IGNORED

Moutinho

http://footylatest.com/news/news.php?extend.1682

Sporting refuse Everton's final bid for Moutinho

Wednesday 20 August 2008 - 09:50:48

Everton's negotiating team, led by the UEFA agent Pini Zahavi, spent all day on Monday with Sporting Club de Portugal officials in a last ditch attempt to prise Joao Moutinho from them, but to no avail.

The Portugese sports paper Abola reports that despite hours of talks the clubs could not come to an agreement due to the financial differences.

Sporting have continually insisted that any sale of the Portugese international is dependent on the full amount of the buy-out clause being met, in this case €25million, but Everton refused to go that high.

:(

Edited by storm

http://footylatest.com/news/news.php?extend.1682

Sporting refuse Everton's final bid for Moutinho

Wednesday 20 August 2008 - 09:50:48

Everton's negotiating team, led by the UEFA agent Pini Zahavi, spent all day on Monday with Sporting Club de Portugal officials in a last ditch attempt to prise Joao Moutinho from them, but to no avail.

The Portugese sports paper Abola reports that despite hours of talks the clubs could not come to an agreement due to the financial differences.

Sporting have continually insisted that any sale of the Portugese international is dependent on the full amount of the buy-out clause being met, in this case €25million, but Everton refused to go that high.

:(

frustration hits the roof upon seeing this. we can only hope that the article is wrong...

frustration hits the roof upon seeing this. we can only hope that the article is wrong...

fingers crossed!.. hopefully thats just some creative writing/re-hashing..

trawling the net for any transfer news gets frustrating, one day soon hopefully the news will be better :)

I just want it sorted one way or the other now so we can either have a world class signing or move on and sign the amount of players we need as we seem capable of only going after one player at a time.

I completly agree with you. If it isn't going to happen then we can't keep fucking around clutching at straws, we need to move on the new targets.

God damn i can not wait for these next two weeks to be over, its been a hellish summer and with whatever happens over the next two weeks i can't wait for all this shit to be over. It will be good to concentrate on football again, not supposed transfers that may or may not happen.

In the Daily Star article it says Moutinho has expressed his desire to join us - is that true?

He has in the past, but not recently. I think all things regarding Moutinho is a new one sentence quote and then the same old information recycled.

As others have stated, if it takes this long to pull off a transfer then we needed to have done our research ahead of time. I really think we need this lad and M'Bia to maintain our 5th place spot honestly.

The time to wrap up any transfer is concerning especially if it turns out he was never ever for sale........

Im sure we carnt be sooooooo unprofessional as to not have an idea that this lad was up for sale or not

Silvester off to Arsenal........Done in something like 2 day's (apparently)

Why carnt we be this efficient....

The time to wrap up any transfer is concerning especially if it turns out he was never ever for sale........

Im sure we carnt be sooooooo unprofessional as to not have an idea that this lad was up for sale or not

Silvester off to Arsenal........Done in something like 2 day's (apparently)

Why carnt we be this efficient....

Absolutely spot on, we have spent all summer chasing a ghost

Absolutely spot on, we have spent all summer chasing a ghost

I don't think we want the player enough. If we wanted him that bad he waould have signed ages ago. Its alll a PR stunt and a tool to boost Moutinho's contract with Sporting. Let's face it if we bought Moutinho shirts sales would be through the roof, that would knock a small chunk of any outlay we paid for him.

Everton are the borrowers of top flight football.

We aren't a fashionable club, players hear about Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and the red piss stains and want to go there.

If i may go a bit deeper on your affairs, as i am developing a bit of a taste for Everton, after these few days logged into your forum, you might need a 3, 4 yaer project with the aim of bringing Everton to a more certain 4th, 5th place in the PL. It is hard for fans to come to terms with this, but if the club starts thinking in longer term, with deeper resurch into youger talent it can, maybe, be less competitive this year and the next year, but followed thoroughly you can build a foundation where you can find yourselfs not only with a good starting 11 but also with a good bench. Because the problem of aiming to one or two stars without a proper suporting bench is that troughout the season the team loses strengh to suport the oscilations of fitness in the usual 11. Sporting have done this, we are now 7 years without wining the portuguese league, but i think i can say that our team is now more in balance, with a better bench, and so, a wider groupe of valid choices for the coach. Of corse, i don't know if Sporting will win the tittle, or even come in second, but it is clear that our team is finally ready to fight troughout the whole season. We played with loads of players on loan, these past years and now for the first time all our payers have contracts with Sporting, having none loanded from others teams. This is good, but i can understand that Sportind needed to have a few years with players on loan because the margin of risk was very tight. We have now a few young players, not all portuguese, suported with more experienced ones, with the distinction that all, except one of our goalkeepers (probably 3rd choise, maybe 2nd), have portuguese league experience as well as Champion league and Uefa Cup. And this is extraordinary for Sporting, as we were used to have a very different team almost every year. It is this path, that i think Sporting is doing well, working with it's budget limitations by resurch and a 3, 4 yaer project, that Everton may have to do, regarding the english reality, of course.

Edited by SportingCPOrtugal

that is pretty much what we have done for the last 4 or 5 years. moyes took careful steps, bringing players in on loan to see how they can fit in the team, getting one or two better quality players each year to catch up with the top of the table. we never had much of a squad to support the first 11, but last year we probably had the biggest squad of talent we have had in maybe 20 years. but we lost one forward in january, another this summer. we lost the key figure to our success in the last two years this summer in lee carsley (if anybody wants to question this, the one season he didnt play we were aweful, the other 3 we got 4th, 5th and 6th) we had two midfielders on loan last year and we've lost them this summer too. if we can bring in a forward and three midfielders we can get back to last seasons level, hopefully better quality players to help us push on. moutinho was one name that really got the fans excited. if we could have brought him in back in june the whole summer would have been brightened up from the start.

i agree with every thing youve said im worried we have missed the chance to push on again we were so close to cracking the top four just three quality signings would have done it at the end of last season we were all so optimistic now look at us some body has allowed this to happen look at the players that have moved clubs since june surely moyes must have rated some of them im in depair there has to be some good news around the corner three squad players would do if tiago does not want to come we need to be giving him an ultimatum and then move on but players are now realising we are desperate need three points saturday

• 9 years later...
8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and just saw 5m, FFS we should have been all over that.  Mendes truly the pipeline that is stocking that club.  Can't believe he went for that little, that's a league 1 player.

At 31 and not having played in the prem before.... I'm not sure.  He's had over 10 years playing pedestrian paced football - I think it would be a culture shock this late on for his legs.