IGNORED

Man City Second Takeover In 2 Years

gazebo

Why is it that a crap team like City can attract that sort of investmnt to make them the richest club in the country.

WTF is BK doing. He is completely incompetant. Get someone else in now who can afford to take us where we want to be.

e.i. Chmpions league every year.

Unless it happens ten we will stuggle to even make the UEFA every now and again.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No and Bill Kenwright more than likely does not read ToffeeTalk.

Get Michael Owen in? Do you not think that is "scratting around" on the last day of the transfer window?

I've read that there has been interest in buying Everton but Kenwright wants around eight times what he paid in 1999.

I've read that there has been interest in buying Everton but Kenwright wants around eight times what he paid in 1999.

Yeah sounds about right to me. On the rich list i believe everton were quoted as being worth at least a few hundred million. If Kenwright was such a true blue he would lower his sale price and be happy to take his money back or small profit. People talk all the time about Kenwright being skint but he has pretty much increased his money ten fold in the shares he bought in everton, sold everthing we own and not put one dime back in! A TRUE BLUE!!!!!!!!

In an email a while ago from a shareholder.

Over the years there have been a few names mentioned with regards to a takeover. Gerry White, Paul Finnegan (Rage Games), Ian Kilbridge (did he ever get back to SteveO?), Fortress Sports Fund :huh: and more recently Lakshil Mittal.

i got a reply from his assitant, i frequently get detailed business emails too, like i been added to a mailing list. his assistant said what a mad blue he was and she would ask him to get in touch. he never did. he has got a billboard on the main stand though.

add david mclean to your list there louis

I can tell you 1 thing if comparing with City. City really did get a fantastic dea in regard to their ground (the former Commonwealth Games stadium) - trust me they paid about the same as the value of a bag of crisps.

for the money men, the status of a club in terms of its ground is a big factor.

We are also having to compete with the worldwide branding that LFC have - I don't like it either, but it IS a factor and we can't compete with it.

In an email a while ago from a shareholder.

Over the years there have been a few names mentioned with regards to a takeover. Gerry White, Paul Finnegan (Rage Games), Ian Kilbridge (did he ever get back to SteveO?), Fortress Sports Fund :huh: and more recently Lakshil Mittal.

Take it from me if they were serious they'd mount a take over as simple as that, look at DIC at Liverpool. Window shopping and buying are two different things. If anyone was interested in buying us out they could be as aggressive as they like, BK couldn't resist as he would lose what fan support he has so no until I see it in black and white it is simply gossip, unsubstantiated gossip at that.

I was reading up on there new owners the abu dhabi group and the man at the front of it was saying how much money for transfers will be avialable come january he said something like a £100mil but didnt want to say that amount was concrete because more would likely be available! also said that abramovich has pumped £1billion into Chelsea so far :o frighting really, I think its pretty obvious the ground is a big reason why prospective buyers may not want a hand in our club which tbh is understandable considering the extorsionate amount of money stadium builds cost over here, i do think in the near future our club will change hands maybe if this season goes pearshaped and we take big leaps backwards it may come sooner.

For me at least with city now,like it or not,becoming a big player in the premiership the time must surely be right for BK to sell up and move..now wether he feels that way is another matter of course

But i fear if he doesnt the club will move if not backwards then just sideways and thats not good enough for us.

The guy on SSN was saying that clubs can not just rely on skysports and merchanise income etc anymore that is why even traditionally run clubs such as liverpoo looked globally for investment. Sorry times for us blues unless BK goes as we are falling behind the likes of Villa, City and Spurs in the race for Europe.

The guy on SSN was saying that clubs can not just rely on skysports and merchanise income etc anymore that is why even traditionally run clubs such as liverpoo looked globally for investment. Sorry times for us blues unless BK goes as we are falling behind the likes of Villa, City and Spurs in the race for Europe.

Yes the goalposts have moved big time with this takeover thats for sure,the fact that city can be taken over and spend what 50 mill on players,not including SWP is staggering but it shows that there are moneymen who are prepared to throw money at a club to make it successful

But while BK dithers we will be left behind with the pack of and i hate to use this term,also rans surely Green or someone close to him can maybe tell him this and allow him and more importantly the club to move onto bigger and better things before the money dries up completly

We will only sell this club as a going concern if we all pull together. Gossip and rumour mongering about the board and its members does not endear the club to any potential buyer, can you see a potential buyer pulling into the ground having gone passed signs calling the incumbent owner every swine under the sun, it is wrong and should stop.

Personally I think it is a load of bollocks this Bill will sell or won't sell argument. If someone came in and wanted to take over they would. If Bill refused to sell his position would become untenable and the club would suffer and I'm sure even Bill would not want that no matter what you say about him.

From my own view point I find this billionaire trend sad, very sad as football was at one time a working class game that has been stolen. In truth is those Arabs had taken over at GP yesterday I'd still feel the same. The sport has lost its 'kick the can' roots and I find that very sad. I know that if we are to survive similar has to happen to us, hopefully I'll be in my grave by then because in selling abroad we cash in on our history because it will not be ours any more it will be a rich mans toy

3 guys who work for me are all City season ticket holders and despite what most people think they are not overly happy about the takeover. One of them said they actually feel sad as they have definitely lost their club now to the billionaires playgroud where youth players won't get a look in etc

Just goes to show money isn't everything, City fans feeling they have lost their club despite £32m Robinho signing!

3 guys who work for me are all City season ticket holders and despite what most people think they are not overly happy about the takeover. One of them said they actually feel sad as they have definitely lost their club now to the billionaires playgroud where youth players won't get a look in etc

Just goes to show money isn't everything, City fans feeling they have lost their club despite £32m Robinho signing!

Clearly like me they are old arse supporters cus I know where they are coming from

I think if it came down to it i'd sooner have these men running the show rather than a man who's looking more like a crook than a buisnessman