IGNORED

Cahill Back To Full Training

yep we've missed him big time, can't wait until he's back. Having Cahill and Felliani in the team will give the whole place such a lift, plus it will make us so much more of a threat, no one will look forward to playing us from now on! If our squad can stay relatively injury free from hereon in then I think we could have another superb season. Roll on Stoke.

If Fellaini and Castillo are the box to box players we hope they are he might not get in the 1st 11. I'd much prefer Pienaar and Arteta out wide, and Osman coming in for the 5th midfielder in a 4-5-1, Osman and Cahill dropping out for a 4-4-2.

IMO it all depends how good or bad Castillo is. :) We have players now who could be left out without seriously weakening the team.

Having said that it is pleasing to see him getting back to fitness.

If Fellaini and Castillo are the box to box players we hope they are he might not get in the 1st 11. I'd much prefer Pienaar and Arteta out wide, and Osman coming in for the 5th midfielder in a 4-5-1, Osman and Cahill dropping out for a 4-4-2.

IMO it all depends how good or bad Castillo is. :)

Felliani has scored about 8 goals in 80 games, he's never going to be the goalscorer Cahill is. In a 442 then those midfield places are up for grabs, in a 451 it's a question of who will be playing alongside Cahill in the midfield - he's the best player in our team in a 451 and will be for the forseeable future. I like Osman, but no way is he better playing the second striker role. If Castillo is any good then he will be in the sitting DM role, Felliani will be alongside Cahill as the all round player to Cahill's supporting the striker position and then it's a question of Pienaar/Osman and Arteta on the wings. Osman can step into the middle if players are underperforming, but Cahill is just brilliant in a 451, how can you even contemplate leaving him out, our 451 is built around him and doesn't function without him?!

I know how highly you regard Cahill Carl and not disputing he is good in our 4-5-1 system, but we have two extra players now and as i said it depends how good Castillo is, he might turn out to be a better all round performer than Cahill or Osman, Felliani has been playing the defensive mid position but can also get up to support the attack, so it might be that Castillo could be played in a more forward position (cahills position). But as i said, i havent a clue how he plays so we will have to wait and see.

I know how highly you regard Cahill Carl and not disputing he is good in our 4-5-1 system, but we have two extra players now and as i said it depends how good Castillo is, he might turn out to be a better all round performer than Cahill or Osman, Felliani has been playing the defensive mid position but can also get up to support the attack, so it might be that Castillo could be played in a more forward position. But as i said, i havent a clue how he plays so we will have to wait and see.

To be honest it will be good just to have options... in comparison to now where we only have defenders

To be honest it will be good just to have options... in comparison to now where we only have defenders

as long as Jags never has to play there again I'm happy! although to be fair to the guy, he's never moaned about it and just got on with the job, looking forward to seeing him back at CB where he belongs.

I know how highly you regard Cahill Carl and not disputing he is good in our 4-5-1 system, but we have two extra players now and as i said it depends how good Castillo is, he might turn out to be a better all round performer than Cahill or Osman, Felliani has been playing the defensive mid position but can also get up to support the attack, so it might be that Castillo could be played in a more forward position (cahills position). But as i said, i havent a clue how he plays so we will have to wait and see.

I suppose, although Moyes did say in the Echo that Castillo has been brought in to play in the Carsley position whilst Felliani is the box to box player we've been missing. He said he would have liked to bring in another as well (I assume Moutinho). We'll just have to wait and see.