IGNORED

Who's To Blame?

Daniel

i have supported the board since the begining, however i feel that the route of the problem is actually them as we enter tomorrows game without any new addtions.

moyes picked his target months ago, it was their responsibility to act upon, and action transfers, in addtion it is their responsibility to secure funding and investment in order for the manager to complete such singing, like mountino for example.

just for interest ian ross should stop emailling message boards telling them moyes has the funds, because despite his personal haterate of moyes, he like many others would be swinging if he left, and i'd be at the front of the que.

moyes has kept it going and without him we would be defunked, make no mistake.

I blame the press and Irate Everton fans.......

The press for just feeding the frenzy and making things 100 times worse and the fans for giving them the bate to play on..........

Setanta now running stories on "Everton lucky to finish in top 10" I wonder where they got that from???

Obviously though there are problems...... As we must have had at least one trasfer target and still nobody.........The reason for the players not coming though who knows.......

Edited by DangerMouse

It was always better in the old days when the first you knew was when the player had his photograph on the back of the echo shaking hands with the manager.

Sort of agree but what would we do all day then :huh: ?

The Olympics is a mild destraction from scouring the net all day sorting the bullshit (99.9% of what's written) from the truth (0.01%)......but it only comes once every four years :) .

And from a personal viewpoint I'd struggle to find a copy of the Echo in Devon :P .

The Olympics is a mild destraction from scouring the net all day sorting the bullshit (99.9% of what's written) from the truth (0.01%)......but it only comes once every four years :) .

And from a personal viewpoint I'd struggle to find a copy of the Echo in Devon :P .

you can get it over t'internet ;)

It all seems doom and gloom and we are quick to blame Kenwright/Moyes, I think the fans are the problem and slightly Davie Moyes. Moyes has always stated he works on a five year plan and recently submitted his new one.

We have exceeded anyones expectations in our fight from relegation and making ourselves a Top 10 team. We are guilty of David Moyes rapid success in managing Everton if anything. Make no mistake, to take Everton from relegation candidates since the Premier league was formed to a top five team is an unbelievable achievement and if someone would have said Moyes would have been so good when he took over Walter Smith I would have laughed you into the ground.

I honestly didn't see this young upstart as being the man to take Everton forward and he has done so in rapid time. Moyes is the best manager in the league next to Alex Ferguson and if he can get megabucks to spend he will turn us into champions, even if he dosen't I still fancy him to close in on a league title in the next five years. I rate Moyes, my only big fear this summer has been Moyes not signing a contract, when he does I will breathe easy.

We are the problem because we want instant success, the glory days back now and in being impatient we will cost the club the best manager we have had in years. Moyes has healed some of the wounds of poor management this great club has suffered and will carry on doing so, but I suspect he has been guilty too in that he made it public that we need 5-6 players, which was naughty really as we get excited and BK shits his pants.

What about the other 0.09% Mike?

Sorry but I'm an actuary, these things bother me!! :unsure:

It all seems doom and gloom and we are quick to blame Kenwright/Moyes, I think the fans are the problem and slightly Davie Moyes. Moyes has always stated he works on a five year plan and recently submitted his new one.

We have exceeded anyones expectations in our fight from relegation and making ourselves a Top 10 team. We are guilty of David Moyes rapid success in managing Everton if anything. Make no mistake, to take Everton from relegation candidates since the Premier league was formed to a top five team is an unbelievable achievement and if someone would have said Moyes would have been so good when he took over Walter Smith I would have laughed you into the ground.

I honestly didn't see this young upstart as being the man to take Everton forward and he has done so in rapid time. Moyes is the best manager in the league next to Alex Ferguson and if he can get megabucks to spend he will turn us into champions, even if he dosen't I still fancy him to close in on a league title in the next five years. I rate Moyes, my only big fear this summer has been Moyes not signing a contract, when he does I will breathe easy.

We are the problem because we want instant success, the glory days back now and in being impatient we will cost the club the best manager we have had in years. Moyes has healed some of the wounds of poor management this great club has suffered and will carry on doing so, but I suspect he has been guilty too in that he made it public that we need 5-6 players, which was naughty really as we get excited and BK shits his pants.

Really good post and agree 100%.......

But you could have just said " Over Expectation " :o:lol::lol: SORRY!!!

DM on the OS

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-has-faith.html

David Moyes is confident his squad will be strong enough to improve on last term's success by the time the transfer window closes.

Everton have yet to add to their ranks this summer. And with the likes of Stefan Wessels, Thomas Gravesen, Lee Carsley and Manuel Fernandes having departed, it has left the manager with fewer options ahead of the kick-off of the new campaign against Blackburn Rovers at Goodison Park on Saturday.

The manager knows he needs new additions to give his squad the opportunity to emulate and improve on last season, when Everton finished fifth, reached the semi-finals of the Carling Cup and excelled in the Uefa Cup. But he has faith that will occur.

He said: "No it’s not (currently strong enough to improve on last season).

"These things happen in football. It’s just not quite happened yet, but I’m hopeful something will happen.

"There is money to spend though and I am looking to bring some in before the end of the transfer window.

"I think if you look around football I think it’s been difficult for quite a lot of clubs to bring players in, so I wouldn’t just say it’s Everton that have had that problem."

There has been widespread speculation in the media concerning Everton's possible targets, whilst Chairman Bill Kenwright has also reiterated the fact there are significant funds available for the manager.

In the interim, however, Moyes has faith in the players still at his disposal though.

He added: "Maybe (teams) haven’t challenged for fourth with a squad this small before but that’s what happens in football and things like this only make you stronger.

"We did brilliantly last year, we finished fifth and got to the semi-finals of the Carling Cup, could maybe have got a little further in the Uefa Cup, so there are a lot of clubs that will be following the model that we went on over the past few years."

And whilst the squad size has created selection issues for the manager, he is also quick to point to the impact the young players who have stepped in to the squad have had.

The likes of Jose Baxter, Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling and Lukas Jutkiewicz have all settled into life alongside the senior pros in the pre-season fixtures.

He added: "It’s the thing about this football club that if you come here as a young player, there are always opportunities, if you are good enough to get into the first team and they are not blocked by lots of players being brought in. If you’re good enough here you get into the first team so at the moment we’re giving the players an opportunity.

"I think that four or five players should be excited about being in the first team. They are further ahead than we would like to be but they are there.

But yet other clubs have brought in players.

Still heres hoping, however no mention of his contract?

"These boys are good players and I think that in the future they can become very good players."

I blame the FA and UEFA. These top 4 teams have pulled away from the rest with heavy investment from playing european football. all be they have qualified for it and should reap the benifits but the uefa cup makes teams LOSE money unless you get far. its ridiculus. I think it was reading in their first prem season said they dont want to finish in a uefa cup place as they wont be able to afford it? im not too sure. If it was evenly balanced then it would be a hell of alot easier for these other teams scrapping by.

When I saw the title of this thread I was worried, as throwing blame around is easy but not always helpful.

However, delighted to see that this is a really good and sensible debate is coming out.

For what's it worth (he says with splinters in his arse!) there are so many factors - Moyes, the Board, all concerned with the ground decision, agents, players, fans, the press.

It has snowballed out of control a bit over the last week or so and will only increase as each day goes by between now and 31st August.

However, in meantime I am sure that most fair minded Blues can see that its all so much better than the decade or so of pre-Moyes days.

All the best fellow Blues, for a succesful 2008-09 season!

Is it blame or just circumstance. I have backed Moyes all the way from day one and his clear out of all Walters cocked up signings. This time however I do believe that the fickle finger of blame must be pointed in part at him, why say so many times that he is signing a contract yet it remains unsigned. If the object of the exercise is to keep fans happy why hasn't he even done that, he says it is a straight forward matter. I do believe that we have encountered money problems, Green has called in his loans or something similar. For BK to keep asking for more investors is becoming a joke, who wants to invest in a club that has a dilapidated ground about to be put in the shade by one of Europe's leading sides building a state of the art facility yards away, who's fans protest against any logical moves the board want to make............it just wont happen. I think in the end we only have ourselves to blame but we can but hope that Moyes's Minors come good tomorrow as I can't see us making any signings before the dead line no matter what spin is put on it by the OS

Tomorrow may prove the start of a momentous season, COYB ;)

Edited by Jimmy the blue

It's all about supply and demand, plain and simple.

If someone came in for Arteta how much would we want for him?

Cana/ Arshavin/ Moutinho are all the stars of their respective clubs. Unless a club desperately needs the money they can quote whatever they like to scare away predators.

The club has no money, it doesn't matter what BK or anyone else says, they cannot afford to make any significant signings.

I blame whoever is in charge of any transfer negotiations as they end laughably without fail.

Also, having BK at the helm who has a personal fortune which is less than most top Premiership players, and the fact that he's failed to attract any significant investment is a real problem