IGNORED

Something You Can't Explain? - The Paranormal Thread

dark

I had just watched Vacancy and went on imdb to check a few things out, when a thread in the forums section had some pretty interesting scary stories. Found Here

I thought it would interesting to learn if anything scary or even 'paranormal' has happened to you ever? On that forum they talk about people following them, or creepy hotels they've stayed in. Or even people breaking into their houses. ATM I can't think of one of my own experiences, but i'm sure i'll be able to come up with something later.

So, has anything like this ever happened to you?

I had just watched Vacancy and went on imdb to check a few things out, when a thread in the forums section had some pretty interesting scary stories. Found Here

I thought it would interesting to learn if anything scary or even 'paranormal' has happened to you ever? On that forum they talk about people following them, or creepy hotels they've stayed in. Or even people breaking into their houses. ATM I can't think of one of my own experiences, but i'm sure i'll be able to come up with something later.

So, has anything like this ever happened to you?

Many years ago I was convalescing at Arrowe Hall which was then a NHS home. Its a very old building with oak paneled walls and a oak straw way leading to a balcony that allowed you to look down at the floor below from the first dormitory's. I had suffered a burst appendix which could easily have killed me in those days and I had drains coming out the side of my body. At night I was allowed use the toilet which was situated over the other side of the balcony.

It was about two in the morning when I came out of our dormitory and looked down at the stair way that rose up to the landing opposite to where I stood. I watched a pillar of smoke/steam glowing rise up the stairs and move across the balcony opposite and disappear through a paneled wall. The next thing I knew was the night nurse coming up and asking if I was OK, she asked if I had seen the ghost. In all honesty I can't say that I saw a ghost, I say a pillar/column of some vapour like substance, it had no discernible form. Was I afraid, no, has a ghost ever hurt anyone apart from a Hollywood crap story.

By the way Most Haunted is the biggest load of junk on the box, scream scream and scream again some will believe, its hilarious

By the way Most Haunted is the biggest load of junk on the box, scream scream and scream again some will believe, its hilarious

:lol:

This was a weird thing that happened to me a while back. I was out with a couple of my friends (about March 2008) on this patch of deserted woodland. We were walking through the trees in this wood messing around and having a laugh until we got onto the subject of the Blair Witch Project. We started to try and freak each other out by yelling every now and then and just being random.

But when we got out of the woodland and back onto a patch of grass which sat beside a road everyone walked off a bit quicker and kinda’ split up, it was just me and my friend talking together until she looked behind her and grabbed my arm. I looked back and saw this random man staring at us. He was stood behind some of the trees but he wasn’t hiding from us. He was stood behind all the leaves and tree’s watching us. He never moved, as if he was paralyzed looking straight at us. We looked at each other and started to walk quicker. We told the rest of the people we were out with to look at him but when we turned he had gone.

The next day we were walking past this abandoned house that is on this active estate. The house hadn’t been touched for years as the grass was up to our knees and the door was wearing away, one kick and it would easily fall down. We looked through the window which was open and looked into the living room. It was empty, but for some reason there was an armchair. For no reason whatsoever, the whole room was empty bar a fireplace and this weird chair. The house was known for being abandoned and it was weird to see this chair. Me and my mate who I was with just laughed and headed back onto the pavement. We had a football with us and I passed it just a little to hard making it go in the road. My mate ran and got it meaning he was at the end of the road and I was at the entrance to the house (in front of the gate) I looked up at the top windows and I could swear that I saw the man from the day before. I glanced up and he was there but when I looked harder he had gone. I know you can imagine things but this was too realistic. It was weird. Totally, I’ve never looked back in that Living-Room because that house creeps me out. I haven’t seen the guy since but I could swear that he was there again. When I saw my friend (who I had seen him in the woods with) she said that she had seen him too next to the small lake that is behind her house, she said she looked out of her window when she was doing her hair and saw him stood on the side of the river staring at her, she ducked in fear from him and looked up again a few seconds later but he had gone. This just made it all the weirder. I’m unsure whether I believe in all the paranormal theories but this guy was just creepy.

• 1 month later...

Agree with Bill on that one ;)

Some of the Wiki writings are quite interesting, if you believe them.

This is a list of the most famous haunted locations in England, there are likely to be hundreds of thousands more that are only locally known.

Bochym Manor is resident to two ghosts, the short pink lady,[28] and an unnamed ghost who stands at one of the bedroom windows. Belgrave Hall in Leicester, attracted attention in 1999 when a white figure was captured on CCTV. One theory is it is the daughter of a former owner.[29]

50 Berkeley Square is reputed to be the most haunted house in London.[30][31]

Blue Bell Hill in Kent, specifically the A229. This has been the site of a female phantom hitchhiker. Cars have stopped to pick up a female hitchhiker, only for her to vanish to the drivers' disbelief[3].

Bomere Pool near the village of Bayston Hill is the location of Shropshire's oldest ghost: a Roman soldier who searches for his lost true love on Easter Day.

Borley Rectory in the village of Borley, Essex, England. Many sightings have been reported since 1885. The house burned down in 1939, and remains a huge source of controversy.[32]

Brislington, once an attractive Somerset village but now a neighbourhood in Bristol, has many ghosts in pubs and hotels, houses old and new, and public spaces.[33]

Bruce Castle in Tottenham, North London is haunted by the ghost of a woman who allegedly appears every 3rd November. The ghost is thought to be Lady Coleraine, who was kept locked in a chamber within the castle by her husband.[31]

Chillingham Castle, a castle located in Northumbria, England. It has suffered 800 years of torture and dismay. Many ghosts have been seen in the supposed most haunted place in England.[citation needed]

Chingle Hall in the village of Goosnargh, near Preston, England. Chingle Hall, previously known as Singleton Hall, was built in 1260 by Sir Adam de Singleton. It is reputably haunted by more than one spirit.[34]

Crowley Hall in the north of England, is supposedly haunted by the spirit of Dr. Bernard Leys. Leys ran the hall for a number of years before dying under mysterious circumstances in 1952. Sightings of ghosts have been reported since the 1970s.[35]

The ancient maritime town of Dartmouth, Devon, has many modern and traditional ghost stories including (in its hinterland) some recently discovered spirits from the Bronze Age. [36]

In Dorset an axe wielding ghost riding a horse bareback is described by witnesses as looking like a stone age warrior.[37]

Hampton Court Palace, home of King Henry VIII of England, whose fifth wife, Catherine Howard, is supposed to be heard screaming in the "Haunted Gallery". On December 21, 2003, CCTV footage allegedly showed someone in 16th century clothes and no face closing a fire door that, though locked, was constantly being opened without anyone near it.[38]

Highgate Cemetery, an extensive Victorian cemetery in London, the resting place of such notables as Marxist Karl Marx and actor Sir Ralph Richardson is reported to be haunted by numerous ghosts - a ghostly old woman has been seen wondering the graves, also spiritual faces have been seen staring from the gates to the cemetery.[citation needed] Most famously however there was a vampire scare in the late 1960s/early 1970s - see Highgate Vampire.

Minsden Chapel in Hertfordshire is reported to be haunted by a monk climbing stairs which no longer exist.[39][40]

The Old Bailey, London's main criminal court. A figure (of unclear sex) supposedly appears in the building during important trials. These appearances have been allegedly witnessed by judges, barristers and policemen.[41]

Pluckley in Kent is listed in the 1998 edition of the Guinness Book of Records as the most haunted village in England. Ghosts include a phantom coach and horses, a colonel and a highwayman.[42]

The Brown Lady of Raynham Hall has been sighted quite a few times over the years. She is so called because of the brown brocade dress she is supposedly seen wearing while wandering the halls and staircase. In 1849 a Major Loftus and a friend named Hawkins claimed to see the ghost one night after retiring to bed, saying they were amazed by the old-fashioned clothing she wore. The next night Loftus claimed to see the figure once again, saying he took note of her empty eye-sockets. The incident resulted in several members of staff resigning and a full investigation of Raynham Hall involving local detectives.[43][43]

Samlesbury Hall in Preston, Lancashire, is supposedly haunted by Lady Dorothy Southworth, known as the "White Lady". Weeping is often heard, and her ghost has been seen wandering near where her lover was buried.[44]

* Temple Newsam is reported to be the most haunted house in Yorkshire, with the most famous ghost being Mary Ingram, commonly known as "the Blue lady", who in her life became deranged after an attack by highwaymen. Ghosts linked with the more famous residents of Temple Newsam include "the White lady": this is said to be the ghost of the "nine days queen", the unfortunate Lady Jane Grey. She was executed by Mary I.[45][46]

* Windsor Castle — home of English and British royalty for 1,000 years. Numerous ghosts are supposed to have been seen, including Queen Elizabeth I. Her mother, Anne Boleyn, is also said to haunt Windsor castle and supposedly runs down a corridor screaming. Among those who claimed to have seen the ghost, who sometimes is said to be carrying her head, are King George VI, William Ewart Gladstone and Andrew, Duke of York

That fella must have very long arms if he video'd it on his Mobile, that camera is about ten feet away from them. :lol: :lol:

And you dont get Mobiles Zooming in on the tattoos like that one.

Thats a load of rubbish if you ask me Louis. ;)

It was a fake video - I didn't say it wasn't :)

August 1981 I was on holiday in South Devon and visited Burgh Island several times (great pub called The Pilchard on it).

Short time after I got home my mother phoned me to say she'd been contacted out of the blue by my Godfather, who I'd not seen since we moved house (in Uxbridge, Middx) when I was two years old.....she'd asked where he was living now and he'd said "Burgh Island!"

"That's a coincidence" said my mum, "Mike's just been down there on holiday."

"I know," said the Godfather, "that's what made me contact you."

"How did you recognise him?" asked mum, "You've not seen him since he was a baby."

"I didn't, my mother told me."

"How did she recognise him?" asked my confused parent.

"She didn't, she doesn't live here, but she phoned and told me my Godson was on the island.....she's psychic."

That's the truth.....I went down again a while later and met up with him....top bloke. Can't explain it, neither could he.

August 1981 I was on holiday in South Devon and visited Burgh Island several times (great pub called The Pilchard on it).

Short time after I got home my mother phoned me to say she'd been contacted out of the blue by my Godfather, who I'd not seen since we moved house (in Uxbridge, Middx) when I was two years old.....she'd asked where he was living now and he'd said "Burgh Island!"

"That's a coincidence" said my mum, "Mike's just been down there on holiday."

"I know," said the Godfather, "that's what made me contact you."

"How did you recognise him?" asked mum, "You've not seen him since he was a baby."

"I didn't, my mother told me."

"How did she recognise him?" asked my confused parent.

"She didn't, she doesn't live here, but she phoned and told me my Godson was on the island.....she's psychic."

That's the truth.....I went down again a while later and met up with him....top bloke. Can't explain it, neither could he.

Thats a bit mental

I'd say strangest thing that i cant explain is my Mum used to go and see a clairvoyant with a few friends and have recordings done and play us the tape when she got home. Some of the things they know and say is pretty frightening to be honest, one knew that she had two children a boy and a girl and also had suffered a miscarriage before me and my sister where conceived, also said my Grandad who had past away years before had told here i had pneumonia when i was toddler which was true, Im not a big believer in the supernatural and so on but those readings do make you think.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I reckon your dad told her to keep her out of the house when the footy was on ! :)

Shay, a Dublin University student, was walking on the side of the road hitch hiking on a dark and stormy night. The rain and fog was so severe he could only see a few feet ahead of him. There were no cars in sight and Shay was beginning to panic. Suddenly, he saw headlights approaching. The car was travelling very slowly and came to a stop in front of him. Desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, Shay got into the car and closed the door. Only then did he realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn't running.

The car started moving forward slowly. Shay looked at the road ahead and knew the car was approaching a sharp curve. Scared that the car would go over the embankment, Shay started to pray for his life. Just before the car hit the curve a hand appeared through the drivers side window and turned the wheel!

Shay was paralysed with fear and terror as he watched the hand repeatedly come through the window though it never touched or harmed him. Shortly thereafter, Shay saw the lights of a Pub ahead. Gathering all his strength, he opened the car door, jumped out, and ran towards the Pub. Soaking wet and out of breath, he rushe d inside and started telling everyone about the horrible experience he just had. A silence enveloped the Pub when everyone realized he was crying.......and wasn't drunk.

Suddenly, the Pub door opened and two other people walked in to escape the stormy night. They, like Shay, were soaking wet and out of breath. Looking around, and seeing Shay sobbing at the bar, one said to the other, 'Look Paddy, there's that idiot that got in our car while we were pushing it!!!

Ok, here is a more serious one. This one is a real stry about my family. Namely my cousin and auntie.

My aunt, uncle and cousin where living in the old family house, just outside of Croxteth. My cousin was only a small child, i think he was about 4 years old, and like alot of young children who are only child's he had an imaginary friend. He used to go into the garden everyday and would sit, play and talk with his imaginary friend almost everyday.

My aunty thought nothing of this, imaginary friends after all are perfectly normal things for children to have! However, she became slightly concerned when she was playing with him in the garden and he started to name all of the flowers... in latin... correctly. Rememebr that he was only 4 years old at this point, so you can understand that it was slightly disturbing.

A few weeks later, on a rainy day, the two sat together looking through old photo albums. She turned the page and he suddenly exclaimed "Thats him- thats my friend". She looked down and saw the photo he was looking at was of my Grandfather, who had died 10 years previously, and who had lived in the very house they where in then.. and.. he was a gardener by trade. He knew all the latin names of the flowers.

I have no idea how to explain this. Normally I would dismiss a story like this, but being from my own family I just can't explain anything about it.

Very strange.

Not surprised at that story Jamie, there's a definite connection between generations and the brain has hugely more power than any of us ever use.

I was driving over Exmoor when Josh was a baby and (I swear to God) I heard him cry....should mention he wasn't in the car with me, I was working and he was at home. It was so intense I pulled straight over and phoned the wife....she said, "Can I call you back, Josh has just fallen out of his high-chair and banged his head....."

He was screaming in the background.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

It's pretty much accepted that twins often have some sort of connection over and above the norm, definitely something in it.

Ok, here is a more serious one. This one is a real stry about my family. Namely my cousin and auntie.

My aunt, uncle and cousin where living in the old family house, just outside of Croxteth. My cousin was only a small child, i think he was about 4 years old, and like alot of young children who are only child's he had an imaginary friend. He used to go into the garden everyday and would sit, play and talk with his imaginary friend almost everyday.

My aunty thought nothing of this, imaginary friends after all are perfectly normal things for children to have! However, she became slightly concerned when she was playing with him in the garden and he started to name all of the flowers... in latin... correctly. Rememebr that he was only 4 years old at this point, so you can understand that it was slightly disturbing.

A few weeks later, on a rainy day, the two sat together looking through old photo albums. She turned the page and he suddenly exclaimed "Thats him- thats my friend". She looked down and saw the photo he was looking at was of my Grandfather, who had died 10 years previously, and who had lived in the very house they where in then.. and.. he was a gardener by trade. He knew all the latin names of the flowers.

I have no idea how to explain this. Normally I would dismiss a story like this, but being from my own family I just can't explain anything about it.

Very strange.

Not surprised at that story Jamie, there's a definite connection between generations and the brain has hugely more power than any of us ever use.

I was driving over Exmoor when Josh was a baby and (I swear to God) I heard him cry....should mention he wasn't in the car with me, I was working and he was at home. It was so intense I pulled straight over and phoned the wife....she said, "Can I call you back, Josh has just fallen out of his high-chair and banged his head....."

He was screaming in the background.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

It's pretty much accepted that twins often have some sort of connection over and above the norm, definitely something in it.

Both of those stories are kinda' freaky, but they're true. I mean they're just so believable. The human brain gets used about 20% I think. So just think if we used 80, or 90% what we would know. Maybe death isn't the end. Maybe its just a form of evolution?

I remember listening to a story from my mates girlfriend after she visited a physic. My mate brother died years ago when he was young and when my girlfriend used to stay over in the house, if she needed the bathroom in the middle of the night she would always run from the bedroom to the bathroom. When she was at the physic she was able to tell her that her boyfriends brother was there and that he loves chasing her across the hallway to the bathroom!!! must be something in it as their is no way the physic could have known about that...

My Uncles Twin Died When They Were Very Young And When My Little Cuz, My Uncles Daughter, Was About 18 Months Old She Used To Look Out The Window, Point Outside And Shout Dad When There Was Nobody Outside !

I Did Hear That Young Kids Can See Things Like This

Not Sure If She Was Able To See My Uncles Twin :wacko:

I remember listening to a story from my mates girlfriend after she visited a physic. My mate brother died years ago when he was young and when my girlfriend used to stay over in the house, if she needed the bathroom in the middle of the night she would always run from the bedroom to the bathroom. When she was at the physic she was able to tell her that her boyfriends brother was there and that he loves chasing her across the hallway to the bathroom!!! must be something in it as their is no way the physic could have known about that...

That's weird :huh:

My Uncles Twin Died When They Were Very Young And When My Little Cuz, My Uncles Daughter, Was About 18 Months Old She Used To Look Out The Window, Point Outside And Shout Dad When There Was Nobody Outside !

I Did Hear That Young Kids Can See Things Like This

Not Sure If She Was Able To See My Uncles Twin :wacko:

They do say that small children can be born with a supernatural sense to see things. People have said that thier son/daughter had seen something from a young age until they started to really grow up. Sometimes imaginary friends are really people. Adult's just can't see them.

Just wondering, thinking about how Halloween fell on Friday 13th how all those people that are scared of it stay at home. Weird. I remember getting on a plane on Friday 13th and having the plane nearly to ourselves. There was about 10 people in our section that had boarded, all the other seats were empty. When we asked what was going on they said 'It's Friday 13th, we always get empty planes' and then we knew.

There are conflicting studies about the risk of accidents on Friday the 13th. The Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics (CVS) on June 12, 2008, stated that "fewer accidents and reports of fire and theft occur when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday than on other Fridays, because people are preventatively more careful or just stay home; but statistically speaking, driving is a little bit safer on Friday 13th; in the last two years, Dutch insurers received reports of an average 7,800 traffic accidents each Friday; but the average figure when the 13th fell on a Friday was just 7,500. However, a 1993 study in the British Medical Journal that compared the ratio of traffic accidents between Friday the 6th and Friday the 13th, stated that there is a significant increase in traffic-related accidents on Fridays the 13th.

Does anyone find it strange to be afraid of a date?

Edited by dark

• 2 months later...

Here's one....just happened. Not paranormal but outrageous coincidence.

I'm looking at buying a log cabin for the garden. We need more space so the plan is for me to relocate my office down there, put in a sofabed so it can be an emergency spare room, get it properly wired up and nicely insulated....gonna be great. Scouting around for prices of the one we've pretty much decided on (Tesco's £125 over-priced Martyn....sort it out will you mate!).

Anyway....this morning I put down two tape measures in the front room to represent the exact size so we could check it was big enough and to decide where everything would go.

Moving bits around when the phone rang. Picked it up and a woman said,

"Xyz (can't remember the name) cabins here, you phoned about one of our products."

"Er...no I didn't" said I, slightly taken aback.

"Is that so-and-so pre-school?" she said, "01886 827414."

"No," I said, "this is 01886 827412 (not the real numbers)."

How weird is that? I told the woman what I was doing and she's putting a catalogue in the post :lol: .

Coincidence? Fate? Paranormal?

I truly am the Messiah :angel: . Oh wait a minute...that's Taxi....he can make it so Everton never lose again in the history of the world. I'll just be the Messiah's mate B) .

I used to live in a town called Horley, near Gatwick and i lived next to my best friend. So our gardens were seperated only by a wire fence, our houses were attached etc. Anyway, one comment that people used to make was about how the gardens on our road have hardly any wildlife visit the gardens, (i think we had squirrels on a handful occasions, but that was only usualy the single squirrel).

A few years down the line, we heard one day that my best mates Grandad had died, sometime in the morning from a bad heart and then later on that same night his Grandma also died (probably of a broken heart). Some say nothing out of the ordinary but...

since that day, no word of a lie, two squirrels started turning up in his garden. Sometimes they would just sit at the end of the garden on the wooden fence for hours, just watching, never disturbed by us or anyone else. They always waited for food in the mornings and would hang around till dark. And for a graden that never got wildlife, to then having two squirrels on a daily basis, just days after the grand parents passed away, is pretty weird.

The squirrels still came, right up until the day they moved. The family are certain it was actually the grand parents in another life and to this day still talk about the freaky coincedence, if there was any!?

The most interesting part of the whole thing, the grandma, weeks before she passed, sat me, my friend and his brother down in the front room to tell us a story about animals (can't remeber exactly, i'll ask him) and aftwards she asked us what our favourite animals in the story were, i said Hedghog, my mate said a bird (you get the idea)...but freakishly enough she said a Squirrel. because Squirrels were her favourite wild animal and how much she'd like to watch them in her own garden...

Messed up eh...still freaks me out :mellow:

Happened to me yesterday.

I rang the hospital at 9 am to tell them i couldnt make the next appointment and had to leave my name and number on a answerphone, at 1.30 im sitting down with a sandwich for lunch and i said to Mrs bill, its a bloody good job i'm not dying they must have had the message by now, and just as i said it the hospital rang with a new appointment.

Coincidence or Telepathy. ?? :)

This thread has lived for a while :lol::lol::lol:

My sister told me about a vision my mum had when I was a toddler. It was a stormy night, we were living in Rock Ferry at the time and my dad was working as an engineer on a Mersey dredger. It seems that my mum was woken in the night partly by a howling gale and partly by what she later described as my dad shouting for help. Mum look outside into the dimly lit street to see no houses or anything else apart from stormy water with dad swimming for his life. It transpired that at the time mum saw this vision my dad had been swept off the deck of his dredger out at the bar lightship, the sea was that wild he got washed straight back on to the deck and survived............................strange but true B)

Did anyone watch last weeks Most Haunted from Liverpool, it was hilarious, it seems the devil lives under St Georges Hall :lol::lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

• 4 weeks later...