IGNORED

This Years Team

jofanon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too dissimilar really.

I'd have Pienaar over Osman and atm Baines or Valente and Jags over Lescott. Think he needs a bit of a kick up the arse.

-------------Howard-------------

Neville Yobo Jags Baines

Arteta Castillio Pienaar Obinna*

--------------Cahill--------------

---------------Yak---------------

Subs

Turner

Valente

Jacobson

Lescott

Osman*

Vaughan

Saha

im pretty much in there with you jamie, only right now id have baines in over lescott

Yeah I'd agree with you there. think dropping him for a game could kick him into touch, but he'll be back to his best eventually. he has not suddently turned into a dire player, just an out of form one, much like most of our squad. He needs to move back to LB though, everyone seems in agreement on that one.

I now am conceding the fact that we won't bring anyone else in (apart from Obinna, who i still think will link up with us) So this is the squad I would play

----------Howard----------

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Arteta Castillio Osman Obinna

------Cahill--------------

--------------Yak---------

Subs

Turner

Valente

Jacobson

Baines

Pienaar

Vaughn

Saha

I'll go with that untill i see what they are like, castillo and obinna will have to be good to keep out Pienaar.

Team looks a little more interesting now. Lets be honest the players that have left only really Johnson, Carsley and Fernandes played that much.

Howard, Nash, Turner, Ruddy (4)

Hibbert, Neviller, Lescott, Jacobsen, Baines, Valente, Yobo, Jagielka (8)

Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Osman, Castillo, Rodwell, Fellaini, VDM(?), Gosling (9/8)

Saha, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan, Baxter (5)

Not too bad for numbers, but think we just need to get over the couple of injuries we've got in midfield at the minute.

Just glad transfer window is now shut!

I guess for the time being, here is our lineup

-----------------------Howard-----------------------

Pip/Jacobsen---Yobo----------Jags--------Lescott

Arteta----------Fellaini--------Castillo------Osman

----------------Yakubu---------Saha----------------

Bench

Nash

Baines

Rodwell

Anichebe

Vaughan

When completely healthy it gets tricky...

--------------------Howard----------------------------

Pip----------Yobo-----------Jags-------------Lescott

------------Castillo--------Fellaini---------------------

Arteta-----------------------------------------Pienaar

--------------------Cahill-------------------------------

--------------------Yakubu------------------------------

Bench

Nash

Baines

Jacobsen

Saha

Vaughan

Osman

Rodwell

When completely healthy it gets tricky...

--------------------Howard----------------------------

Pip----------Yobo-----------Jags-------------Lescott

------------Castillo--------Fellaini---------------------

Arteta-----------------------------------------Pienaar

--------------------Cahill-------------------------------

--------------------Yakubu------------------------------

Bench

Nash

Baines

Jacobsen

Saha

Vaughan

Osman

Rodwell

spot on although i want to see baines at left back putting them crosses into timmy and then having timmy bang them in with his head coyb!

Well, for all of the panicking we were doing here on the board, we almost hit our target in the end. Moyes wanted to sign at least six players, and if Obinna's permit had gone through that's exactly what we would've gotten. Instead we ended up with five: one forward, two mids, a defender, and a backup keeper. Would've made for a much more relaxing summer for all of us if some of these deals could've been sorted out oh, say, LAST MONTH. <_< But unfortunately that seems to be the nature of the business these days; lot of clubs just don't want to sell until they're right up against the deadline. At least we got most of the reinforcements that we needed. Finally. We're still on the smaller side, but at least we aren't going to have to put 4 or 5 kids on the bench for the next match. And hey, now that the kids have been blooded a bit, maybe it'll help with their development down the road.

Let's just hope now that with so many new players coming in, the team can jell quickly. I still fancy our chances with a healthy team of snagging another UEFA Cup spot (CL was a long shot to begin with, and it just got even longer with the "new" Man City trumpeting their arrival), but we can't afford to dig ourselves too deep a hole while we're busy trying to get our act together.

Moyesy doesn't see Fellatio (think that should be his name now) as a holding player interestingly.

So I wonder how he fits in the dynamic of the team? He doesn't have a massive goal return so I can't see him playing as advanced as TC.

Perhaps more of a Hargreaves type character energising the team than a sitting player like Makelele.

“I don’t think for one minute that he is another Lee Carsley. I see (Segundo) Castillo as being the one who will play like Cars. What his arrival does, though, is give us the competition we have needed in midfield.

Moyesy doesn't see Fellatio (think that should be his name now) as a holding player interestingly.

So I wonder how he fits in the dynamic of the team? He doesn't have a massive goal return so I can't see him playing as advanced as TC.

Perhaps more of a Hargreaves type character energising the team than a sitting player like Makelele.

“I don’t think for one minute that he is another Lee Carsley. I see (Segundo) Castillo as being the one who will play like Cars. What his arrival does, though, is give us the competition we have needed in midfield.

Based on that, I think he'll be right in the middle between Arteta and Pienaar/Osman.

--------------Castillo-----------------

Arteta--------Fellaini--------Peanuts

--------------Cahill-------------------

Based on that, I think he'll be right in the middle between Arteta and Pienaar/Osman.

thats the midfield id like to see. and nice that we have osman too

thats the midfield id like to see. and nice that we have osman too

Hm. I dunno, I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable about how Cahill would be an automatic choice over Ossie when he plays nowhere near as much and so has become somewhat unreliable. Then I see Ossie play most games for us, giving as much effort as Cahill and improving all the while. Just my feeling on it. :)

My team for this year...

-----------------------------------Howard----------------------------------

Jacobsen------------Lescott---------------------Yobo----------------Baines

-----------------------------------Castillo-----------------------------------

Arteta--------------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

-----------------Fellaini--------------------------Osman---------------------

---------------------------------Yakubu-------------------------------------

Hm. I dunno, I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable about how Cahill would be an automatic choice over Ossie when he plays nowhere near as much and so has become somewhat unreliable. Then I see Ossie play most games for us, giving as much effort as Cahill and improving all the while. Just my feeling on it. :)

My team for this year...

-----------------------------------Howard----------------------------------

Jacobsen------------Lescott---------------------Yobo----------------Baines

-----------------------------------Castillo-----------------------------------

Arteta--------------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

-----------------Fellaini--------------------------Osman---------------------

---------------------------------Yakubu-------------------------------------

I have the same thought Calico, my reasoning all depends on how Castillo turns out, he and Fellaini may be switched.

Castillo's goal ratio gives me the impression that he will play a more forward role and Fellaini play the defensive role, but both are supposed to be excellent box to box players so i think i have to wait to see how it develops, if they are that good we might not need to go 4-5-1, in which case both Cahill and Osman may be on the bench.

PS ........ would also have Neville at fullback until i've seen Jacobsen play. Lescott fullback, and Jags centre half.

How can you leave Jags or Cahill out of the starting team. Cahill is arguably our best player and Jags was our most consistant player last year in my opinion hence his England call up. He is the kevin ratcliff of today! This in my opinion is undoubtedly the strongest team we have available when all are fit.

Howard

Neville Jags Lescott Baines

Fellani

Piennar Cahill Arteta

Yakubu Saha

The only debate is whether to play Yobo in the center and play Lescott at full back. I think this is our strongest team. Watch the standard liege game against the shite and youll see hoe impressive fellani looks!

Not happy with the players we have missed out on and our still small squad but i think we can make do untill january. PLEASE PLEASE MOYES, SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE!!! NSNO

I have the same thought Calico, my reasoning all depends on how Castillo turns out, he and Fellaini may be switched.

Castillo's goal ratio gives me the impression that he will play a more forward role and Fellaini play the defensive role, but both are supposed to be excellent box to box players so i think i have to wait to see how it develops, if they are that good we might not need to go 4-5-1, in which case both Cahill and Osman may be on the bench.

PS ........ would also have Neville at fullback until i've seen Jacobsen play. Lescott fullback, and Jags centre half.

I think your right Liker mate Castillo imo will play the more advanced football and Fellaini will do the dirty work at the back either way tho if both turn out to be good players and we have a fully fit squad we look very good on paper, With the likes of Saha competing and a good set of MF's to choose from im quite looking forward to how things pan out, As we know were very suspect at the back with Lesbo at CB i just hope Moyes see's sense and goes back to the winning formula we had last season plus i'd like Jacobson to turn out to be an improvement on Neville if that is the case i can still se us doing very well

Edited by EFC-Paul

This is exactly how we need to play when cahill comes back. When him and ossie are both fit no one could argue that cahill is not the better player. and until he shows us otherwise we need to show full confidence in him. It is also very pleasing to see that we will now be able to bring on quality subs such as ossie and saha and then young fellas like rodwell and baxter to either pinch hit or give them some time when the game is already decided instead of playing them for 90 minutes when their development isn't at that stage yet.

I think your right Liker mate Castillo imo will play the more advanced football and Fellaini will do the dirty work at the back either way tho if both turn out to be good players and we have a fully fit squad we look very good on paper, With the likes of Saha competing and a good set of MF's to choose from im quite looking forward to how things pan out, As we know were very suspect at the back with Lesbo at CB i just hope Moyes see's sense and goes back to the winning formula we had last season plus i'd like Jacobson to turn out to be an improvement on Neville if that is the case i can still se us doing very well

Not too sure about that one boys.

"Hi all from Belgrade.

Castillo is very good player and you are lucky to get him.

He is hard working defensive midfielder with great understanding of game and very good anticipation. Although vertically chalenged, he scored quite a few headers during his 2 year spell with us, during which he was voted best player by fans twice. I think the real reason B'burn didn't sign him is his contract, which is very complicated - he is partly owned by his former Ecuadorian club, partly by Red Star, partly by his manager, which won't look good with your FA after Tevez case. Also, he desperately wanted to get out of Red Star which is in permanent ownership turmoil for some time now, so he didn't had any training with us during pre season. I guess you will have to wait for month or two to start seeing the best of him."

Edited by DonKey

Yeah, I did think Castillo was the defensive one between the pair of our new midfielder players, especially after what Moyes said about seeing Fellaini as more than just a destructive player. I mean, Fellaini is huge and if we're lucky enough this kid could dominate in a box-to-box role.... no pressure, though <_<

Not too sure about that one boys.

"Hi all from Belgrade.

Castillo is very good player and you are lucky to get him.

He is hard working defensive midfielder with great understanding of game and very good anticipation. Although vertically chalenged, he scored quite a few headers during his 2 year spell with us, during which he was voted best player by fans twice. I think the real reason B'burn didn't sign him is his contract, which is very complicated - he is partly owned by his former Ecuadorian club, partly by Red Star, partly by his manager, which won't look good with your FA after Tevez case. Also, he desperately wanted to get out of Red Star which is in permanent ownership turmoil for some time now, so he didn't had any training with us during pre season. I guess you will have to wait for month or two to start seeing the best of him."

From Fellaini's own interview on the OS ........

"I am a physical player and my style and strength will really fit in with the English game.

"I don't know a lot about the team but I am young, I can bring youthful enthusiasm and I am really keen to do well and succeed. I fulfill a defensive midfield role and I can prove a good barrier to protect the defence.

As i said earlier, it might be that both will play in the middle in a 4-4-2, both are suposedly excellent box to box players with bags of energy. interesting line up for the stoke game. :) as also stated earlier Castillo,s goal ratio is much better (average 8 a season) so i am assuming he gets forward more often.

I have to say things are a little interesting now with the squad we have.

Could still had been so much better but still we work with what we got.

First thing I would say is how can we say that any of the new signings would be in our strongest 11. You would like to think that all of them would be able to play for the starting 11, however we wont know for a couple of games and with that I would not expect 2 many changes to begin with.

I would expect Lescott to go at left back for the next game and Jags into defence and Neville if fit to stay at right back.

I would thing Cast will come into midfiled along with Fellini, Arteta, Osman (if fit) but if not then Rodwwell will stay and Yaks and Vaughan up front.

Providing all new players play well and all fit for me I would have the following team

Howard

Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lescott

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

bench

Nash, Baines, Valente, Osman, Vaughan, Jars, Saha

Also got Victor than can play as well in place of one of the defenders on the bench if need be.

I think I am missing someone but cant think who

First thing I would say is how can we say that any of the new signings would be in our strongest 11. You would like to think that all of them would be able to play for the starting 11, however we wont know for a couple of games and with that I would not expect 2 many changes to begin with.

I would expect Lescott to go at left back for the next game and Jags into defence and Neville if fit to stay at right back.

I would thing Cast will come into midfiled along with Fellini, Arteta, Osman (if fit) but if not then Rodwwell will stay and Yaks and Vaughan up front.

Providing all new players play well and all fit for me I would have the following team

Howard

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

bench

Also got Victor than can play as well in place of one of the defenders on the bench if need be.

Moutinho.?? :D

Howard

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

bench

Hibbert. Who can switch in and out with Nuno Valente as a bench sub depending on which one seems more likely to be useful that day.

Howard

Castillo

Arteta, Fellini, Peanuts

Cahill

Yaks

No, That can't work with Fellaini.

X - X - X - X

Fellaini

X X X

That's the only way for him to be at his best. Like that, he'll make your defenders best of PL ;) (maybe :D)

With national team :

X - X - X - X

X

Fellaini - X

X X

X

Wasn't good at all.

With U21 national team :

X - X - X - X

Fellaini - X

X - X - X

X

Wasn't bad but anywhere near what he does at Liège.