IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Suppose we must'nt forget we have ladies on the forum now, so here are some pics for you.

Question...................would you love them or leave them. :)

gary.jpg

model_1jeff_pic.jpg

manhunt_wallpaper800_h.jpg

DONT ALL SHOUT AT ONCE. :D:D:D

TL those pictures are not right for this sort of forum.

It is degrading to men to have pictures like that plastered over the internet.

We would never have pictures of women in small amounts of clothes and don't think there should be pictures of men like that either

Even more so when the second one is of me

:huh::lol::D

" "Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul. S.A ( The American rebel)"

Mac, enlightend is arguable mate, but im well informed & Culturally aware of my surroundings & the circuit's of culture embedded in the wheels that make the world churn.

Duped? Well still, like everyone I am Culturally Duped everday...@ least im aware of it... Ride it or Resist It has alwyas been my catch cry -  Im riding it witha degree of resistance , trying to find a happy place in the middle somewhere..!!!

Chomsky has been my "Academic Hero" for many years.

I have over the years amassed loads of literature, Lectures, spoken word etc...& I am always riveted @ the simple TRUTH"S & stunning analysis of any topic adressed.  ( Though these truth makes one very angry)

Am also a fan of Harold Innis ( the global village -  true visonary)  &  of course his younger partner in crime Marshall Mcluhan.

Others work's that make me alert , sit up & listen etc are Adam Smith, Ferdinand de Saussure, Claude Lévi-Strauss  & Jean-Paul  Sartre .

From that you may gather Pat really wishes he ahd taken up anthropology or akin & also have an interest in the related fields of Linguistics, Semiotics, Culture

( Intertextuality/imperialism/past/pop) etc etc...

These arent particulary oft topics discussed in the footy environment...so ill stop now before the T-talkers die a death of boredom........... :D   :D   :D

Pat, excellent post - I don't see any reason why topics such as above are not discussed. You are a good deal better read than I am, but I like to know who runs the world I live in and who names it.

I have been looking everywhere to find a decent quote to explain my philosophy on life, couldn't find a thing (I even looked in Paolo Freire's Pedagogy of the Oppressed) which fitted. I have heard of an idiom which gets close to what I believe, goes like this.

It is not a crime to be born in the gutter, but it is a terrible sin to want to stay there

I suppose I feel the accumilation of of wisdom, knowledge or awareness is what seperates us from the animals. Going to the library tomorrow and will look up one or two of the writers you suggest Pat.

ATB

Mac

OK here's a question...You're dead (sorry) :( . Imagine you are met at the pearly gates by St. Peter and he allows you to spend your first day with any three people you choose. My selection would be as follows...bearing in mind that Dixie Dean will be on hand to welcome all Evertonians.

1. Adolf Hitler...to use as a punchbag to take out my annoyance at dying.

2. My Grandad...died four years before I was born but my life has had some spooky similarities to his.

3. God..to confirm that I was right all along and that the world really did revolve around me :rolleyes: .

(I realise there will be a theological argument here from those who believe that Dixie was God but for the purposes of this I must insist that they are treated as separate entities :D )

Edited by mikeo

3 people id like to meet in heaven.

cliff burton: the best heavy metal bass player ever died at only 24. like to ask him a few questions

dimebag darrel: fantastic guitar player shot only last year and was never reported on news networks.

me grandad who died 6 years ago in november. like to catch up on old times

First of all those pics of men you posted are disgusting I like a man with a bit of meat on him not covered in muscles!

As for the people i would like to meet in heaven

1. Winston Churchill - my idol need i say any more

2. Elvis - cos I think he'd know how to have a good time

3. My best mate danny cos he was taken away from me before we had our chance for fun

Three people eh?

1. Ghandi, the man never held official office but changed the lives of millions of people through passive resistance, legend.

2. Spike Milligan, for obvious reasons

3. Stevie Gerrard, coz that means the f*cker died before me :D

ATB

Mac

First of all those pics of men you posted are disgusting I like a man with a bit of meat on him not covered in muscles!

As for the people i would like to meet in heaven

1. Winston Churchill - my idol need i say any more

2. Elvis - cos I think he'd know how to have a good time

3. My best mate danny cos he was taken away from me before we had our chance for fun

Got to disagree with you Claire, I quite like muscles and the guy on the rope (cheers Licker) is now set as my desktop background :rolleyes:

T

Mac, don't take any notice of these lot, I know you work hard on your muscles (you spend enough time in your home made gym).

You are the perfect specimen of manhood, and I couldn't love you more. Having said that, I wouldn't mind you looking at me as much as you look at yourself flexing in the mirror. <_< <_< :(:(:):D:lol:

T

I am filled with a feeling that I can only call remorse - Tara deserves more than I can offer.

Any offers?.

I have noticed you all take her side, she follows my team and yet you pack of swines all stick with the woman.

There is nothing wrong with a man standing in front of a full length mirror and flexing up, naked and covered in oil.

ATB

Mac

I am filled with a feeling that I can only call remorse - Tara deserves more than I can offer.

Any offers?.

I have noticed you all take her side, she follows my team and yet you pack of swines all stick with the woman.

There is nothing wrong with a man standing in front of a full length mirror and flexing up, naked and covered in oil.

ATB

Mac

Flex all you want but thats wrong! :unsure:

"Everton is a small village about 2 miles inland from Milford on Sea. It forms an ideal base for exploring the unique environment of the New Forest and the charming coastal towns and villages of this part of the South Coast of England. The bird life to be seen along the coastal walk from nearby Keyhaven is spectacular."

Im never eating or drinking again and im in the foulest mood ever imagine PMT times like a billion!!!!!!!!! Split up with the boyf whoo!!!!!!! Chocolate heaven for me after ive made my mates their full english breakfast mmmmmmm thats why i love sundays full english brekkie and a roast you cant beat it!

How about three things you would like to do, see or achieve before you die?.

1. Much as they cause me grief, I would like to see my kids happy and successful

2. Everton win the Premiership and seal it with a 6-0 victory over RS at Goodison

3. Go over Niagra Falls in a barrel

ATB

Mac

How about three things you would like to do, see or achieve before you die?.

1. Much as they cause me grief, I would like to see my kids happy and successful

2. Everton win the Premiership and seal it with a 6-0 victory over RS at Goodison

3. Go over Niagra Falls in a barrel

ATB

Mac

I'l think of some answers later Mac but for the last 5 mins i'v been in the deepest daydream imagining your number 2 choice, what a day that would be :D:D:D:D