IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Getting the train to my mum's house tomorrow to pick up her car so I thought I'd get the ticket online. £7.50 single Tiverton Parkway to Weston-super-Mare, change at Taunton, but the site wouldn't take the booking for some reason so I went to the station last night to buy it.

"Hang on a minute," the bloke in the ticket office said, "if you go first class it's only £7.00, but there's only first class as far as Taunton." So I had one of those. Then as he's printing the ticket he said, "You get free coffee in First Class but you've only got ten minutes before you get to Taunton so get straight into the buffet to make sure you get one in time." Then he pointed out the exact position on the platform where the buffet carriage would stop :lol: .

Knew train ticket pricing was fairly random, but paying me 50p and giving me a free coffee to upgrade is just bizarre.

I leave today for Dublin. 5 weeks in Dublin, one weekend in Liverpool and a week in Spain should be a great trip. I'm really looking foward to it, just not the 12 hour flight.

Good luck and have a nice time, im sure you will be logging on in Dublin

Just checking in. I arrived safely in Dublin and am having a great time. The city is very nice and friendly. I wore my Everton shirt down into the Temple Bar area and got a lot of shit for doing so by a number of Liverpool supporters. One of the guys I am staying with is a big Liverpool fan, which is a bit unfortunate. Anyways I will try and keep up with the forum as much as possible.

Just checking in. I arrived safely in Dublin and am having a great time. The city is very nice and friendly. I wore my Everton shirt down into the Temple Bar area and got a lot of shit for doing so by a number of Liverpool supporters. One of the guys I am staying with is a big Liverpool fan, which is a bit unfortunate. Anyways I will try and keep up with the forum as much as possible.

Just tourch his pad when your leaving!

Do you know what annoys me (among many other things :P )? Lorries/vans with stickers on the back that say...

If you can't see my mirrors then I can't see you.

Crap!

The truth is that if you can't see the mirrors of the vehicle in front of you then the driver can't see your eyes! He can still see your fucking car. Why does such stupidity make me want to punch people? Am I turning into a cantakerous old bastard? WTF do I care :D !?

Do you know what annoys me (among many other things :P )? Lorries/vans with stickers on the back that say...

If you can't see my mirrors then I can't see you.

Crap!

The truth is that if you can't see the mirrors of the vehicle in front of you then the driver can't see your eyes! He can still see your fucking car. Why does such stupidity make me want to punch people? Am I turning into a cantakerous old bastard? WTF do I care :D !?

Good point but I'v been victim to a 40ft lorry reversing right into the front of my car so my advice is pay attention to those signs, staying back may just give you the split seccond you need to whack the car in reverse when a stupid lorry driver decides hes forgotten something.

True but I don't need ill thought out and scientifically false pseudo intellectual bollocks to stop me snuggling up to an artic!

And another thing....

Show dogs in transit.

OH fuck! Must drive more carefully, wouldn't want to upset a pedigree Daschund by driving too close <_< .

Edited by MikeO

Dont you hate when people who say 'Im (insert day of the week)' when you say I'm thirsty.

My wife punches me when she asks me to put the kettle on and I say, "But it doesn't suit me!"

Bit unfair because I've only said it 4,231 times since we've been together :D .