Destination Kirkby Hearing

Louis

Dear Madam

TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990 – SECTION 77

TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (GENERAL DEVELOPMENT PROCEDURE) ORDER 1995

TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (INQUIRIES PROCEDURE) (ENGLAND) RULES 2000

APPLICATION BY TESCO STORES LTD

LAND TO THE SOUTH OF CHERRYFIELD DRIVE, KIRKBY

I am writing to let you know that the Secretary of State has decided to exercise her powers in section 77 of the 1990 Act. This means that she will determine this planning application instead of Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council. I am the case officer for this case.

The application is being dealt with by the inquiry procedure. The inquiry will open on Tuesday 18 November 2008 at 10:00 and will be held at The Kirkby Suite, Norwich Way, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8XY. A pre-inquiry meeting will be held at the same venue on Friday 19 September 2008 at 11:00am.

The Inspector has decided to hold a pre-inquiry meeting for this case, to help the principal parties to prepare for the actual inquiry by discussing procedural and other arrangements. No evidence about the case will be heard. The pre-inquiry meeting should help to ensure that the main inquiry runs smoothly and efficiently. It will also help everyone to concentrate on the main issues in dispute, saving time and expense for all concerned.

Please note that the Government Office cannot forward any correspondence that was submitted to them before this case was called in. Therefore, if there are any matters which you wish to put before the Inspector, would you please write to me at this address quoting reference APP/V43/V/08/1203375. You must make sure I receive 3 copies of these representations. It would be helpful to receive these by 17 September, but any correspondence received later will be accepted.

Please note that I will not acknowledge any further letters from you unless specifically ask to.

Yours faithfully

Sian Evans

Case Officer