IGNORED

Castillo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia dont waste anytime do they i wonder how they do that!! Avent eva heard or seen this fella but what wilki says is hes a defensive mid that like 2 go forward and that he's world class!! Dont know what they consider world class to be but anyhow hope this is the 2nd of the 7 we are supposed 2 be signin! Realy hope we pull out a moutinho out of tha lot tho!

Probably on a free, was on trial with blackburn and impressed but could not agree terms, sounds like he could be a usefull box to box player, at least he's a midfielder so we can use him, already on wiki that we've signed him :o ..............

Club Career

On August 31, 2006 he signed a two year deal with Serbian side Red Star Belgrade, former European Cup champions, from El Nacional in Quito.[2] He scored an impressive 8 goals during his first season at his new club and he was the key to reach the double in Serbia, being rated as a world class player. It has been revealed that he will be leaving his club. Castillo linked up with Blackburn Rovers of the English Premier League on trial but did not sign after failing to agree terms with Blackburn after impressing on trial. The Everton website announced they had signed Castillo on August 27. 2008.

What the fuck! This one really is a shock.

I like this guy, I watched Ecuardo in 2006 World Cup when I was in Germany, he was one of the players that stood out to me.

That's what I want to hear, cheers.

If you're right Licker and he is on a free it is looking increasingly likely that we don't have a penny to spend. M'Bia would be a better signing but of course he'd cost money so he's out now ;)

Dont know much about him myself but from what i've read which i know can mean fuck all but he doesnt sound to shaby, the only bit of footage i could find of him is here he's the one who scores the first goal not much to go by really his teammate who scores the second goal has a hell of a shot on him tho ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D64wF2cEd2A

Edited by EFC-Paul

We really are skint :( .

Yup. Unless we are going to spend big on one or two players, maybe Moyes has picked up free players to add numbers so he can logivally afford to use his whole budget on one or two "quality" players. I now expect "big" money moves for the likes of Paul Dickov or maybe even a cheeky return of the goal king himself Francis Jeffers, £500k fee, big money. Exciting times ahead boys!

Yup. Unless we are going to spend big on one or two players, maybe Moyes has picked up free players to add numbers so he can logivally afford to use his whole budget on one or two "quality" players. I now expect "big" money moves for the likes of Paul Dickov or maybe even a cheeky return of the goal king himself Francis Jeffers, £500k fee, big money. Exciting times ahead boys!

And that's best case scenario :o

I have to say, when I first seen the headline on the official site I thought it was Nery Castillo that had been on loan at Citeh.

And that's best case scenario :o

I have to say, when I first seen the headline on the official site I thought it was Nery Castillo that had been on loan at Citeh.

Exactley what I thought. Actually talking about Nery Castillio, i thought he would be a hit over here, always looked very good for Mexico, but he was just to light wieght and had limbs made of glass.

Looks to be a big, athletic prescence in the middle of the park which we're clearly lacking.

Give him a run out in the Carling Cup and see how he goes. This could turn out to be a wonder signing... or he could be George Weah's cousin :D

Either way, he's a freebie so let's crack on with another 5 players on loan/ free that no-one's heard of and we'll be laughing come 2.9.08 <_<

Moyes has said that he wants to bring quality into the club to move us forward. Unfortunately for one reason or another we haven't picked up those flagship signings we all want to see.

Which leaves only limited options really.

1. Pay over the odds for average players, and erode whatever budget we do have on lads who are just fill ins.

2. Save the budget for January/whenever we can get these quality players in, and get loans/free transfers in.

3. Not sign anyone at all, and get slammed for it.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.... When they pull on that shirt, and walk out to represent our club, we'll still cheer them regardless. Trust me, I remember Brett Angell!!!! :lol:

EXACTLY what we need! C'MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! a big athletic powerhouse in midfield who is supposed to be decent. Who cares how much he cost if he's good? At this time of the transfer window Moyes may have to pay way over the odds for players, hopefully if he can tie up a few players on the cheap then he can unleash his chequebook on one or two big signings to really kick start our season. I still think we may see an expensive striker and/or Moutinho/M'Bia brought in. I'm finally starting to feel positive about the season. This was a surprise and a very good one! :) now how about some positivity.

Moyes has said that he wants to bring quality into the club to move us forward. Unfortunately for one reason or another we haven't picked up those flagship signings we all want to see.

Which leaves only limited options really.

1. Pay over the odds for average players, and erode whatever budget we do have on lads who are just fill ins.

2. Save the budget for January/whenever we can get these quality players in, and get loans/free transfers in.

3. Not sign anyone at all, and get slammed for it.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.... When they pull on that shirt, and walk out to represent our club, we'll still cheer them regardless. Trust me, I remember Brett Angell!!!! :lol:

I hope its option two mate :rolleyes: