IGNORED

This Years Team

jofanon

No, That can't work with Fellaini.

X - X - X - X

Fellaini

X X X

That's the only way for him to be at his best. Like that, he'll make your defenders best of PL ;) (maybe :D)

With national team :

X - X - X - X

X

Fellaini - X

X X

X

Wasn't good at all.

With U21 national team :

X - X - X - X

Fellaini - X

X - X - X

X

Wasn't bad but anywhere near what he does at Liège.

That's where I thought he would be playing. Replacing Carsley by sitting right in front of the defence. Perfect replacement in my eyes and exaclty the kind of player we really needed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he'd be the replacement for Cars as well but Moyes sees Castillo as that man and at the end of the day he'll be picking the team. We'll just have to see how it works out. Wouldn't it be great if Castillo turns out to be very good, then we have real options in midfield, something I feared we wouldn't have til January at the earliest.

I thought he'd be the replacement for Cars as well but Moyes sees Castillo as that man and at the end of the day he'll be picking the team. We'll just have to see how it works out. Wouldn't it be great if Castillo turns out to be very good, then we have real options in midfield, something I feared we wouldn't have til January at the earliest.

From what I have seen of Castillio I think that he could be a very good signing, I am confident that he will bring something postive to the team. Even if when we have a full strenght team he is strong option from the bench. From what I have seen of him he plays a Carrick type role. Sitting in the middle of the park and helping to start forward moves, but he is not a defensive player, just a central player. I think he'll be a useful signing. Just hope he can cut it in the prem

I'm guessing from your name you were born in 1987, and never saw The Rat play.

Jags has a long way to go before he can be spoken about in the same breath as Kevin.

You're correct Mike, I have never seen him play live. But as a huge Evertonian I have both read and watched many games of Everton which The Rat played in. I also come from a family of Evertonains, many of them having seen him pay at Goodison! I wouldn't have used his name without having the knowledge to do so! I think Jags is very similar to the Rat as he reads the game beautifully, great in the air and controls the back line well. Sound familiar?! ;)

You're correct Mike, I have never seen him play live. But as a huge Evertonian I have both read and watched many games of Everton which The Rat played in. I also come from a family of Evertonains, many of them having seen him pay at Goodison! I wouldn't have used his name without having the knowledge to do so! I think Jags is very similar to the Rat as he reads the game beautifully, great in the air and controls the back line well. Sound familiar?! ;)

That's completely acceptable :D .

Just the choice of words, "He reminds me of The Rat," or "He plays like The Rat" would have been fine.

"He's The Rat of today?" Not yet....but I take your point (and I hope he is one day!).

MY STOKE TEAM

-----------------------------------HOWARD---------------------------------------

NEVILLE-----------YOBO-----------------------------JAGS-------------LESCOTT

----------------------------FELLANI-------CASTILLO-----------------------------

-----ARTETA---------------------------------------------------------PIENAAR----

-----------------------------SAHA-----------YAK-----------------------------------

ARE BEST LINE UP : UNLESS JAKOBSON PROVES TO BE BETTER THAN NEVILLE

-----------------------------------HOWARD----------------------------------------

NEVILLE-------------YOBO-------------------------JAGS---------------LESCOTT

------------------------------------FELLANI----------------------------------------

----------ARTETA-----------------CAHILL--------------------OSMAN-------------

-----------------------SAHA-----------------------YAK-----------------------------

1 would agree also on the Stoke team but i think Pienaar is injured as well as Saha, so i will stick Vaughan and Osman in there.

But i will hold back on our best eleven till i have seen Castillo, his goal ratio (18 in the last two seasons) is on a par with Cahills, but he might have more about him in the tackling and general ball distribution department than Cahill has. ;)

howard

neville yobo jags lescott

castillo

osman fellinai arteta

cahill

yak

as you will see the back four is soild no arguement there really, i like baines but for all his crosses last week, glenn johnson mugged him on several occasions, therefore i've stuck with the above. i cant see jacubson being a better pro than pip, so i've stuck with pip,i think he is a soild right back.

midfield is interesting, as moyes says he see castillo doing the carsley therefore hes holding just in front of the back four, mopping up so to speak. in front he's got the triangle of felliani and cahill. if your playing a five in midflield, cahill is ruthless in such a formation, and at 15 mill on th drip, fellinai must be talent and starts slighlt behind him. arteta on the left and osman on the right, swapping as they see fit.

the yak on his tod.

nevertheless i would go for the 442 on about 60 mins mark in most games, bringing vaughan and vic to forge a partnership for the future