IGNORED

News Of The World - Groundshare Could Be On

Louis

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article19914.ece

A site in the city’s docklands in North Liverpool – owned by one of the country’s leading property groups Peel Holdings – has already been earmarked as a potential site.

Such a scheme would minimise the cost to both clubs and have the backing of Liverpool City Council, who want both clubs to remain within city boundaries.

I think its fair to say that Inter and AC Milan retain a rivalry and they share.

I am not saying I am all for it, but I just don't think the idea can be dismissed too easily. I know its about having a home, a place that is ours, etc but the money involved is serious amounts. If we are not going to have the Tesco money then where is the money going to come from?

If we are scrambling around to spend £30m on transfer fees, then try the £300m plus it would need to go it alone in the city.

I say do a feasibility study.

Liverpool City Council went to NWDA to request funds to commission one a while ago, I don't know what happened exactly but I was told that the funds would only become available if both clubs agreed to the idea in principle.

John Whittaker (Peel Holdings boss worth £900million+) is involved, Warren Bradley was on radio saying he's been discussing it with him.

I'm not against this idea at all. We could have a huge 70 seater stadium, the atmosphere, especially on derby matches would be immense. The price would be halved, we'd probably got some funding. We have to get rid of these exclusivity deal with Tesco asap cos that's holding us back aswell. With not too many options or money floating around, I'd say that a ground share could (possibly) be the best option. For me it's either that or redevelop GP, but then there's another headache to consider.

The Express today has the back page talking about liverpoops stadium plans being delayed because of the yanks problems (yes the credit crunch was memtioned ffs)

I could see it happening if only the fans could be big enough to allow it

I'm not against this idea at all. We could have a huge 70 seater stadium, the atmosphere, especially on derby matches would be immense. The price would be halved, we'd probably got some funding. We have to get rid of these exclusivity deal with Tesco asap cos that's holding us back aswell. With not too many options or money floating around, I'd say that a ground share could (possibly) be the best option. For me it's either that or redevelop GP, but then there's another headache to consider.

Who says we have no ambition!? ;)

From what I've been told the funding would pretty much pay for the stadium because it would be a regeneration (I'm sick of that word too!) catalyst.

A redeveloped Goodison Park is my preference but a ground share does make sense to me (more so than Kirkby).

Who says we have no ambition!? ;)

From what I've been told the funding would pretty much pay for the stadium because it would be a regeneration (I'm sick of that word too!) catalyst.

A redeveloped Goodison Park is my preference but a ground share does make sense to me (more so than Kirkby).

In this day and age of increased energy, land, building maintenance costs this is the only way forward. it makes KEIOC defunct, Kirkby residents elated and the Stanley Park trees growing. Possibble this story should be read inconjunction with http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry134542, the Americans loans are up as the recession will bite in harder even after another six months they cannot build it and the rs will be up in arms.

I say go for it, it seems to work in other Countries Plus we get a top notch stadium with maybe 60 to 70 thousand capacity for half the price. Business wise and being short of cash its a no brainer for me.

I agree, the worry is will Liverpool and their fans see it as such a great deal? Personally, I think it's the ideal option and the Council should be pushing it now.

Prefer this over Kirkby but redoveloping GP is the best option IMO.

Altough if we ground share forgien people will know the stadium would belong to the most sussessful club (which would be liverpool admitedly) so in theory it would be known as liverpools stadium and it would make us look stupid I mean come on we couldn't fill a 70k seater stadium if our lives depended on it.

Altough if we ground share forgien people will know the stadium would belong to the most sussessful club (which would be liverpool admitedly) so in theory it would be known as liverpools stadium and it would make us look stupid I mean come on we couldn't fill a 70k seater stadium if our lives depended on it.

true true. ignorant world...... <_<

The Americans are in big financial problems and today DIC has bought Citeh, shows you what a new ground can do. Liverpool fans have to realise that their suppose safe net of DIC taking them over cannot happen now and they are more in shit street than we ever knew how to be. A joint venture is the only reasonable way forward for all concerned

The Americans are in big financial problems and today DIC has bought Citeh, shows you what a new ground can do. Liverpool fans have to realise that their suppose safe net of DIC taking them over cannot happen now and they are more in shit street than we ever knew how to be. A joint venture is the only reasonable way forward for all concerned

it ain't the same people bought city that want us.

There would be MASSIVE resistance to a groundshare from liverpool fans. If the supermegadrome arena is as dead as it looks, there will be a massive push from fans groups to re-developing anfield.

If the choice is between:

a world class 80,000 capacity stadium (white seats with blue and red lights like the Allianz Arena in Munich on the inside so the seats are different colours)

or

a high quality but not world class 50,000 stadium and for arguments sake the 80k is cheaper to the club due to EU funding and the fact we would paying half a contribution what would you settle for?

as things stand at the moment, i think they might. I mean, rivalries asside, they're inteligent people, and at this time, with both clubs with dificulties with getting new stadiums, and with the city so keen to help, and with the simple fact that you would be able to get a much more impressive stadium the 2 together then either one could on their own, i just think it IS possible.

But people need to start talking about it.

Financially, it's the way to go. lower costs, bigger stadium, more revenue, bigger crouds. and as we all know, more money = better players = more silverware = more money, so you need to get that cicle started.

as things stand at the moment, i think they might. I mean, rivalries asside, they're inteligent people, and at this time, with both clubs with dificulties with getting new stadiums, and with the city so keen to help, and with the simple fact that you would be able to get a much more impressive stadium the 2 together then either one could on their own, i just think it IS possible.

But people need to start talking about it.

Financially, it's the way to go. lower costs, bigger stadium, more revenue, bigger crouds. and as we all know, more money = better players = more silverware = more money, so you need to get that cicle started.

Liverpool owners might go for it, but the fans wouldn't - they would run the owners out of town before sharing a stadium with us. The only way this could happen is if the Council somehow forced the issue.

it ain't the same people bought city that want us.

There would be MASSIVE resistance to a groundshare from liverpool fans. If the supermegadrome arena is as dead as it looks, there will be a massive push from fans groups to re-developing anfield.

Thanks my mistake, Mike pointed it before, its my medication :lol::lol::lol:

I think the local resident would prevent any redevelopment, that is part the reason they wanted to move in the first place

if EFC fans can go for it, why can't LFC fans?

first of all remember there are two different perspectives here, its not just simply a case of one set of fans being imore stubborn. I think Everton fans see it as a preferable alternative to either Kirkby or staying at Goodison (without redevelopment). Liverpool fans, at the moment, don't. Under the status quo, Everton seem unable to attract investment, and it's almost certainly due to the lack of facilities at Goodison and the pressing need to either move or develop would be a massive turn-off to anyone looking to invest.

Liverpool, on the other hand have some very rich people interested in buying us, who have maintained their interest despite being treated badly. I think most liverpool fans are more disposed to staying put and weathering the storm for the moment as it looks like a lack of financial backing will probably force the americans to sell in the next 12 months.

If we were in similar circumstances then theres no way Everton fans would want to move in with us than we would with them, I'm certain of it.

Honest to god if the council want to help the clubs and the local area they should be bending over backwards to help us redevelop Anfield and Goodison. They are two of the most important and significant buildings in Liverpool, and we're looking at them possibly both being demolished within months of each other. Might as well knock the cathedrals down too.