IGNORED

Where The Funk Are The Alternate Signings

Memmaclub

I see this in very simple terms we identify a need for a type of player and pick several candidates we then approach them in order of who is the best fit until we buy one. With moutino there must have been a back up so why aren't we trying to get the back up. Also if there is no back up then we need to spend what it takes to get moutino you can't watse a whole transfer window fucking about for 1 player. Everyone says in moyes we trust but either he is going after unrealistic targets we cant' afford or he is being a complete twit about how the deal is structured. He says signing players has got more difficult I don't see pompey/spurs/man city haveing any problems.

If we dick sporting lisbon about over the price of moutino or how we want to pay the money they are going to become annoyed and not want to do business at any price. We have got in over 16 mil from player sales since we last bought someone so surely that money needs to be spent on securing moutino.

How the fuck can we let our second striker go without a replacement signed or pretty much signed.

how can we get so far down the line to sign someone like Tiago when the truth is he never wanted to come to us surely you sound the player out first.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4031166,00.html He will be gone if luck doesn't go our way

This is a shambles and I don't really see big name players staying or wanting to come.

Edited by Memmaclub

I can't complain with this comment. I heard a rumour back at the end of last season that Moyes had gone in to see BK with a list of 20 player or sth that he was interested in. On that list I guess was Options A, B and C. I dont believe that, if that was true (which to be honest is more than believable - surely this would be a sebible thing to too), we haven't been able to get a single one of them or that we still chasing number one. I dont' know WTF is going on over there but......you know what mean!!!

Tiago doesn't want to return to the premier league, he had a chance last season to join spurs and he declined as well. but maybe he'll take it rather than be sidelined the whole season again. as for the rest, moutinho, i think the deal is off. if the delegation that came here left with nothing, it means everton cant'/won't pay what we ask for, m'bia, we'll see, but i think rennes are playing hardball too cuz they know everton are desperate for new blood, and might just pay more in the end.

and that's what's wrong at the moment, i think. The transfer market is full of sharks, and everton are bleeding, so the sharks want to feed...

You need to start looking seriously at club's shortlists, see who they want to loan, or let go, and aim for that, even if it's just for numbers.

this, for example:

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...britain-locale/

The boy doesn't have much room to play here, so he wasn't in our plans. players in these situations are in the dozens, if not hundreds. it's time to dive in.

Guest brazil banks

I would like to think that David Moyes has enough acumen in the world of transfers to pick his targets well. In fact I think it's more of a case of Moyes choosing potential footballers that match his ambition for Everton as opposed to over-estimating our pulling power. As a side-note, it's totally useless rating players on how much they are an "Everton player" in terms of loyalty and team spirit mentalilty toward the club and it's history. The moment advertising became involved with football any semblance of loyalty amongst sportsman was lost in my respect. Money rules. Occassionaly you'll find someone like TC who'll fight for the cause but more often than not they're just sportsman being paid well to perform. In a way I kind of respect M'Bias honesty about wanting to further his career and earn money. All we can do is hope that players come here and fall in love with the club (as someone mentioned on another thread).

Anyway, I really have no doubts regarding DMs passion to take us forward. But at the end of the day he will want to be working in an environment that helps push his talents and aspirations, whether that's at Everton or Celtic or Manchester United or wherever. I don't see the lack of signings as DMs fault, rather a lack of funds/organisation/communication on the side of the Board. I'm not crying out for anyone's head on a block and I'm not saying that there will be no signings. I have a feeling that we'll get four or five B-List and C-List players (and maybe even a couple of D-Listers from the Championship - let us never forget how well Moyes can dip into that market) and, depending on how well we do this season, he'll sort his contract out - for better or for worse - next summer (unless we pull a few rabbits out of the hat).

I'm gutted that we haven't snagged the type of player that Moyes (and the fans) clearly thought was possible at the start of the summer. But I'll be backing the manager and to some extent the board every inch of the way.

This club needs love not hate.

BB

Forever Blue

Edited by brazil banks

I would like to think that David Moyes has enough acumen in the world of transfers to pick his targets well. In fact I think it's more of a case of Moyes choosing potential footballers that match his ambition for Everton as opposed to over-estimating our pulling power. As a side-note, it's totally useless rating players on how much they are an "Everton player" in terms of loyalty and team spirit mentalilty toward the club and it's history. The moment advertising became involved with football any semblance of loyalty amongst sportsman was lost in my respect. Money rules. Occassionaly you'll find someone like TC who'll fight for the cause but more often than not they're just sportsman being paid well to perform. In a way I kind of respect M'Bias honesty about wanting to further his career and earn money. All we can do is hope that players come here and fall in love with the club (as someone mentioned on another thread).

Anyway, I really have no doubts regarding DMs passion to take us forward. But at the end of the day he will want to be working in an environment that helps push his talents and aspirations, whether that's at Everton or Celtic or Manchester United or wherever. I don't see the lack of signings as DMs fault, rather a lack of funds/organisation/communication on the side of the Board. I'm not crying out for anyone's head on a block and I'm not saying that there will be no signings. I have a feeling that we'll get four or five B-List and C-List players (and maybe even a couple of D-Listers from the Championship - let us never forget how well Moyes can dip into that market) and, depending on how well we do this season, he'll sort his contract out - for better or for worse - next summer (unless we pull a few rabbits out of the hat).

I'm gutted that we haven't snagged the type of player that Moyes (and the fans) clearly thought was possible at the start of the summer. But I'll be backing the manager and to some extent the board every inch of the way.

This club needs love not hate.

BB

Forever Blue

Having been a blue all my life, 60 years, I can tell you that for most it has been a love hate relationship over the years. The good times are incredible and the bad times become nightmares. It is because we all have extremes of emotion when it comes to the blue cause that so many diverse reactions appear. I have always stuck by the board and its actions, other than when Johnson ran the show, but the events of this summer have been enough to make grown men cry due to there staggering incompetence. Don't feel that people hate the club because they don't but they do hate these circumstances we now find ourselves in when they have been totally unexpected by all of us, especially after last seasons efforts, those responsible should be horse whipped

That's true. I think that people were so bouyed with expectation after last year that they/we were thinking that this year is going to be even better. Now it seems it's gonna be a dog fight just to find a bit of bouyancy in the league, nevermind the cups and Europe. And any possibility of CL qualification seems to have drastically fallen through slippery fingers. I for one really enjoyed last season, the best season we've ever had (in my youthful memory at least), it seems a shame that all of that looks like it's gone to waste. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that a solution can be found, i just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Not sure if this is the best thread to post this in but...just seen Moyes on Final Score looking very depressed and saying he takes the blame for not getting the players cos he's the manager. Jak was on as well, and i know he's quite soft spoken anyway but he also wasn't loking too overjoyed with the result today. I reckon sth WILL happen this week (well it has too).

Just read on Sky Sports website, that Moyes still wants to get "5, 6 or 7" players in before the window closes.

Sorry to keep the optimistm going, but surely he must have a couple of irons in the fire if he is able to state those numbers. If we didn't have, then I would think it would have just been a generic statement of 'looking to strengthen'.