IGNORED

Bring Your Boots

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/...252-21524277/2/

A number of Everton websites, meanwhile, have launched a light-hearted campaign asking fans to bring their boots along to the match on Saturday.

The idea has been suggested as a light-hearted joke, suggesting that some fans might actually be picked to play due to the size of the Blues squad, but will also underline that fans are not happy with the current situation.

“Several Evertonians have said over the past few weeks that they may as well bring their boots to Goodison Park for the opening day clash with Blackburn on the off chance that they’ll get a game - and why not?” said website NSNO (Nil Satis Nisi Optimum).

“A number of blues posting on message boards across the net have decided to actually take their boots, and invite you to do the same in a tongue in cheek protest against the lack of signings at Everton this summer.

“Traditional forms of protest have often been discounted by Everton fans in fear of disrupting the team on the pitch, and fear of being viewed as ‘Kopites,’ but a tongue in cheek approach appears to be widely supported by those asked - with many Blues already pledging to bring their boots to the match.

“Imagine the selection headache Mr Moyes would have if 30,000 stocky centre halves turned up!”

Spotted this last night and whilst I can see the point, I personally think it trivialises our situation. Can imagine BK having a good old guffaw at the wit of scousers whilst seeing this as a distraction to the dire position we find ourselves in.

Gimmicks like this only put us on par with the 'hilarious' kopites bringing tesco bags to the derby, my sides were splitting :angry:

^^^^ I suppose you would like to go for a full out protest......

Maybe we will start a "get kenwright out" protest too

I don't see how you can read my comments of not trivailising a serious situation to be a "sack the board" view?

I think we should turn up and support the team on Saturday (as I will) but don't see what this (albeit tongue in cheek) protest will achieve other than a distraction.

Sorry for being so serious but I am very concerned!

I don't see how you can read my comments of not trivailising a serious situation to be a "sack the board" view?

I think we should turn up and support the team on Saturday (as I will) but don't see what this (albeit tongue in cheek) protest will achieve other than a distraction.

Sorry for being so serious but I am very concerned!

Agreed. The "protest" will simply seperate the easily swayed fans from those loyal to the club.

Never heard anything so stupid as "bring your boots" to the game...

Have Faith if we dont believe we can forget it... We have basically the same team as last year but they have been together longer now and longer than 90% of the premiership teams i know we need players and i am just trying to be positive but we will be use to each other and our movements more so than most other teams...u bring in 5 or 6 players and it must take 5 to 6 months for them to gell totally or if at all??? I know it doesnt look good but there is always worse ..COYB .... EVERTON TO WIN THE PREMIERSHIP AND YAK TOP GOAL SCORER 400/1 :)

I wouldnt think that kind of "protest" would be any kind of harmful for the club. But i would also wanna see banderolls like: In DM we trust, Say NO to panic tranfers etc :) Im still waiting my chance to get to Goodison, but if i would be in this game, i think i would took my footies with me :)