IGNORED

Why Haven't We Signed A Keeper

We have all made comments about the lack of financial out lay this summer and postulated as to whether or not we have money.

Not long after we released Wessels DM pointed out that a good understudy was essential to push TH but no signing has been made? If we do have cash why haven't we signed someone or have we suddenly found lost faith in Turner and Ruddy? This may seem a minor point but in view of DM's comments and the fact that we had that Portugese lad Victor something or other, who got chased many weeks ago we would have made a signing by now. If we had the money DM would have fullfilled his wish as decent keepers have a premium and don't come as freebies since we managed to get Nigel Martyn for sod all B)

We have all made comments about the lack of financial out lay this summer and postulated as to whether or not we have money.

Not long after we released Wessels DM pointed out that a good understudy was essential to push TH but no signing has been made? If we do have cash why haven't we signed someone or have we suddenly found lost faith in Turner and Ruddy? This may seem a minor point but in view of DM's comments and the fact that we had that Portugese lad Victor something or other, who got chased many weeks ago we would have made a signing by now. If we had the money DM would have fullfilled his wish as decent keepers have a premium and don't come as freebies since we managed to get Nigel Martyn for sod all B)

you also had a pretty good keeper up there trying out, stoykovick. Thing is, the boy has skill, but clearly has no respect, he's had discipline problems in most of his clubs, and he simply walked out of a training session and left. I mean, wtf?? now he's all teary cuz he can't get a club. no shit, sherlock!!! to get a club you have to actually STAY there!!

Edited by Sporting4ever

I'd like to think DM has bigger priorities than a GK (like a couple more midfielders) when we have two perfectly good young GK's on our books.

Seriously. And Howard has all kinds of incentives to keep playing well whether he's got someone "pushing" him or not. It's not like he's suddenly going to turn into Massimo Taibi without a veteran backup behind him.

The aim of this thread was not to suggest that Howard was a weak keeper or that Turner and Ruddy were not up to it but to highlight what has gone wrong with our club financially. It seems in a matter of weeks we went from needing an experienced keeper to that need to become a forgotten matter. The only reason I can see is that yet again unless the animal is free we can't afford him. We had been strongly linked with the young Peterborough keeper who had been called into the England squad but now not even a mention. It is all symptonmatic of no funds being available, remember we have not as yet been told why Wyness resigned it is being accepeted as a bland resignation.

The startling thing as far as I am concerned is Moyes plan for an experienced keeper has apparently been dumped without a ball being kicked, Turner and Ruddy are no better or no worse than last season. Where has the money gone enabling our manager to complete his plans?????????????

Let me tell you here and now, Joe Lewis (Peterboro) is no better than Turner or Ruddy. I live in Peterboro.

Yeah he's ok as far as young goalies go but so are our two. IMO we dont need another goalie, we have two reserves who are more than capable of standing in for the odd couple of games.

Let me tell you here and now, Joe Lewis (Peterboro) is no better than Turner or Ruddy. I live in Peterboro.

Yeah he's ok as far as young goalies go but so are our two. IMO we dont need another goalie, we have two reserves who are more than capable of standing in for the odd couple of games.

Licker mate it is not about what we need but about what Moyes wanted.