IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Fucking Peugeot wanted £256+vat for a fuel pump....bastards :angry: . Got it down to less than £200inc vat and labour now so not too bad. Shitty day otherwise though for reasons I won't go into but just heard Bernard Manning's died so that's cheered me right up. One less fat racist twit on the planet is always a positive :D .

""Bernard Manning's died so that's cheered me right up. One less fat racist twit on the planet is always a positive.""

Tut Tut Tut, shame on you Mike, did you have him on your Dead poll List. ???

Commiserations and condolences go out to his Family and friends.

Tut Tut Tut, shame on you Mike, did you have him on your Dead poll List. ???

Now you've depressed me again :( . Don't think anyone has a point yet. Boris Yeltsin was the obvious one that everyone missed.

And there are very few people who's death would cheer me up, but completely truthfully my immediate reaction on hearing of the tragic passing of Manning was "good." And I feel no shame...maybe I should but I'm just telling it like it is.

LOL

whats everyone upto today?

im bored in college, should be doing work but....

meeting up with a couple of old mates at dinner, not seen them in ages so that should be alright.

Fuck, my laptop has been sent off to be fixed, so i was on my brothers laptop, thats broke and the comp is utter shite and wont run the internet on it now, so i might be gone off TT for a few days unless i log on through my psp.

What you trying to say mate??????, yeah ok, I like the Vino Rosso.

That sounds cheap, is it any good?.

ATB

Mac

dont know, seen a big sign on the way in today (looks the real deal), I will be sampling it over the weekend, you dont see too many 1.5L bottles around, but I can handle it

Feel like a fecking drink now though, had a bad day in work, had to sack someone for the first time (not a good feeling) although im sure hes feeling worse

Seen him only on TV Pat, but he makes me laugh.

Just got my car fixed (£173) and happy day...got our first metered water bill this morning. Highest water rates in the country down here :angry: , used to cost me £40 a month unmetered..bill for the first three months in the new house is £224 :o . Putting police crime scene tape around the bath and washing machine asap.

Just got my car fixed (£173) and happy day...got our first metered water bill this morning. Highest water rates in the country down here :angry: , used to cost me £40 a month unmetered..bill for the first three months in the new house is £224 :o . Putting police crime scene tape around the bath and washing machine asap.

A new policy of sharing bathwater & watering the garden with the dirty dishwater methinks Mike!

Thats an absolute joke but the water companys are the same everywhere, daylight robbery it is. I moved from a 2 bedroom terrace house with no shower & 2 occupants to a 3 bedroom house with shower and 1 occupant at different ends of Liverpool and my unmetered water bill went up form £11 per month to £40 per month. Now I can see I had a good deal with the first bill but same city, same council, same water company, less people & a more water efficient home and the bill goes up nearly 300% I just cant see any logic behind how they define their prices!!

:o:o:o I dont pay that much for the year, two payments of £110 six monthly, did you fill in a form before you switched ?? You could be on the wrong tariff.

:o:o:o I dont pay that much for the year, two payments of £110 six monthly, did you fill in a form before you switched ?? You could be on the wrong tariff.

Didn't switch Bill...moved house and the meter was already here. There are no different tariffs to my knowledge...you just pay for what you use...just over £4 per m3.

Done all the sums at uswitch.com and it's correct...we're only "average" water users...just dreadful prices down here :( .

Edited by MikeO

When we switched and it was a few years ago now, they sent a form asking about how many rooms in the house, do you use bath or shower, and how many times you use the washing machine and such. I also told them there was only me and the missus in the house and we both work full time so we're never in the house till evening, they put us on a low user tariff and its still the same, dont think i've ever seen anybody reading our meter.

Things may have changed now but we still pay almost nothing compared to what you pay.

I would check with the water board cos half the time they estimate it anyway, and if you dont complain it wont change, you might have an underground seepage/leak.

I've checked the reading, there's no mistake with the bill Bill ( B) ). Everything's correct...I put an imaginary scenario, based on our old house, into Uswitch and it came out with almost exactly the figure we've got, we're a bit high probably 'cos my wife's an insomniac and has the habit of putting on the washing machine most nights because we used to be on cheap electric overnight so it used to pay...no more. Virtually very other supplier in the country it pays you to switch but not down here...bastards.

I got a much needed day off from work today. I'm either going to go up to San Francisco or head over to Santa Cruz to go to the beach. Either way it will be pleasant.

I know what you mean, today I had difficulty in deciding whether to take the dog for a walk or do the ironing.

Bastard you are Joe.

ATB

Mac

Glastonbury makes me laugh....used to live there and also for a couple of years in another town called Shepton Mallet ten miles down the road. The festival is actually in a village called Pilton which is on the road between the two towns, two and a half miles from Shepton and seven miles from Glastonbury. So why isn't it called Shepton Mallet Festival? I'm starting a campaign for a name change because Shepton is a dying town (known locally...unaffectionately..as Shittan Smellit) and it could do with a boost. My chances of success are zero of course B) .