IGNORED

Lawrenson's Verdict On Everton's Season

My reply on 606: "As an Everton fan, I think Lawro's prediction for Everton is pessimistic. Obviously, Everton do need to buy, but remember that last season Cahill and Arteta were missing quite a lot, and Fernandes took time to settle and Everton were still fifth. Cahill, Fernandes and Arteta are raring to go now and some of the younger players will make their mark, particularly Vaughan and Rodwell."

Edited by SheedysRightFoot

My reply on 606: "As an Everton fan, I think Lawro's prediction for Everton is pessimistic. Obviously, Everton do need to buy, but remember that last season Cahill and Arteta were missing quite a lot, and Fernandes took time to settle and Everton were still fifth. Cahill, Fernandes and Arteta are raring to go now and some of the younger players will make their mark, particularly Vaughan and Rodwell."

when did we sign him? get a grip.

Fernandes doesn't play for us. Cahill's injured.

Hate to say it but what he says I think is about right. I would take a top 10 finish at the moment. The Likes of Man U, Chelski, Redshite, The Arse, Spurs, Portsmouth and Man City will all be about us that puts us at 8th at best and if a few other teams perform well or we get a few injuries and suspensions at the same time we will struggle.

Got nothing to do with him being a red he is just pointing out the facts and they dont lie. Are squad is not big enough to battle for a top 6 finish.

im sorry bt I hate Lawrenson hes a d*ck

.....and also famous (last season at least) for tipping against Everton and getting it wrong.

He wouldn't stand a chance in the Anusol :lol: !

Not too late to enter btw >>>HERE<<<

Also stuffed him out of sight in the Telegraph fantasy league last year....the man knows nothing, if he was tipping us for top four I'd be seriously worried ;) .

I have to agree with what Lawro is saying. With such a small squad it will be impressive if we end up in the top 10, especially when everyone around us seem to be building impressively.

I also have doubts about whether we will have a full season of the injury prone Arteta and Cahill and would be very suprised if we see Manny in an Everton shirt again.

Could be worse though, could be battling it out with hull and stoke. ;)

Worryingly he's tipped us to win on Saturday :unsure: .

Everton v Blackburn

It's no secret Everton need new players, but they still have real quality and I think they will have too much for Blackburn.

Blackburn are in transition themselves, and without being disrespectful to new boss Paul Ince, I think the departure of Mark Hughes has given one or two players the excuse to look elsewhere.

I think Everton will start the season with a win and then try to build on that by getting those fresh faces in.

Verdict: 2-0