IGNORED

The Future Is A Little Brighter?!

rowlo-efc

Okay, I was one of many blues (no doubt) who sat up last night and watched the repeated story of Robinho and the repeated pictures of Berbatov at Old trafford on Sky Sports news. Boring it was but I couldn't drag myself off the couch until the clock had counted down to zero in the shear hope that Everton maight have been mentioned.

We were actually mentioned less (other than to say we had signed Saha) then Newcastle, who frankly, were all tucked up in bed by 8pm.

Disappointed, I finally poured my last coffee and took myself to bed. Saha...injury prone, Nash...second rate keeper from Wigan. Not a happy chappy.

Then this morning came and I was listening to citytalk and caught the back end of 'Everton club record'...what? for Saha? I thought because we couldn't possibly have signed anybody else...

Then I tuned in to talk sport where it was confirmed...a young lad from standard liege - a team that almost destroyed the shite (lets face it, if they hadn't of qualified they'd be in more shit than us financially). I checked the web...confirmed. Awesome...something to be happy about at Everton.

I haven't really got much more to say other than, a few good signings (Saha will play as much as Johnson did and cost ous a lot less...), come on Pienaar and Cahill and Hibbert...lest see what happens from here.

My personal opinion is to get to the group stages of UEFA and then that's it...we haven't got the depth and we will need real time and energy devoted to the league position.

Don't know what you guys think but I'm much more optimistic now.

SO LETS SING (BECAUSE WE DIDN'T AGAINST PORTSMOUTH) AND GET THE LADS GOING!

Ideal team...(apart from UEFA cup where the new lad is cup tied)...

................................Howard...................................

Hibbert....Yobo.................Jagielka........Lescott

......................Feliani (Or however you spell it).....

Arteta...............cahill.............Pienaar

...............YAK...................

..............................Saha....................

Subs...Hibbert, Baines, Rodwell, Valente, Nash, Jacobsen, Castillo,

We could go 4-5-1 with Castillo, Baines or Rodwell when needed. ( I would have baines at left midfield though...he's lost his wingback pace).

HE IS 100% CUP TIED UNTIL THE NEXT PLAYER REGISTRATION IN FEB...HE PLAYED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...IF YOU REMEMBER THAT WAS WHAT ENDED THE BARRY SAGA...WHNE HE PLAYED IN THE UEFA CUP FOR VILLA A FEW WEEKS BACK...

and for info, its against UEFA rules to have a 'gentlemans agreement' over a player playing .... we got in trouble (nearly) for that with Tim Howard after we had signed him from his loan...

So i ask my question again ......... Have the squad names already been submitted to eufa even tho we havent yet played.

Can't have been...otherwise Saha, Nash, Castillo & Jacobsen wouldn't be eligable either, and that isn't the case.

Having checked UEFA...

List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:

a. 8 July 2008 (24.00 CET): for all matches in the first qualifying round;

b. 4 August 2008 (24.00 CET): for all matches in the second qualifying

round;

c. 1 September 2008 (24.00 CET): for all matches from the first round.

...so it had to go in yesterday (1.00am today to be exact) :) .

names aren't in the pot but he is cup tied (see official EFC website FFS).

Barry was cup tied when he played in the qualifyer for Villa - hence the shite turning their noses up at him.

The simple fact is, he has played in a UEFA competition and is therefore cuptied. He now can't play until End of Jan/Start Feb when the knock out stages begin.