Ball breaker!  :lol:

You women so hard to please, if hes working that means you can spend it before you go back to uni!!

For the reccord too i crack the phone line joke all the time and i'v neva phoned one so cut him some slack, actualy he supports Tranmere so maybe its time you traded him in for an evertonian model!  B)

No one messes with me and no more evertonians lol Ive had enough of them I suppose I should be nice to him

Anyway

Album - Westlifes Greatest Hits

Film - Notting Hill

Book - 1984 by George Orwell

Luxury - Gary Naysmith :lol:

Album- After the Goldrush-Neil Young (at least on a desert island I'd be allowed to listen to it in peace...my wife calls it "Music to commit suicide by :D:blink: )

Film- Certainly not, given that I'm marooned without female company, a film about a lot of men locked up in a prison Mac, however good the film might be :P . I'd opt for something tastefully ( :blink: ) adult (if such a thing exists) to help me through the night :rolleyes:

Book- Catch-22

Luxury- Internet access...but then I could rethink my film :D ..maybe guitar instead.

Pat..respect!

Edited by mikeo

Betty said.......... i was,nt aware men fancied Amanda Holden.

and .......would you not prefer the older lady.

are you serious Betty, compare Amanda to your one.

amanda_holden_fhm_1.jpg

and a PS to Goldfish.....................even i cant fancy the old one, when my missus got to 40, i traded her in for two 20 year olds. :D

Edited by toffeelicker