Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

Castillo

Wikipedia dont waste anytime do they i wonder how they do that!! Avent eva heard or seen this fella but what wilki says is hes a defensive mid that like 2 go forward and that he's world class!! Dont know what they consider world class to be but anyhow hope this is the 2nd of the 7 we are supposed 2 be signin! Realy hope we pull out a moutinho out of tha lot tho!

I know he's a midfielder but is he any good? Good is what we need, not some shit nobody.

no idea mate, fingers crossed he's decent. averages a goal every six games pretty much from defensive mid - that's more than carsley ever got or neville's ever likely to! :D

Probably on a free, was on trial with blackburn and impressed but could not agree terms, sounds like he could be a usefull box to box player, at least he's a midfielder so we can use him, already on wiki that we've signed him :o ..............

Club Career

On August 31, 2006 he signed a two year deal with Serbian side Red Star Belgrade, former European Cup champions, from El Nacional in Quito.[2] He scored an impressive 8 goals during his first season at his new club and he was the key to reach the double in Serbia, being rated as a world class player. It has been revealed that he will be leaving his club. Castillo linked up with Blackburn Rovers of the English Premier League on trial but did not sign after failing to agree terms with Blackburn after impressing on trial. The Everton website announced they had signed Castillo on August 27. 2008.

What the fuck! This one really is a shock.

I like this guy, I watched Ecuardo in 2006 World Cup when I was in Germany, he was one of the players that stood out to me.

That's what I want to hear, cheers.

If you're right Licker and he is on a free it is looking increasingly likely that we don't have a penny to spend. M'Bia would be a better signing but of course he'd cost money so he's out now ;)

Dont know much about him myself but from what i've read which i know can mean fuck all but he doesnt sound to shaby, the only bit of footage i could find of him is here he's the one who scores the first goal not much to go by really his teammate who scores the second goal has a hell of a shot on him tho ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D64wF2cEd2A

We really are skint :( .

Yup. Unless we are going to spend big on one or two players, maybe Moyes has picked up free players to add numbers so he can logivally afford to use his whole budget on one or two "quality" players. I now expect "big" money moves for the likes of Paul Dickov or maybe even a cheeky return of the goal king himself Francis Jeffers, £500k fee, big money. Exciting times ahead boys!

Yup. Unless we are going to spend big on one or two players, maybe Moyes has picked up free players to add numbers so he can logivally afford to use his whole budget on one or two "quality" players. I now expect "big" money moves for the likes of Paul Dickov or maybe even a cheeky return of the goal king himself Francis Jeffers, £500k fee, big money. Exciting times ahead boys!

And that's best case scenario :o

I have to say, when I first seen the headline on the official site I thought it was Nery Castillo that had been on loan at Citeh.

And that's best case scenario :o

I have to say, when I first seen the headline on the official site I thought it was Nery Castillo that had been on loan at Citeh.

Exactley what I thought. Actually talking about Nery Castillio, i thought he would be a hit over here, always looked very good for Mexico, but he was just to light wieght and had limbs made of glass.

Looks to be a big, athletic prescence in the middle of the park which we're clearly lacking.

Give him a run out in the Carling Cup and see how he goes. This could turn out to be a wonder signing... or he could be George Weah's cousin :D

Either way, he's a freebie so let's crack on with another 5 players on loan/ free that no-one's heard of and we'll be laughing come 2.9.08 <_<

Moyes has said that he wants to bring quality into the club to move us forward. Unfortunately for one reason or another we haven't picked up those flagship signings we all want to see.

Which leaves only limited options really.

1. Pay over the odds for average players, and erode whatever budget we do have on lads who are just fill ins.

2. Save the budget for January/whenever we can get these quality players in, and get loans/free transfers in.

3. Not sign anyone at all, and get slammed for it.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.... When they pull on that shirt, and walk out to represent our club, we'll still cheer them regardless. Trust me, I remember Brett Angell!!!! :lol:

EXACTLY what we need! C'MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! a big athletic powerhouse in midfield who is supposed to be decent. Who cares how much he cost if he's good? At this time of the transfer window Moyes may have to pay way over the odds for players, hopefully if he can tie up a few players on the cheap then he can unleash his chequebook on one or two big signings to really kick start our season. I still think we may see an expensive striker and/or Moutinho/M'Bia brought in. I'm finally starting to feel positive about the season. This was a surprise and a very good one! :) now how about some positivity.

Moyes has said that he wants to bring quality into the club to move us forward. Unfortunately for one reason or another we haven't picked up those flagship signings we all want to see.

Which leaves only limited options really.

1. Pay over the odds for average players, and erode whatever budget we do have on lads who are just fill ins.

2. Save the budget for January/whenever we can get these quality players in, and get loans/free transfers in.

3. Not sign anyone at all, and get slammed for it.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.... When they pull on that shirt, and walk out to represent our club, we'll still cheer them regardless. Trust me, I remember Brett Angell!!!! :lol:

I hope its option two mate :rolleyes:

We only need MOUTINHO and M'BIA now and i would be happy, our Bubget of £28 million should get them 2. :D

28million budget, where did that figure come from?

We still need to replace Johnson, Mcfadden, Fernandes, to name but 3

Moyes is expecting us to play 50 game this season

Moyes has said often enough that Moutino and Mbia are on his wanted list, and Milito is supposed to be Johnsons replacement, to even be looking at those type of players you need at least £28 million. Go get them Moyesy. :P

Moyes has said often enough that Moutino and Mbia are on his wanted list, and Milito is supposed to be Johnsons replacement, to even be looking at those type of players you need at least £28 million. Go get them Moyesy. :P

I get your drift matey to state his interest in those players without money would be to far gone so i do believe we have a decent lump sat there and i dont mean Kenwright.

I honestly think & hope that the free transfers are just so he can bring in his BIG target!!!!! Hopefully Mountino

I would axpect to see lots of Moysie arse kissing if he pulls something out the bag..... Im fed up reading the same old same old on here................

ANYWAY!!!!! Another signing... lets hope he does well

I honestly think & hope that the free transfers are just so he can bring in his BIG target!!!!! Hopefully Mountino

I would axpect to see lots of Moysie arse kissing if he pulls something out the bag..... Im fed up reading the same old same old on here................

ANYWAY!!!!! Another signing... lets hope he does well

Arse kissing because he finally gets done what he should have had done all along? Get to fuck.

28million budget, where did that figure come from?

We still need to replace Johnson, Mcfadden, Fernandes, to name but 3

Moyes is expecting us to play 50 game this season

Mcfaddden 6 Appearences SHIT ALSO

Johnson 20 Apps 9 as a SUB SHIT

Fernandes DIDNT IMPRESS

I agree we need to replace Johnson but whoever we get is likely to be backup MAYBE!!!! Frenandes and Mcfadden were just numbers in the end....

The only person we NEED to replace is Carsley One player!!! from a First team that finished 5th in the best league in Europe

Mcfaddden 6 Appearences SHIT ALSO

Johnson 20 Apps 9 as a SUB SHIT

Fernandes DIDNT IMPRESS

I agree we need to replace Johnson but whoever we get is likely to be backup MAYBE!!!! Frenandes and Mcfadden were just numbers in the end....

The only person we NEED to replace is Carsley One player!!! from a First team that finished 5th in the best team in Europe

I agree with that really, the rest were bit part players and not first choice when everyone is fit, the only one really missing is Carsley. We still need numbers though.

Arse kissing because he finally gets done what he should have had done all along? Get to fuck.

How do you know he hasnt been trying??????????

Top players only see the BIG 4 the rest only see $$$$$$$$$$$$ What do you want him to do??? Panic Buy!!!!!!

lol OK i need something explaining to me. A few people on here use the term "Get to fuck" and I have no clue what it means! Please explain... :)

Get to fuck, an offensive relpy, take along the lines of fuck off.

Hi all from Belgrade.

Castillo is very good player and you are lucky to get him.

He is hard working defensive midfielder with great understanding of game and very good anticipation. Although vertically chalenged, he scored quite a few headers during his 2 year spell with us, during which he was voted best player by fans twice. I think the real reason B'burn didn't sign him is his contract, which is very complicated - he is partly owned by his former Ecuadorian club, partly by Red Star, partly by his manager, which won't look good with your FA after Tevez case. Also, he desperately wanted to get out of Red Star which is in permanent ownership turmoil for some time now, so he didn't had any training with us during pre season. I guess you will have to wait for month or two to start seeing the best of him.

Once again, he has lot to offer and we are very sad to lose him. Cheers.

I think its clear that we spent the budget on Yakubu last Christmas...

Never heard of the guy but he's welcome and sounds like the kind of player we need.

He isn't huge though - 5'11 and seems fairly slight.

Another signing I was shocked to see us going for mainly cos I never heard of him (apart from in Pro Evo when you start up a master league game and he is a striker)

Just hope this is like other people have suggested the 'cheaper' signings to add to the squad to go with the 'big' signings we going to make.

I doubt it somehow as I think we might be looking at only 1 more signing.

When we was linked with the likes of Joao, M'Bia and Militio I think we would have taken just those 3 signings. I think the 2 we have made and maybe the next signings are the alternatives that DM talked about he might have to change his attention to.

Only think I would say is that we needed signings to cover the squad and if these are not costing any money at least its not the end of the world

Moyes said he was going to have to lower his sights a little. A numbers game getting players in at the moment, I'd say.

You never know he may turn out really good, its not like was are spending £5-£10M on bringing him to the club. No big capital outlay.

A 'fingers crossed' signing!!!

i have found some goals he has scored take a lloook

Goal 1

Goal 2

Goal 3

Goal 4

On the evidence of this he can score with his left foot, right foot and his head. Can't really ask for more. Shame he's 3rd party owned. Can see that being a problem somewhere down the line.

superb, just what we needed and a big relief for Moyes I'm sure - as long as he's decent! At the end of the day Carsley wasn't the world's greatest passer so as long as this guy can be disciplined and tackle then at the very least we can play the 451, if he's a little more talented then even better :D

From the OS: Castillo, known to his parents as Segundo Alejandro Castillo Nazareno, began his career in his homeland with Club Deportivo Espoli and later El Nacional.

That must have been a right mouthful when they were calling him in for his tea! What's wrong with just 'Seg'?! :huh:

Hope he does the biz, quite surprised there's been no official confirmation of whether or not a price has been agreed if we want to buy (not what the price actually is, just that one has been agreed in advance).

should have bought him not just loaned him. that almost makes me want him to be shit otherwise it will come the end of the year and we won't be able to afford him

should have bought him not just loaned him. that almost makes me want him to be shit otherwise it will come the end of the year and we won't be able to afford him

With loan deals with option to buy, the club agrees a value that they can buy him for. So if he turns out to be a superstar then the price doesn't change, that is the purpose of a contract.