IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Pissed off. Some C**ts have key'ed my car in college.

The colleges CCTV is not working in the student car park, and I'm the 8th person to complain about damages to cars, you think they would sort it out wouldnt you? But no. Sadly the scratches are very deep, does anyone know how to get rid of them without it costing the earth?

Also with the colleges CCTV broke and them not fixing it, are they liable for damages made to the car?

Pissed off. Some C**ts have key'ed my car in college.

The colleges CCTV is not working in the student car park, and I'm the 8th person to complain about damages to cars, you think they would sort it out wouldnt you? But no. Sadly the scratches are very deep, does anyone know how to get rid of them without it costing the earth?

Also with the colleges CCTV broke and them not fixing it, are they liable for damages made to the car?

I would have thought so but do they not have 'Owners park at your own risk?'

I think that the law is on your side. I mean you do park your car at your own risk but at the same time you would expect to have CCTV in operation. I do think that if you took it further you could get something from this. If you want to bother with the hassle, that's up to you but IMO you have the power. They should have had thier CCTV working, if it was they woulden't have peeps scratching cars.

I think that the law is on your side. I mean you do park your car at your own risk but at the same time you would expect to have CCTV in operation. I do think that if you took it further you could get something from this. If you want to bother with the hassle, that's up to you but IMO you have the power. They should have had thier CCTV working, if it was they woulden't have peeps scratching cars.

oh dont worry bruv, im going to argue my way till they pay for it to be fixed, even if it doesnt need fixing can be done for free they can still pay me :P

Just off for the week-end lads. If you see on the news that the lunchtime Easyjet flight from Bristol to Toulouse has flown into the sea/a mountain/the Bermuda Triangle then bye all....it's been a blast :lol: .

Hopefully a bit more positive feeling around when I get back :( .

Just off for the week-end lads. If you see on the news that the lunchtime Easyjet flight from Bristol to Toulouse has flown into the sea/a mountain/the Bermuda Triangle then bye all....it's been a blast :lol: .

Hopefully a bit more positive feeling around when I get back :( .

B):lol:

Have a good time mate, hopefully we'll have kick-started our season when you return.

Thanks all, very nice week-end, weather was remarkably hot, eating al-fresco and even popped down over the border into Spain this morning to stock up on a supply of smokables for the wife (saving minimally £500 on a years worth).

Fucking love Easyjet (and having family at the end of two of their Bristol routes :D ), they even let me take two hand baggage items onto the flight this afternoon.....which I thought was a huge no-no now.

Funny as fuck on the way out though, I'd watched the episode of Father Ted the other night where they're all on a plane full of priests and Dougal ditches half the fuel and they're all going to die, and my flight was full of a party of pilgrims on their way to Lourdes with half dozen catholic priests, one of whom sat next to me. Luckily he didn't have an Irish accent or I'd not have been able to stop collapsing in the aisle laughing. Just stuck the ipod on and kept my head down :) .

Thanks all, very nice week-end, weather was remarkably hot, eating al-fresco and even popped down over the border into Spain this morning to stock up on a supply of smokables for the wife (saving minimally £500 on a years worth).

Fucking love Easyjet (and having family at the end of two of their Bristol routes :D ), they even let me take two hand baggage items onto the flight this afternoon.....which I thought was a huge no-no now.

Funny as fuck on the way out though, I'd watched the episode of Father Ted the other night where they're all on a plane full of priests and Dougal ditches half the fuel and they're all going to die, and my flight was full of a party of pilgrims on their way to Lourdes with half dozen catholic priests, one of whom sat next to me. Luckily he didn't have an Irish accent or I'd not have been able to stop collapsing in the aisle laughing. Just stuck the ipod on and kept my head down :) .

We nearly got toulouse again while you were away :P (I'll piss off now) ;)

:lol:

Brilliant! Did they have a joke telephone by any chance Mark?

Tonight is a bit of recovery for me. Once I finish work that is. Me and my mate got extremly drunk last while playing Fifa. Was a random night as it was compltly unplanned, just cracked open a nice bottle of white and then the drink just kept on flowing. When I looked outside and realised it was light and that I had to be in work in 2 hours was not the best of moments I must admit. I really did feel like someone as shit inside my head when I woke up this morning.

So tonight is rest... in preperation for a repeat on the weekend of course.

Got an army course down at my school tomorrow. There struggling to recruit new members so thier giving us a little demo and practical of what's invloved in the army. We get to go paintballing and all other army stuff, the reward being if your good enough you'll get asked to join (even though thats stupid) but it should be really fun.

Army is win.

The Army mainly recruits within the United Kingdom, and normally has a recruitment target of around 25,000 soldiers per year.

Low unemployment in Britain has resulted in the Army having difficulty in meeting its target , and in the early years of the 21st century there has been a marked increase in the number of recruits from other (mostly Commonwealth) countries. In 2008 Commonwealth origin volunteers comprised approximately 6.7% of the Army's total strength. In total 6,600 foreign soldiers from 42 countries were represented in the Army, not including Gurkhas. After Gurkhas, the nation with most citizens in the British Army is Fiji, with 1,900, followed by Jamaica and Ghana with 600 each; soldiers also come from more prosperous countries such as Australia, South Africa and the Republic of Ireland.

The Ministry of Defence is now considering capping the number of recruits from Commonwealth countries, although this will not affect the Gurkhas. If the trend continues 10% of the army will be from Commonwealth countries before 2012. The cap is being debated, as some fear the army's "Britishness" is being diluted, and employing too many could make the army seen as employing "mercenaries".

The minimum recruitment age is 16 years (but only after the end of GCSEs), although soldiers may not serve on operations below 18 years; the maximum recruitment age was raised in January 2007 from 26 to 33 years. The normal term of engagement is 22 years, and once enlisted soldiers are not normally permitted to leave until they have served at least 4 years.

There has been a strong and continuing tradition of recruiting from Ireland including what is now the Republic of Ireland. Almost 150,000 Irish soldiers fought in the First World War; 49,000 died. More than 60,000 Irishmen, more than from Northern Ireland, also saw action in the Second World War; like their compatriots in the Great War, all were volunteers. There were more than 400 men serving from the Republic in 2003

I'm filling out application forms for new jobs at the moment as i'll be moving down South after christmas. One i'm applying for is a researcher for MOTD. (How good would that be?) Anyway, most questions you have to answer are the same painful shite. "What can you bring to the company?" "What change would you make to the company to further the interaction with the customer base... blah blah blah... but then they had this question:-

Please list your Euro 2008 Dream Team (4-4-2 formation), telling us why your choices made such an impact on the tournament.

Awesome. I wish all application forms had a question like this in them!

Quality Jamie :lol: ! Choose carefully, your future may depend on it!

Funny enough when I was having a clear-out recently I found an application form I filled in for a technical training place at the BBC, I'd filled most of it in but stalled when they wanted a reference from my school, even though I'd been left and working in a recording studio for two years. Was fucked because they wouldn't take the application without it and if I'd got one it would have been totally negative :( . So I sayed where I was for another fifteen years, what might have been eh?

I could be interviewing MOTD applicants by now (presuming it's still made in house) B) .