IGNORED

Will The Senior Pro's Please Stand Up?

blueblood

Considering the plight we are currently in, we are not getting any help whatsoever from the establshed pro's on the field.

Lescott has been regularly quoted in the media as saying we need to sign additional players beofre the start of the season. We've failed to do so and he's started the season like an absolute donkey. Coincidence???? He continually states he wants to play his preferred position of centre half... well he wants to show some kind of ability in the position cos from what I've seen Jags is far better next to Yobo than he is.

Yobo, next to Lescott has looked dreadful. He's been bullied off the ball twice in 2 weeks by average players in Roberts and Miller.

Arteta, aside from the flash of brilliance- which I know we don't get from anyone else- has been nothing short of a luxury in the first 2 games. His delivery from corners is still awful with the first man getting hit 9 times out of 10. Saying that, he's set up 2 goals in 2 games, I just want more from him than a flash of brilliance and 89 minutes of going missing.

I just think we need more from the senior pro's, it looks as though the current situation is affecting everyone at the club. As mentioned on another thread, the players signing long terms contracts last year did so based on a club with ambition, moving forward domestically and in Europe, and that is not the current position of the club

lescott and yobo both looked very good today. arteta is a luxury player, he always has been, them little flashes of brilliance can be the difference in most games. the current situation will be affecting the players though, signings need to come fast, give them a boost and more competition.

lescott and yobo both looked very good today. arteta is a luxury player, he always has been, them little flashes of brilliance can be the difference in most games. the current situation will be affecting the players though, signings need to come fast, give them a boost and more competition.

I agree, that Yobo and Lescott played well at West Brom, likewise Baines did well and Howard was solid. So, when you're down on your luck a bit (and as a club as a whole, we are at present), you keep things tight and get some basis from which to stabliise.

That is what the perforamnce was today. In tecurent circumstances, it would be a ready made excuse for the players if they lost. However, they have dug in and got a decent win. Well done boys.

I don't think we can really moan about Arteta when in two games he's set up two goals and scored one himself! especially considering he didn't even have a full pre-season and he is playing in a midfield comprising the likes of Jagielka. He has done all that could be expected of him so far, he's been one of our big bonuses.