IGNORED

Man City Second Takeover In 2 Years

gazebo

We will only sell this club as a going concern if we all pull together. Gossip and rumour mongering about the board and its members does not endear the club to any potential buyer, can you see a potential buyer pulling into the ground having gone passed signs calling the incumbent owner every swine under the sun, it is wrong and should stop.

Personally I think it is a load of bollocks this Bill will sell or won't sell argument. If someone came in and wanted to take over they would. If Bill refused to sell his position would become untenable and the club would suffer and I'm sure even Bill would not want that no matter what you say about him.

From my own view point I find this billionaire trend sad, very sad as football was at one time a working class game that has been stolen. In truth is those Arabs had taken over at GP yesterday I'd still feel the same. The sport has lost its 'kick the can' roots and I find that very sad. I know that if we are to survive similar has to happen to us, hopefully I'll be in my grave by then because in selling abroad we cash in on our history because it will not be ours any more it will be a rich mans toy

Excellent post. As Jimmy said, if there was a seriously interested buyer out there Bill Kenwright would have no chance holding on to Everton and I don't think for one minute he'd want to stand in the way of what was best for the club, the sad truth is we just aren't an attractive proposition. As Jimmy also rightly said, some of the fans we do have who seem intent on slagging the board at every opportunity and doing their best to look for the negative in every situation will not endear us to potential investors.

At the end of the day I for one believe Kenwright is doing his best and without a better offer on the table then he gets my support. This close season has had some ups and downs, no question, but Moyes has continuously said how hard Kenwright has worked and stories say that Kenwright doesn't even take a wage from the club. Whatever your feelings are about the board, the bottom line is they're what we've got and it isn't going to change until a better offer comes in so just get used to it and support the club instead of breeding discontent.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to wreck the party but to be honest I don't really want a billionaire foreign owner taking over the club. It's necessary and if we don't get one in then in five years we'll be playing championship football but at the end of the day this is how shit football has become. United, Madrid, Arseal, Liverpool used to put up the argument that to get billionaire investors you have to win things. What has Man City won? Nothing! :angry:

If we want an investor all we can do is try and finish well this season and see what turns up. <_<

Agree with a lot of what jimmy is saying we do need to pull together now starting with Moyes signing a new contract asap that should give us a bit of solidarity we have all got to dig in and get behind the club but we do need to learn lessons from what went on these last couple of months we dont want this all over again in January if we cant afford any big signings then tell us we might not like it but at least our hopes will not be built up all i want is a bit more honesty and the club to be a bit more open about things because no matter what happens i will still go to the game and give my undying support come on moyes get signing COYB :)

i do agree with what you lads say, but in all honesty until the second EGM has passed i cant see any sort of pulling together, and also not least until some sort of agreement with the stadium issue too

That Steve is half the problem, most want to pull together but KEIOC keep on saying we won't give up until we get our way, that is the tail wagging the dog mate.

I was thinking earlier that it would not surprise me if Moyes walked especially if his mate Billy gets a hard time tonight. Lets pull together for our blue cause without self interest before its too late and if that means telling the minority 'if we don't get our way' brigade to sod off then so be it. I have always been prepared to accept the oput come of any vote by the fans, I only wish others were.

If we have a new stadium then we stand some chance of attracting investment. Bill admits he is a pauper in modern terms thus acknowledging he cannot take us forward, that said I to don't want us to become a rich mans play thing. One thing is certain if those Arabs had looked at us and what was going on behind the scenes before checking Citeh out their choice would have been made for them.

BK doesnt want to sell his toy..for the love of god city now mean biusness they're going to be a force like chelsea where mainly through sheer ammounts of cash they now have..we in the meantime go after has beens

I'm sorry but at the end of the day I'd rather have a man who loves Everton as much as I do at the helm of the club than a foreign investor. We're THE PEOPLES club! Just because Man City have got a billionaire owner doesnt mean we should be calling for Knewright's bollocks.

That Steve is half the problem, most want to pull together but KEIOC keep on saying we won't give up until we get our way, that is the tail wagging the dog mate.

I was thinking earlier that it would not surprise me if Moyes walked especially if his mate Billy gets a hard time tonight. Lets pull together for our blue cause without self interest before its too late and if that means telling the minority 'if we don't get our way' brigade to sod off then so be it. I have always been prepared to accept the oput come of any vote by the fans, I only wish others were.

If we have a new stadium then we stand some chance of attracting investment. Bill admits he is a pauper in modern terms thus acknowledging he cannot take us forward, that said I to don't want us to become a rich mans play thing. One thing is certain if those Arabs had looked at us and what was going on behind the scenes before checking Citeh out their choice would have been made for them.

i wouldnt be so sure the people against the move are the minority. even with all the lies it was still a very close vote, and since the lies came out a lot of people have changed their mind.

im pretty sure if the vote was open again it would be a no. even if we just ran a poll across TT for a week, a simple yes and no vote, i think the majority are now against this particular proposal.

I just saw this on the bbc site in an article about the new owners of City:

'When the Arab investors decided they wanted to purchase a Premier League football club, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool were also in their thoughts before they settled on City.

The Manchester club was the choice because Arsenal's major shareholders have collectively agreed not to sell to anybody in the near future, Newcastle were quoted at £400m and Liverpool were deemed poor value because of the need for a new stadium.'

If they think Liverpool are poor value because of the need for a new stadium then what hope do we have? (which is why we need the stadium sorted ASAP).

Soon I think the FA will put a limit on how many or how much money can be spent per season as the money being offered at the moment is crazy. How are the lower funded clubs meant to compete with such financial power? I hope Everton remain faithfull though, one of the few true clubs with proper tradition.

Soon I think the FA will put a limit on how many or how much money can be spent per season as the money being offered at the moment is crazy. How are the lower funded clubs meant to compete with such financial power? I hope Everton remain faithfull though, one of the few true clubs with proper tradition.

Its an interesting idea. I think some kind of cap needs to be in place, things are just getting out of hand. I can't see the FA actually having the balls to implement something like this though

Its an interesting idea. I think some kind of cap needs to be in place, things are just getting out of hand. I can't see the FA actually having the balls to implement something like this though

No chance, the more money in the Premier League the more 'backhanders', bonuses etc the FA get. Plus, big money signings is a great marketing tool for the English FA.

Well I think they may have to or the Premiership will loose its feel. They are looking to introduce the 5 English players why not this? Either that or allow all the teams to be owned by billionaires! Imagine that one!? Im joking obviously.

Realistically though what stops these billionaires from taking over a club and doing what Chelsea have? Some teams have now become financial investments, not professional football clubs. I reckon 70M per season should be fair. It would bring a different aspect to the transfer window. Do you use most of your budget on a star player? Do you spread it out? It would stop teams from going from 0 to hero in one season, atleast taking a few seasons before they get the world class players and stopping these billionaires using the clubs as play toys.

The best way to curb the money spiral, is by limiting the amount of foreigners in each club, For instance for every foreigner on the books they must have an English player.

The rule thats been mentioned is the 6+5, 6 foreigners and 5 english in the team, but that should be broadened to include the squad and transfers, if a club buys two foreigners they must buy two english next time, this would stop some of the money disappearing from the English league, and would benefit the lower clubs who dont recieve any transfer fees because everybody is buying from abroad. Producing good young players and selling them on is their lifeline.

Over the last 10 years since the premier really got a stronghold for foreigners, an average of 3 teams a year have gone out of the football league, one or two have made it back in but its getting worse, half of the bottom two leagues will go into liquidation in the next five years. the FA are so blinded by the amount of cash they are getting that they are not bothered about those lower clubs.

It will blow up in their faces if something Drastic is not done soon, how long before another oil group member becomes a chairman of a club and battles for the same players that Man City want. That will push the transfer fees and wages above and beyond the already obscene amounts thats being offered and paid.

But English players are so over-rated its a double edged sword. At the time of Henry moving to Barcelona, Bent went to Tottenham for either the same price or a bit more! At the end of the day I come to see the club compete, doesn't matter where there from or where they have been. I just want to be entertained. The reason managers go abroad is value for money. You can either buy 1 English player or possibly 3 foreign players.

While on paper the British rule sounds good, I think it might bring the standard of football down. If you limit yourself to having half the team only British then you miss out on all the talent that could be out there. As I said before im an Arsenal fan primarily and I often get jip from people saying we have few English in our squad. It really doesn't bother me. Arsenal play some of the best football in the world when they are at their best and its testiment to them that they can get so many different nationalities to play fluent, attacking and stylish football. We dont go out buying 30M players, we remain shrew in the market. Ferdinand for 30M or Toure for like 500k. They are both WC defenders.

My only argument is that we need to put some sort of cap on the transfer funds to stop Man City buying half the worlds best players. They do such things in American football and it stops clubs from being too far overpowered and keeps their league interesting.

But its too late for that Nuno where do you put the cap.. ??? Todays spendings at Chelsea, Man UTD and Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal is far too high for the rest of the league to reach, so will the Prem cut the spending of the top 4 in half so the rest of us are on an equal standing, No chance.

And i dont go along with your argument about foreigners being better than English, we didnt have any foreigners in the Sixties when some of the best football ever seen was played, its not proper football these days its a lot of overpaid prima donna dancing queens :gay: who fall over as soon as somebody comes near them, lets get back to the English game played by men.

The only reason why your very logical and sensible idea is never going to happen is that the FA are getting filthy rich off these massive transfers and investors. There a bunch of selfish bastards.

But its too late for that Nuno where do you put the cap.. ??? Todays spendings at Chelsea, Man UTD and Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal is far too high for the rest of the league to reach, so will the Prem cut the spending of the top 4 in half so the rest of us are on an equal standing, No chance.

And i dont go along with your argument about foreigners being better than English, we didnt have any foreigners in the Sixties when some of the best football ever seen was played, its not proper football these days its a lot of overpaid prima donna dancing queens :gay: who fall over as soon as somebody comes near them, lets get back to the English game played by men.

I didnt actually say that im just saying, hypothetically why would Everton pay 15M for an English defender when they have the opportunity to buy one for probably a third that price. English players are in the league but they are usually brought through the youth system. The only benefit I see with English players is during derby's. I think they understand the rivalry more.

That would be the question to ask, with regards to when the cap would be placed. Wherever you put it it will obviously cause come problems but in the long run I think it would help to restore some order to the Premiership. Since Man City were taken over they went crazy with bids & stole Robinho and also tried to steal Berbatov.

I wouldn't exactly say that the Premiership is now full of panzies but yeah football has evolved, you cant get away with pulling someones shirt no more, you cant put your hands on someone while jumping up to head the ball and neither can you challenge the GK fairly. There are certain players who do take advantage ...Ronaldo..ahem... but then its nice to see Ireland or Fabregas flatten him fairly! The referee's dont help though. They are too lenient with the players.

I think in the end we all agree that something really needs to be done, but will it? Id like to think eventually yes...

I would like to thank the press and other fans for putting things into perspective for me over the last couple of days. As a Manchester City fan, I unwittingly found myself getting rather giddy and excited. But now I realise that my football club has caused the death of football in this country as we know it.

Everything was fine before Monday. Manchester United hadn't whored themselves round the world to make money, bought player after player for huge amounts of money, kidnapped players without the selling club's permission then paid them hush money. Chelsea haven't tried to buy players for huge sums of money either, like Robinho, Kaka, Shevchenko. The G14 group is an honourable organisation that does loads of charity work and in no way is it a cartel set up to protect the interests of its members and make the rich even richer, at the expense of everyone else.

UEFA would never turn the European Cup, sorry, Champions League, into a money-making exercise, making it harder for less established clubs to ever compete on a level playing field. They would never add group stages, let teams who failed drop into the UEFA Cup, or let teams like Liverpool in even when they hadn't qualified, at the expense of a 'lesser' country's team. They would never keep the front rows of European games empty just so they could have bigger advertising hoardings and rake more money in.

Real Madrid haven't really been bailed out by their government, Italian clubs have never to my knowledge bribed referees and officials.

And I am sure that if Chelsea had actually signed Kaka for £70m over the summer, or Real Madrid has signed Ronaldo for £90m, then there would have course have been an outcry at them ruining our beautiful and pure sport.

So shame on you Manchester City. How dare you try and compete with the 'Big Four'. I hope you're proud of yourself. You have just killed football.

It's funny before City had the audacity to be taken over by a rich consortium, everything was just fine and dandy, what surprises me is that a lot of the whinging is done by fans of teams that could be said to be on the same level, I know exactly what it is it's jealousy pure and simple, the big 4 I can understand as they including Chelsea are indebted to their eyeballs, and loss of that place would mean almost certain financial oblivion.

There will be no salary caps why should there be just because a new kid on the block arrives, anyway it does not work in the US they just use other incentives.

Sorry we got took over and want to go places, I guess we should have told the investors where to go

Edited by Ducado

Well said mate we are not blaming the fans or the clubs, after all the clubs are businesses and businesses have always been involved in take-overs. Part of it is down to jealosy cos most of us have been crying out for a rich billionaire to take us over, but mostly its down to the prem who do sweet fook all and let the clubs run the League themselves to do just what they like, they are quite content to sit back and get rich and fat on the Backhanders that i'm sure come their way for turning the occasional blind eye. ;)

Cheers for the civil reply, City will not be bidding for all those players (although they have the money) it was just a shot across the bow, if you read the press release you can see he was actually taking the piss out of United, I am sure in a year or so they will be going for some of the best in Europe (Messi etc) and why not, it will be just the same, except the players the so called big 4 target we will target them as well and out bid them in most cases.

I wish you look in the coming season, cheer up though things are never as bad as they are in Newcastle :rolleyes:

Where did I say that Man City were the death of football? All I said was we need to stop these billionaires using professional football clubs as their play toys. You think he gives a fuck about Man City? He bid for Arsenal, Liverpool and another team before settling on your club.

Of the big 4 only Arsenal remain in control of their club. They have frozen any advances to 2011(?) I believe. Im sure on some level some people are indeed a little envyous of you. Clubs like West Ham have gone through alot and would love to be in the position. Were talking about the fact that it seems any billionaire can now come in and just take complete control of a club without any knowledge of football or the tradition of the club. You think Liverpool, Newcastle & Man Utd are happy about being taken over?

The fact that no one cried about Chelsea spending the cash is we all know eventually Abramovic is going to decide its time to leave. If he does that Chelsea will be in major poo poo land. They would struggle to pay off all debts, wages and fees, a Leeds Utd as I like to call it.

You must have missed the entire previous posts meaning. Are other clubs jelous of Man City? Obviously. Is the Premiership getting out of hand with so many clubs being bought out by businessmen? Absolutly.

I didnt actually say that im just saying, hypothetically why would Everton pay 15M for an English defender when they have the opportunity to buy one for probably a third that price. English players are in the league but they are usually brought through the youth system. The only benefit I see with English players is during derby's. I think they understand the rivalry more.

That would be the question to ask, with regards to when the cap would be placed. Wherever you put it it will obviously cause come problems but in the long run I think it would help to restore some order to the Premiership. Since Man City were taken over they went crazy with bids & stole Robinho and also tried to steal Berbatov.

I wouldn't exactly say that the Premiership is now full of panzies but yeah football has evolved, you cant get away with pulling someones shirt no more, you cant put your hands on someone while jumping up to head the ball and neither can you challenge the GK fairly. There are certain players who do take advantage ...Ronaldo..ahem... but then its nice to see Ireland or Fabregas flatten him fairly! The referee's dont help though. They are too lenient with the players.

I think in the end we all agree that something really needs to be done, but will it? Id like to think eventually yes...

This is not a localized thing. While our leagues are very different from yours, in terms of money involved, much the same happens here. lower league teams are pretty much always on the verge of dying, and even some premier league teams too.

we do have a minimum of portuguese players on the squad, but that's just way too low nowadays, and like u said, why pay double or triple for a portuguese player when u can pay half for a brazilian?? and we have it easier, since we have special clauses with regards to people from portuguese speaking contries, like brasil, angola, etc.

The ONLY way for a club to survive on it's own, and NOT depend on luck in terms of buying cheap and selling big (like porto did with deco, quaresma, ricardo carvalho, bosingwa, pedro mendes) is to invest seriously in formation. The only club here that does that in a significant fashion is sporting. Just to give an idea, of the 24 players SCP submited for the uefa CL, 8 are home grown. that's more than both porto and benfica together. we have 6 nice players with a good potential for progression on loan to other league teams, so that they can get experience, and we have another 6 that came out of the junior squad last year that have nice potential as well.

We buy foreigners, of course, izmailov, romagnoli, liedson, polga, we have many foreigners too, but they're good, and they were either cheap or worth what we payed them (in my oppinion, of course).

But this wasn't built overnight. sporting always had a knack for creating star players, but our investment in it began about 8-10 years ago, and after a couple of years, started to produce talent in reasonable quantity.

The american example for their wage caps and transfer funds is a good idea, but remember that their leagues are organized BY THE OWNERS. an attempt to impose something like that now would never work. a raise on the number of english players would be a nice plan, but that would just inflate the prices on british players.

My take on it is to enforce a minimum of HOMEGROWN players in the squad. either then that, i don't see how a curb could be put into this...

Oh, and just a side note: It's interesting to note that, despite the fact sporting didn't sell a single player this season, we made about €2M, because of the EUFA clause that the formation clubs get certain percentages off future transfers. we got money off quaresma, danny and carlos martins, so it's nice to know that, even after they're long gone, we still get payed for training them in the 1st place :D

You are thinking of DIC who are after Liverpool entirely different group, they looked at Arsenal and Newcastle but did not bid or make enquiries, as for giving a fuck about City (they there is no single person apart from the nominated member) of course they do, they have not brought the club to make money they have brought it to bring prestige for themselves.

I do realise that much of the talk is envy and in a while it will die down, but some of the crap that has been written this week is beyond belief, it's like the other big clubs have not been doing it for years

Yep I agree its total shock in the Premiership and will die down. I wasnt thinking of the wrong group though, I watched a press conference and the spokesman of the family said they looked into putting bids in for the other teams. Honestly now do you believe that they will stay around for the long term though? You said it yourself, they are only in it to get prestige for themselves. Do they really care about Man City like a fan would? BTW whats going to happen to Hughesy? I hope he can do the job but I reckon they have it all planned out on who will replace him unless he can put Man City in the top 4 by then end of the season.

Yep I agree its total shock in the Premiership and will die down. I wasnt thinking of the wrong group though, I watched a press conference and the spokesman of the family said they looked into putting bids in for the other teams. Honestly now do you believe that they will stay around for the long term though? You said it yourself, they are only in it to get prestige for themselves. Do they really care about Man City like a fan would? BTW whats going to happen to Hughesy? I hope he can do the job but I reckon they have it all planned out on who will replace him unless he can put Man City in the top 4 by then end of the season.

Arsenal and Newcastle were looked at and they gave their reasons for rejecting them over City, are they in for the long term who knows, if Hughes performs he will stay simple as really, lot of nonsense has been written this week, I guess when the season kicks off again they will make up more guff,

A very carefully constructed and well thought out exercise in irony Ducado, I wonder why you feel the need to post it on here? And how many other forums have you put it on?

Classic psychological reaction, you're feeling so uncomfortable with it that you need to go and tell everyone (even complete strangers) how happy you are B) .

Just hope that (as I posted elsewhere) that you can afford to keep going to games when "Abu Dhabi United" (how did it feel to see a City shirt with "United" on it last week btw :o ?) relocate to downtown أبو ظبي‎ in ten years time.

It'll end in tears I tell ya, enjoy it while you can :) .

A very carefully constructed and well thought out exercise in irony Ducado, I wonder why you feel the need to post it on here? And how many other forums have you put it on?

Classic psychological reaction, you're feeling so uncomfortable with it that you need to go and tell everyone (even complete strangers) how happy you are B) .

Just hope that (as I posted elsewhere) that you can afford to keep going to games when "Abu Dhabi United" (how did it feel to see a City shirt with "United" on it last week btw :o ?) relocate to downtown أبو ظبي‎ in ten years time.

It'll end in tears I tell ya, enjoy it while you can :) .

Ha, I have been browsing this forum for a bit and it is a topic about City thought you might like to here a City fans perspective, I don't feel uncomfortable with it to be honest, it's unfamiliar and it's not really sunk in yet, go to any City forums and the Giddiness is off the Richter scale

Ha, I have been browsing this forum for a bit and it is a topic about City thought you might like to here a City fans perspective, I don't feel uncomfortable with it to be honest, it's unfamiliar and it's not really sunk in yet, go to any City forums and the Giddiness is off the Richter scale

well, giddiness is nice and well, but remember that throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it. look at chelsea. how long was abrahmovic in chelsea before they won titles? and it's even money they can win again. scolari is a good coach, but, imo, if ronaldo plays another season like last one, mu will take it again. mourinho said it, when he joined chelsea: star players don't make a winning team, hard working players do.