Sign in to follow this  
jofanon

This Years Team

So what's it going to be?

I can still see one BIG signing coming in (one that actually costs us money!)

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Castillo Cahill Pienaar

Yak Saha

???

Personally I'd like to see Jas at right back but that's not going to happen.

Keeps

Tim Howard

Leighton Baines

Joseph Yobo

Joleon Lescott

Phil Jagielka

Segundo Castillo

Mikel Arteta

Iain Turner

James Vaughan

Lars Jacobsen

Tim Cahill

Phil Neville

Nuno Valente

Steven Pienaar

Leon Osman

Yakubu

Jack Rodwell

Lukas Jutkiewicz

Dan Gosling

John Irving

Kieron Agard

John Paul Kissock

Jose Baxter

James Wallace

Can Leave For Me

Tony Hibbert

Andy Van der Meyde

Victor Anichebe

John Ruddy

Howard

Jacobsen/Hibbert/Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lescott

Osman/Obinna, Castillo, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar

Yak

Can't decided over the right back and right midfield

would have had obinna on the left surely hes a left footed winger

-----------------------------------Howard----------------------------------

Neville------------Lescott---------------------Yobo----------------Baines

-----------------------------------Castillo-----------------------------------

Osman--------------------------------------------------------------Obinna

-----------------Arteta--------------------------Cahill---------------------

---------------------------------Yakubu-------------------------------------

Thats how id have it anyway

i like turner he did very well for wednesday when he was on loan,

and keep ruddy aswell because they are young and very talented keepers, imo we dont even need to sign a new keeper just keep them 2 as back ups i would put them in goal with out a second thought, also we dont wanan get into another situation where we have to get sum1 like westerveld again lol

Why the Cheebs and Ruddy? Ruddy especially, he is a very good young goalkeeper with a lot more potential than Turner.

Sorry, I'll actually change that. I thought of that when I did it, he's a good young goalkeeper I was just thinking that if we have Howard, Turner and hopefully another decent goalkeeper before the transfer ends Ruddy would be fourth choice keeper and would maybe better someplace else.

Anichebe for me dosen't work hard enough, he nevers seems to get into the game or really make a differance, he's just one of those players that I would really like to see elsewhere. I don't mean to be anti-Victor here but apart from the few goals in Europe he hasn't done much at all.

Sorry, I'll actually change that. I thought of that when I did it, he's a good young goalkeeper I was just thinking that if we have Howard, Turner and hopefully another decent goalkeeper before the transfer ends Ruddy would be fourth choice keeper and would maybe better someplace else.

Anichebe for me dosen't work hard enough, he nevers seems to get into the game or really make a differance, he's just one of those players that I would really like to see elsewhere. I don't mean to be anti-Victor here but apart from the few goals in Europe he hasn't done much at all.

personally i dont think we need to get another keeper in and saying Vic dont pull his weight?

dont agree with that for a second! he may not be able to fill the Yaks boots yet but he still tends to play with pashion and if you remember if it was'nt for some of his goals in europe we wouldnt have progressed as far as we did!

I want to wait to see how players like Castillio, Jacobson and possibly Obinna (if he signs) settle into the squad and into the league before statingwho my prefered starting line up would be. However I can see Castillio setteling in well and think that Obinna will be a very good impact player from the bench. I think that Jacobson will be solid but uninspiring. Saha for me will always be a substitue, he will be a better option than Vic to hopefuly change a game.

I'm still hoping and waiting for that "wow" transfer. The one that actually gets you excited, not one of the players we have picked up have really truly grabbed me. We had Yak last year, Aj the year before... we need that one player to add the missing spark. However i really don't see it happening. Here's hoping though...

personally i dont think we need to get another keeper in and saying Vic dont pull his weight?

dont agree with that for a second! he may not be able to fill the Yaks boots yet but he still tends to play with pashion and if you remember if it was'nt for some of his goals in europe we wouldnt have progressed as far as we did!

Yes I do remember that but I just don't feel that he's been pulling his weight. In some games I literally haven't heard of him, he's been silent. Every home game of late he's been coming on and doing nothing. We all have differant opinions I agree and most of the forum may disagree with me but that's just how I feel.

I want to wait to see how players like Castillio, Jacobson and possibly Obinna (if he signs) settle into the squad and into the league before statingwho my prefered starting line up would be. However I can see Castillio setteling in well and think that Obinna will be a very good impact player from the bench. I think that Jacobson will be solid but uninspiring. Saha for me will always be a substitue, he will be a better option than Vic to hopefuly change a game.

I'm still hoping and waiting for that "wow" transfer. The one that actually gets you excited, not one of the players we have picked up have really truly grabbed me. We had Yak last year, Aj the year before... we need that one player to add the missing spark. However i really don't see it happening. Here's hoping though...

Kaka :rolleyes:

Anichebe is still only 19, and in the games I watched last season he showed up the Yak in terms of effort. In fact if I'm honest I think Vic is one of the reasons Yak started pulling his finger out a little more.

Keeps

Tim Howard

Leighton Baines

Joseph Yobo

Joleon Lescott

Phil Jagielka

Segundo Castillo

Mikel Arteta

Iain Turner

James Vaughan

Lars Jacobsen

Tim Cahill

Phil Neville

Nuno Valente

Steven Pienaar

Leon Osman

Yakubu

Jack Rodwell

Lukas Jutkiewicz

Dan Gosling

John Irving

Kieron Agard

John Paul Kissock

Jose Baxter

James Wallace

Can Leave For Me

Tony Hibbert

Andy Van der Meyde

Victor Anichebe

John Ruddy

ARE YOU FUCKING JOKIN DUDE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anichebe?

Leave?

Watch this space vic is gna be the next kev campbell i swear it

whats with people thinking Turner is no good? and that Ruddy is better? crazy!

and vic, sorry son, give him another three years here, cant see him lasting much longer than that

Vic should never leave, he have to spend some time here now and has to get some more Premiership experience, he´s a quality but young striker!

young - yes

quality - debatable

Keeps

Tim Howard

Leighton Baines

Joseph Yobo

Joleon Lescott

Phil Jagielka

Segundo Castillo

Mikel Arteta

Iain Turner

James Vaughan

Lars Jacobsen

Tim Cahill

Phil Neville

Nuno Valente

Steven Pienaar

Leon Osman

Yakubu

Jack Rodwell

Lukas Jutkiewicz

Dan Gosling

John Irving

Kieron Agard

John Paul Kissock

Jose Baxter

James Wallace

Can Leave For Me

Tony Hibbert

Andy Van der Meyde

Victor Anichebe

John Ruddy

I agree on who should leave but i wouldnt sell Anichebe ino hes Lazy but Still a good player, i would also sell Valente , hes awful, and im not to fussy on Yobo, but we have no replacement

Vic, IMO, will never make it in the Premiership. For me, he's just not good enough.

Anichebe would do well at someone in the lower leagues. Alan Irvine said that he would love to take Victor to Preston, IMO I would like to see him over there, he would do well under Alan and maybe become a better player. At this moment in time I just don't think that he's right for Everton.

And Valente and Yobo are amongst some of our best players. Valente especially he's a class player. Great for Portugal and great for us I liked the way we played against Blackburn with him at left-back and Leighton at left midfield.

not fussy on yobo? what have you been smoking? hes a rock!

Yobo, I think he is Dodgey, i defo dnt think hes a rock, he headers the ball backwards when he means to head it forwards, i think hes a good player im just not fusy on him, i can see an accident waiting to happen with him, must admit he is pritty fast thoo,

And Valente, i dont know what anyone sees in Valente in my eyes he just another Pistone, ok well hes a bit better, id sell him myself, weve got baines and lesscott and even that Jacobson fella, ino hes a Right Bock but so what there is no need in Valente

also i think that is a good idea , Anichebe on a Loan to Preston IMO wouldnt be Bad, he would probably come back better like when we loaned Osman to Derby

howard

jacobsen yobo jags lescott

arteta osman neville pienaar

saha yakubu

that's what i think it'll be. and add cahill in there for a 4-5-1 in place of saha.

barring any new signings of course.

as for valente, very good footballer and modern professional, wouldn't get anything for him so might as well keep him. he's been better than baines over the last 10 months or so

Yobo, I think he is Dodgey, i defo dnt think hes a rock, he headers the ball backwards when he means to head it forwards, i think hes a good player im just not fusy on him, i can see an accident waiting to happen with him, must admit he is pritty fast thoo,

thing is with yobo as much as he is quality you're guaranteed one mistake per match from him.

all them problems with him and he still gets the nigerian captancy, hes still captains us when pip doesnt play, and hes still better than any other defender at the club

Our back line has to be:

Howard

Nev...Jags...Yobo...Lescott

We conceded less than a goal a game in the prem last season with that as our back line for the most part (big thanks to cars obviously!) - these players are fit - they should be playing in these positions!!!

Our back line has to be:

Howard

Nev...Jags...Yobo...Lescott

We conceded less than a goal a game in the prem last season with that as our back line for the most part (big thanks to cars obviously!) - these players are fit - they should be playing in these positions!!!

I agree with the Back 4 just who can we get 2 play infront of them coz i dnt think Castillo is the Man when Liverpool and The likes of Man u and chelsea have Hargreaves Mascherano and Essien

I now am conceding the fact that we won't bring anyone else in (apart from Obinna, who i still think will link up with us) So this is the squad I would play

----------Howard----------

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Arteta Castillio Osman Obinna

------Cahill--------------

--------------Yak---------

Subs

Turner

Valente

Jacobson

Baines

Pienaar

Vaughn

Saha

Not too dissimilar really.

I'd have Pienaar over Osman and atm Baines or Valente and Jags over Lescott. Think he needs a bit of a kick up the arse.

-------------Howard-------------

Neville Yobo Jags Baines

Arteta Castillio Pienaar Obinna*

--------------Cahill--------------

---------------Yak---------------

Subs

Turner

Valente

Jacobson

Lescott

Osman*

Vaughan

Saha

im pretty much in there with you jamie, only right now id have baines in over lescott

Yeah I'd agree with you there. think dropping him for a game could kick him into touch, but he'll be back to his best eventually. he has not suddently turned into a dire player, just an out of form one, much like most of our squad. He needs to move back to LB though, everyone seems in agreement on that one.

I now am conceding the fact that we won't bring anyone else in (apart from Obinna, who i still think will link up with us) So this is the squad I would play

----------Howard----------

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Arteta Castillio Osman Obinna

------Cahill--------------

--------------Yak---------

Subs

Turner

Valente

Jacobson

Baines

Pienaar

Vaughn

Saha

I'll go with that untill i see what they are like, castillo and obinna will have to be good to keep out Pienaar.

Team looks a little more interesting now. Lets be honest the players that have left only really Johnson, Carsley and Fernandes played that much.

Howard, Nash, Turner, Ruddy (4)

Hibbert, Neviller, Lescott, Jacobsen, Baines, Valente, Yobo, Jagielka (8)

Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Osman, Castillo, Rodwell, Fellaini, VDM(?), Gosling (9/8)

Saha, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan, Baxter (5)

Not too bad for numbers, but think we just need to get over the couple of injuries we've got in midfield at the minute.

Just glad transfer window is now shut!

I guess for the time being, here is our lineup

-----------------------Howard-----------------------

Pip/Jacobsen---Yobo----------Jags--------Lescott

Arteta----------Fellaini--------Castillo------Osman

----------------Yakubu---------Saha----------------

Bench

Nash

Baines

Rodwell

Anichebe

Vaughan

When completely healthy it gets tricky...

--------------------Howard----------------------------

Pip----------Yobo-----------Jags-------------Lescott

------------Castillo--------Fellaini---------------------

Arteta-----------------------------------------Pienaar

--------------------Cahill-------------------------------

--------------------Yakubu------------------------------

Bench

Nash

Baines

Jacobsen

Saha

Vaughan

Osman

Rodwell

When completely healthy it gets tricky...

--------------------Howard----------------------------

Pip----------Yobo-----------Jags-------------Lescott

------------Castillo--------Fellaini---------------------

Arteta-----------------------------------------Pienaar

--------------------Cahill-------------------------------

--------------------Yakubu------------------------------

Bench

Nash

Baines

Jacobsen

Saha

Vaughan

Osman

Rodwell

spot on although i want to see baines at left back putting them crosses into timmy and then having timmy bang them in with his head coyb!

Well, for all of the panicking we were doing here on the board, we almost hit our target in the end. Moyes wanted to sign at least six players, and if Obinna's permit had gone through that's exactly what we would've gotten. Instead we ended up with five: one forward, two mids, a defender, and a backup keeper. Would've made for a much more relaxing summer for all of us if some of these deals could've been sorted out oh, say, LAST MONTH. <_< But unfortunately that seems to be the nature of the business these days; lot of clubs just don't want to sell until they're right up against the deadline. At least we got most of the reinforcements that we needed. Finally. We're still on the smaller side, but at least we aren't going to have to put 4 or 5 kids on the bench for the next match. And hey, now that the kids have been blooded a bit, maybe it'll help with their development down the road.

Let's just hope now that with so many new players coming in, the team can jell quickly. I still fancy our chances with a healthy team of snagging another UEFA Cup spot (CL was a long shot to begin with, and it just got even longer with the "new" Man City trumpeting their arrival), but we can't afford to dig ourselves too deep a hole while we're busy trying to get our act together.

Moyesy doesn't see Fellatio (think that should be his name now) as a holding player interestingly.

So I wonder how he fits in the dynamic of the team? He doesn't have a massive goal return so I can't see him playing as advanced as TC.

Perhaps more of a Hargreaves type character energising the team than a sitting player like Makelele.

“I don’t think for one minute that he is another Lee Carsley. I see (Segundo) Castillo as being the one who will play like Cars. What his arrival does, though, is give us the competition we have needed in midfield.

Moyesy doesn't see Fellatio (think that should be his name now) as a holding player interestingly.

So I wonder how he fits in the dynamic of the team? He doesn't have a massive goal return so I can't see him playing as advanced as TC.

Perhaps more of a Hargreaves type character energising the team than a sitting player like Makelele.

“I don’t think for one minute that he is another Lee Carsley. I see (Segundo) Castillo as being the one who will play like Cars. What his arrival does, though, is give us the competition we have needed in midfield.

Based on that, I think he'll be right in the middle between Arteta and Pienaar/Osman.

--------------Castillo-----------------

Arteta--------Fellaini--------Peanuts

--------------Cahill-------------------

Based on that, I think he'll be right in the middle between Arteta and Pienaar/Osman.

thats the midfield id like to see. and nice that we have osman too

thats the midfield id like to see. and nice that we have osman too

Hm. I dunno, I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable about how Cahill would be an automatic choice over Ossie when he plays nowhere near as much and so has become somewhat unreliable. Then I see Ossie play most games for us, giving as much effort as Cahill and improving all the while. Just my feeling on it. :)

My team for this year...

Jacobsen------------Lescott---------------------Yobo----------------Baines

Arteta--------------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

-----------------Fellaini--------------------------Osman---------------------

Hm. I dunno, I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable about how Cahill would be an automatic choice over Ossie when he plays nowhere near as much and so has become somewhat unreliable. Then I see Ossie play most games for us, giving as much effort as Cahill and improving all the while. Just my feeling on it. :)

My team for this year...

Jacobsen------------Lescott---------------------Yobo----------------Baines

Arteta--------------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

-----------------Fellaini--------------------------Osman---------------------

I have the same thought Calico, my reasoning all depends on how Castillo turns out, he and Fellaini may be switched.

Castillo's goal ratio gives me the impression that he will play a more forward role and Fellaini play the defensive role, but both are supposed to be excellent box to box players so i think i have to wait to see how it develops, if they are that good we might not need to go 4-5-1, in which case both Cahill and Osman may be on the bench.

PS ........ would also have Neville at fullback until i've seen Jacobsen play. Lescott fullback, and Jags centre half.

How can you leave Jags or Cahill out of the starting team. Cahill is arguably our best player and Jags was our most consistant player last year in my opinion hence his England call up. He is the kevin ratcliff of today! This in my opinion is undoubtedly the strongest team we have available when all are fit.

Howard

Neville Jags Lescott Baines

Fellani

Piennar Cahill Arteta

Yakubu Saha

The only debate is whether to play Yobo in the center and play Lescott at full back. I think this is our strongest team. Watch the standard liege game against the shite and youll see hoe impressive fellani looks!

Not happy with the players we have missed out on and our still small squad but i think we can make do untill january. PLEASE PLEASE MOYES, SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE!!! NSNO

I have the same thought Calico, my reasoning all depends on how Castillo turns out, he and Fellaini may be switched.

Castillo's goal ratio gives me the impression that he will play a more forward role and Fellaini play the defensive role, but both are supposed to be excellent box to box players so i think i have to wait to see how it develops, if they are that good we might not need to go 4-5-1, in which case both Cahill and Osman may be on the bench.

PS ........ would also have Neville at fullback until i've seen Jacobsen play. Lescott fullback, and Jags centre half.

I think your right Liker mate Castillo imo will play the more advanced football and Fellaini will do the dirty work at the back either way tho if both turn out to be good players and we have a fully fit squad we look very good on paper, With the likes of Saha competing and a good set of MF's to choose from im quite looking forward to how things pan out, As we know were very suspect at the back with Lesbo at CB i just hope Moyes see's sense and goes back to the winning formula we had last season plus i'd like Jacobson to turn out to be an improvement on Neville if that is the case i can still se us doing very well

This is exactly how we need to play when cahill comes back. When him and ossie are both fit no one could argue that cahill is not the better player. and until he shows us otherwise we need to show full confidence in him. It is also very pleasing to see that we will now be able to bring on quality subs such as ossie and saha and then young fellas like rodwell and baxter to either pinch hit or give them some time when the game is already decided instead of playing them for 90 minutes when their development isn't at that stage yet.

I think your right Liker mate Castillo imo will play the more advanced football and Fellaini will do the dirty work at the back either way tho if both turn out to be good players and we have a fully fit squad we look very good on paper, With the likes of Saha competing and a good set of MF's to choose from im quite looking forward to how things pan out, As we know were very suspect at the back with Lesbo at CB i just hope Moyes see's sense and goes back to the winning formula we had last season plus i'd like Jacobson to turn out to be an improvement on Neville if that is the case i can still se us doing very well

Not too sure about that one boys.

"Hi all from Belgrade.

Castillo is very good player and you are lucky to get him.

He is hard working defensive midfielder with great understanding of game and very good anticipation. Although vertically chalenged, he scored quite a few headers during his 2 year spell with us, during which he was voted best player by fans twice. I think the real reason B'burn didn't sign him is his contract, which is very complicated - he is partly owned by his former Ecuadorian club, partly by Red Star, partly by his manager, which won't look good with your FA after Tevez case. Also, he desperately wanted to get out of Red Star which is in permanent ownership turmoil for some time now, so he didn't had any training with us during pre season. I guess you will have to wait for month or two to start seeing the best of him."

How can you leave Jags....out of the starting team. He is the kevin ratcliff of today!

I'm guessing from your name you were born in 1987, and never saw The Rat play.

Jags has a long way to go before he can be spoken about in the same breath as Kevin.

Yeah, I did think Castillo was the defensive one between the pair of our new midfielder players, especially after what Moyes said about seeing Fellaini as more than just a destructive player. I mean, Fellaini is huge and if we're lucky enough this kid could dominate in a box-to-box role.... no pressure, though <_<

Not too sure about that one boys.

"Hi all from Belgrade.

Castillo is very good player and you are lucky to get him.

He is hard working defensive midfielder with great understanding of game and very good anticipation. Although vertically chalenged, he scored quite a few headers during his 2 year spell with us, during which he was voted best player by fans twice. I think the real reason B'burn didn't sign him is his contract, which is very complicated - he is partly owned by his former Ecuadorian club, partly by Red Star, partly by his manager, which won't look good with your FA after Tevez case. Also, he desperately wanted to get out of Red Star which is in permanent ownership turmoil for some time now, so he didn't had any training with us during pre season. I guess you will have to wait for month or two to start seeing the best of him."

From Fellaini's own interview on the OS ........

"I am a physical player and my style and strength will really fit in with the English game.

"I don't know a lot about the team but I am young, I can bring youthful enthusiasm and I am really keen to do well and succeed. I fulfill a defensive midfield role and I can prove a good barrier to protect the defence.

As i said earlier, it might be that both will play in the middle in a 4-4-2, both are suposedly excellent box to box players with bags of energy. interesting line up for the stoke game. :) as also stated earlier Castillo,s goal ratio is much better (average 8 a season) so i am assuming he gets forward more often.

Why won't Fellaini be playing against Stoke?

See this part of his interview:

Indeed, those games against Liverpool have heightened the midfielder's anticipation of the Merseyside derby, which could be one of his first games for Everton later this month.

Why won't Fellaini be playing against Stoke?

See this part of his interview:

Stoke probably will be his first game. The Liverpool game will be his first home game, which i think is what the quote is alluding to.

Mate, it says ONE of his first games so it's not likely to be his actual first game. I hope not anyway.

Yeah that was my first thought too but when you read the whole article it never entertains the fact he could be playing next week, always "later this month". Maybe I read too much into things...

I have to say things are a little interesting now with the squad we have.

Could still had been so much better but still we work with what we got.

First thing I would say is how can we say that any of the new signings would be in our strongest 11. You would like to think that all of them would be able to play for the starting 11, however we wont know for a couple of games and with that I would not expect 2 many changes to begin with.

I would expect Lescott to go at left back for the next game and Jags into defence and Neville if fit to stay at right back.

I would thing Cast will come into midfiled along with Fellini, Arteta, Osman (if fit) but if not then Rodwwell will stay and Yaks and Vaughan up front.

Providing all new players play well and all fit for me I would have the following team

Howard

Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lescott

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

bench

Nash, Baines, Valente, Osman, Vaughan, Jars, Saha

Also got Victor than can play as well in place of one of the defenders on the bench if need be.

I think I am missing someone but cant think who

First thing I would say is how can we say that any of the new signings would be in our strongest 11. You would like to think that all of them would be able to play for the starting 11, however we wont know for a couple of games and with that I would not expect 2 many changes to begin with.

I would expect Lescott to go at left back for the next game and Jags into defence and Neville if fit to stay at right back.

I would thing Cast will come into midfiled along with Fellini, Arteta, Osman (if fit) but if not then Rodwwell will stay and Yaks and Vaughan up front.

Providing all new players play well and all fit for me I would have the following team

Howard

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

bench

Also got Victor than can play as well in place of one of the defenders on the bench if need be.

Moutinho.?? :D

Howard

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

bench

Hibbert. Who can switch in and out with Nuno Valente as a bench sub depending on which one seems more likely to be useful that day.

Howard

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

No, That can't work with Fellaini.

X - X - X - X

Fellaini

X X X

That's the only way for him to be at his best. Like that, he'll make your defenders best of PL ;) (maybe :D)

With national team :

X - X - X - X

X

Fellaini - X

X X

X

Wasn't good at all.

With U21 national team :

X - X - X - X

Fellaini - X

X - X - X

X

Wasn't bad but anywhere near what he does at Liège.