IGNORED

Is This The Right Way?

Oztoffee

Are we going about the transfer market the right way? To me it seems that we want it all our own way - whereas in reality we need to go with the best we can do.

Don't get me wrong here, we DO need to do the the best for the club, but I wonder where the best part is when we offer say 12mill for a player AFTER he's been on loan to us for a year, when the selling club wants 12mill NOW! If I was selling I know what I"D want!

I know that we want to see if he can hack it in the Prem, but the selling club quite rightly want US to take the risk. If we can get the loan/purchase deal, great! If we can't, let's move on. Build a bridge and get over it!

We seem too to get bogged down somehow - the Alan Smith deal should have been tied up 2 weeks ago if we REALLY wanted him. What the hell is the problem with these so-called "players who'll sign within 24/48 hours"? The simple fact is that we are not prepared to pay either or both the asking price or the remuneration. If we were, the deals would have been done - simple.

If we can't pay, what's the use of pretending that we can? The management are only stringing the supporters along and the team too! Let's get a reality check here. If we're not in the financial situation to be trying to get the sort of players that have been touted, we need to recognise that fact and get on with doing what we can.

We're the laughing stock of the Prem right now. What quality players are going to be looking at a Goodison future for themselves when all we do is fart around trying to be one of the big boys with little boy cash?

If Smith was on around 60k / week as reported and didnt want to take a pay cut are you saying we should just throw the money at him.....

I think that deal didnt come off because he wont lower his wage demands.......Keegan isnt going to come out and say..... yes we have this lad,, hasnt played to much, allways injured hes up for sale.... we will take a bag of footballs if thats what you have....

Oh but by the way he wants 60k a week....

What I do agree with is.... and not just in the Smith transfer..... we should know what these players want before we go in after them and waste a couple of weeks chasing them.....

we should hvae an Idea that the club actually wants to sell......

we just hang around too long pushing things that arnt going to happen........this has got to be the players agents fault not Evertons. We carnt be totally blameless though....I wonder if we actually are missing big fat KW

Our transfer record over the years has been brilliant, what has gone wrong this summer beggars belief unless of course each targets agent has asked for policy busting wages. We would be faced with a total revolt by Teta, Joleon and the rest if some second rate player such as Smith had been landed to be paid money above our wages ceiling and who could blame them?. At present I would imagine that every agent across Europe is out to make a few bob from EFC as they will be well aware of our plight.

That said any sensible transfer policy would have produced a list of available players with first and second choices. It seems we have been chasing players who are not even for sale by their respective clubs which is down right stupid :angry::angry:

Our transfer record over the years has been brilliant, what has gone wrong this summer beggars belief unless of course each targets agent has asked for policy busting wages. We would be faced with a total revolt by Teta, Joleon and the rest if some second rate player such as Smith had been landed to be paid money above our wages ceiling and who could blame them?. At present I would imagine that every agent across Europe is out to make a few bob from EFC as they will be well aware of our plight.

That said any sensible transfer policy would have produced a list of available players with first and second choices. It seems we have been chasing players who are not even for sale by their respective clubs which is down right stupid :angry::angry:

Expectation and success.

Other years we have been fighting to become European regulars, now that we are there or there abouts our standards need to raise. With raised standards comes inflated prices and bigger commissions for agents thus the transfer market becomes harder to buy. Any player is available for transfer for the right price regardless of their contract.

No way on this earth is Alan Smith to coming to us, we don't have the funds for has been overpaid injury prone players - £60k a week on Smith or around £1k a week on Rodwell? Rodwell for me everytime in our current situation.

How do you know who we have been after except from the media bullshit?

Something has clearly gone disastrously wrong with planning and preparations this year. all of the speculation has been gone into many many times both here and elsewhere.

I think the guy on Radio Merseyside last Friday night got it spot on - at this stage I would have preferred a more honest "We have little/no money" approach from Bill rather than the bullshit.

What disappoints me more than anything, presuming the continual media links to the likes of Moutinho, Tiago, and Vagner Love are true, that we basically seem to have done no homework whatsoever with regard to even the most basic of preliminaries. I know the media get leaks but in the case of these 3 players;

Moutinho - we must know Sporting's bottom line by now. Either we decide we are giving them what they want or forget it. Drawing it out this close to the end of the window gives them the upper hand, not us.

Tiago - Seems not to want to come back to England at all. Surely this could have been established as a basic starting point?

Vagner Love - We claim we were misled by agents. But surely now, for any deal to progress, it requires the consent of both clubs, the agent, and the player. How can Everton claim they were fcuked over on this one?, that could have been avoided, again by doing the simple things right.

It seems to me that even Everton cannot be this incompetent on purpose and so the "can't you all see we tried so hard" tactic which Bill has form for, is back again this summer. That just means in a nutshell that the problem is not enough money and too many potential signings to have to make that money stretch. I just don;t accept that Moyes has £25M burning a hole in his pocket and is insisting on quality, not when we are linked with the likes of Smith, Tiago, and Bullard. I expect to see 3 or 4 players of this ilk come in by the deadline, which will blow that theory right out of the water.

Exactly my point from an earlier post, if they are not being sold, establish it quickly and move on to other targets. We would all like Messi and Kaka in the squad too, but if Moutinho et al are off limits, it means we have to find other players of similar quality. If that sounds like hard work, Wyness, and now Elstone were/are happy to pick up fat pay cheques each week. Bill and his cabal of apologists should have something to show for this unfaltering commitment to EFC, working night and day on our behalf so we are told. I'm growing rather tired of watching this space.

Could the clearest indication that we have no money be........erm, that we haven't spent any?

(and sold 3 key squad players since last January no replacements, got several others off the wage bill too?)

Sell to buy wasn't what I was expecting!!!

No.

If you sell your house you pocket a wedge of money in your bank account on top of your savings. If you don't go out and buy a 6 bedded mansion you obviously have no money - but then again that is just your logic. If you were actually waiting for the right 5 bedded house for the right price albeit stretching your finances a little, you are going to be cautious but you will spend it if it is right. One of the problems being that the posh estate agents won't show you round the 5 bedded house as you don't look like you can afford it.

Guest brazil banks
No.

If you sell your house you pocket a wedge of money in your bank account on top of your savings. If you don't go out and buy a 6 bedded mansion you obviously have no money - but then again that is just your logic. If you were actually waiting for the right 5 bedded house for the right price albeit stretching your finances a little, you are going to be cautious but you will spend it if it is right. One of the problems being that the posh estate agents won't show you round the 5 bedded house as you don't look like you can afford it.

Exactly. :huh:

No.

We look like we can't afford it cos we can't mate. Only the seriously deluded will admit they have no concerns over the state of our finances. We trying to compete in a cut-and-thrust environment where bluff and blunder ultimately gets found it. We are not buying houses.

September 1st will see the end of this charade - lets see then who we have in and how much is spent. Even then there will be some who say the (monopoly) money not spent this year can of course give us an even bigger wad next time.

Edited by Rupert_Fuffeinsmuir III

We look like we can't afford it cos we can't mate. Only the seriously deluded will admit they have no concerns over the state of our finances. We trying to compete in a cut-and-thrust environment where bluff and blunder ultimately gets found it. We are not buying houses.

September 1st will see the end of this charade - lets see then who we have in and how much is spent. Even then there will be some who say the (monopoly) money not spent this year can of course give us an even bigger wad next time.

Of all the rumours doing the rounds the one most likely to explain all of this is that Green called in his loans hence we have been fighting a financial bush fire. At no point have we been told why KW left, he was responsible for transfer funding and may have pissed off once his pot was taken away? Why, if we are awash with transfer funds, are we trying to sign players on loan and why haven't we at least made an offer for Fernandes, he started playing a bit towards the end of last term and we then get shut. NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE AND WE SHOULD BE GIVEN ANSWERS :angry::angry::angry:

Of all the rumours doing the rounds the one most likely to explain all of this is that Green called in his loans hence we have been fighting a financial bush fire. At no point have we been told why KW left, he was responsible for transfer funding and may have pissed off once his pot was taken away? Why, if we are awash with transfer funds, are we trying to sign players on loan and why haven't we at least made an offer for Fernandes, he started playing a bit towards the end of last term and we then get shut. NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE AND WE SHOULD BE GIVEN ANSWERS :angry::angry::angry:

because he is not as good as some blues think.

Rupert_Fuffeinsmuir - you talk a lot of sense. all very good reasoning. couldnt agree more.

jimmy - fighting a financial bush fire. couldnt have put that better myself. a lot of fans seem oblivious to the state of the clubs finances. we have pushed debts to the limits, at the same time we have sold our assets off. its only so long before the financial shit hits the fan. its a slippery slope and i firmly believe we are about to get on for the ride.