Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Longest Thread!

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Be careful you might not get out. 
I also did a bit of work in a milk bottling plant not far from you near the carpet factory, I’m sure it was on or next to the estate that had blobby land, now that place did stink of cream just turning it was one of those smells you could taste. 

Talking Axminster and Cricket St Thomas now mate. Milk bottling doesn't surprise me, the "local" company handling what used to be the MMB's job is https://www.gregory.co.uk/ which is at least a local company made good after more than 100 years. They actually offered me a job many moons back and I chose instead to buy a franchise elsewhere, probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. 

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Talking Axminster and Cricket St Thomas now mate. Milk bottling doesn't surprise me, the "local" company handling what used to be the MMB's job is https://www.gregory.co.uk/ which is at least a local company made good after more than 100 years. They actually offered me a job many moons back and I chose instead to buy a franchise elsewhere, probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. 

That’s it I’m sure it was called Cricket St Thomas dairy 🥛 

Wife just said to me, "isn't the car about due for an MOT?" so I've just checked online and it ran out in January:doh:. How did that happen? I'll get on to the garage first thing Monday but amazed I've not been pulled by the police or written to. It's still taxed OK. Is this going to cause me problems @London Blue? Stupid mistake but genuine accident.:unsure:

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Wife just said to me, "isn't the car about due for an MOT?" so I've just checked online and it ran out in January:doh:. How did that happen? I'll get on to the garage first thing Monday but amazed I've not been pulled by the police or written to. It's still taxed OK. Is this going to cause me problems @London Blue? Stupid mistake but genuine accident.:unsure:

It is now his colleagues will be around shortly 😂

23 hours ago, Palfy said:

It is now his colleagues will be around shortly 😂

Dont know, roads policing are not my thing. It would probably invalidate your insurance to drive without a mot, and a car with no insurance is an offence to drive. Think there was a mot holiday due to covid but not sure. Anyway your getting it checked now.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Dont know, roads policing are not my thing. It would probably invalidate your insurance to drive without a mot, and a car with no insurance is an offence to drive. Think there was a mot holiday due to covid but not sure. Anyway your getting it checked now.

Thanks LB, the covid "holiday" didn't come in until March so no excuse for me; I'll just get it done asap next week. My local garage are brilliant and mates so will fit it in, and give me a courtesy car for the time I don't have it which I might well need for my covid test. Hopefully I've "got away with it" but just feel very daft.