IGNORED

Kirkby - The Vote Round Two.

StevO

The Kirkby Project  

34 members have voted

1. 1. if the ballot was on 4th september 2008

• Yes
    • No

Im atill bit out of this move in here Finland. Whats going on? Have there beeing any kind of change in atmosphere for more negative or positive about this move? For me the Goodison park is the one and only but i cant know all the facts simply cause i havent ever been in GP!!! (my dream wich its gonna be true) But Louis seems to live in Kirkby and i thought Louis is also very hardly against move to there. any change on this with you also Louis?

Never agreed to the Kirkby vote in the first place but The shareholders voted not to alter the move and to keep the exclusive agreement with Tesco, I said at the time of the original ballot that the votes been taken and we have to live with it, i see this second unofficial vote as meaningless.

It wont alter anything unless the government dont allow the plans, if that does happen there wont be any need for a second vote.

We'll just have to live in hope. ;)

Not at all Louis, that was speculation was quoted by Tony Cottee yesterday on SSN and it fully explains why this contract hasn't been signed, do you have a logical reason why it remains inkless.

Yes - The Bic biro's have all run out and they can't afford new ones after our expensive and prolific foray in to the transfer market this summer.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. In truth, anything we say on here at the momoent is pure speculation, whether it be the Kirby move or Moyes contract and any possible link. Personally, I don't see what implication where we are playing will have on Moyes decision, unless it affects his managerial freedom and his ability to bring in new players.

I agree that the second ballot is a waste of time, it's unofficial and just seems to me like a poor attempt to give those opposed to the move an opportunity to feel they have been heard. They already know they have been heard and not listened to. You don't need tons of ballots to do that.

Not at all Louis, that was speculation was quoted by Tony Cottee yesterday on SSN and it fully explains why this contract hasn't been signed, do you have a logical reason why it remains inkless.

I think its to do with transfer funds, I think if Moyes signs a contract he'll lose leverage to get more funds out of the board.

I think its to do with transfer funds, I think if Moyes signs a contract he'll lose leverage to get more funds out of the board.

So therefore he will never sign a contract, sorry mate you have to be wrong. As Cottee speculated, Moyes is ambitious, he is basically happy at Goodison but wants the club to match his ambition and to do so they must have a new ground. If it was transfer funds he'd be out of order as the board have upped our record signing fee for the last four seasons

So therefore he will never sign a contract, sorry mate you have to be wrong. As Cottee speculated, Moyes is ambitious, he is basically happy at Goodison but wants the club to match his ambition and to do so they must have a new ground. If it was transfer funds he'd be out of order as the board have upped our record signing fee for the last four seasons

He had to sell two players from an already small squad for that to happen this season though. That's not too good.

He had to sell two players from an already small squad for that to happen this season though. That's not too good.

Mark, he never HAD to sell any player mate, he chose to sell Faddy and AJ wanted away. Both players have now been replaced so it is down to the ground move mate. Not long after he arrived at the club he said that he hated large squads as team spirit became far harder to engender, I'm not saying he wouldn't like two or three more but based on last season he has that now with Rodwell, Gosling and Baxter having tasted first team action already this season

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Depends what you mean by HAD, was he forced by the board? Probably not.

Did he want to improve the squad and was told that funds were unlikely? Possibly.

Did he NEED to improve the squad? Yes. He took the action that he thought would benefit the club (selling Mcfadden and AJ)

Depends what you mean by HAD, was he forced by the board? Probably not.

Did he want to improve the squad and was told that funds were unlikely? Possibly.

Did he NEED to improve the squad? Yes. He took the action that he thought would benefit the club (selling Mcfadden and AJ)

I mean HAD, as in forced to hence you agree with me Louis :)

As funds were made available your comment has to be incorrect, there is no possible about an actual event.

That is what I have said so it takes us back as to why he hasn't signed and the only outstanding issue is the ground.

But that is business (speculate to accumulate). You are either a club with bags of money or you need to sell to buy, unfortunately we are the latter.

What I'm saying is that Moyes wasn't backed by the board this summer, he had to create the funds for himself by depleting out squad even further. Now that would piss any manager off.

Mark, he never had to sell anyone, both wanted to leave and in fact it was very good business especially AJ who remains injured

Well my opinion is that Moyes did have to sell before he bought. Maybe not Faddy but I reckon he was toldhe had to sell someone this summer in order to raise the extra funds and DM decided that selling AJ would be the least detrimental to our team. If he hadn't sold AJ then I don't believe we'd have spent a penny this summer.

I have my opinion and you have yours, that's fair enough, but don't act like yours is gospel (he never had to sell anyone) because you don't know either, it's just what you believe to be the case.

Well my opinion is that Moyes did have to sell before he bought. Maybe not Faddy but I reckon he was toldhe had to sell someone this summer in order to raise the extra funds and DM decided that selling AJ would be the least detrimental to our team. If he hadn't sold AJ then I don't believe we'd have spent a penny this summer.

I have my opinion and you have yours, that's fair enough, but don't act like yours is gospel (he never had to sell anyone) because you don't know either, it's just what you believe to be the case.

I'm sure Moyes would have said something if he had had to sell mate