IGNORED

Turner

Romey 1878

He's never going to be our number 1 and wont get anything near regular games with us. Seems a good idea, but if he just goes on loan it will just be delaying the inevitable of him leaving altogether. Not really too bothered tbh, never saw him having the potential to be our number 1 week in week out and would be cruel to keep him here against his wishes

The lads 24 years old, he's been here 5 years and has only played 6 times.

When does Davey think he will be ready.?? probably after the lad signs for somebody else.

He wants away and not just on loan, i'm not surprised.

Exactly what I've been thinking, I don't understand why we offered him a 4 or 5 year contract 12-24 months ago only for Moyes to bring in 'experienced' cover for Howard every season. What is the point of Turner and Ruddy if Moyes doesn't think they're ready by the age of 24 to even sit on the bench?

Exactly what I've been thinking, I don't understand why we offered him a 4 or 5 year contract 12-24 months ago only for Moyes to bring in 'experienced' cover for Howard every season. What is the point of Turner and Ruddy if Moyes doesn't think they're ready by the age of 24 to even sit on the bench?

Only to stop us having to get someone like Sanders Westerveld on emergancy loan if we get too many injuries at the back.

Goalkeepers typically flourish in their later years, late 20's to 30's. I think Turner is in it for the long run but obviously needs more experience.

He's crap in my opinion. Four competitive games in five bloody years!

Because we always get goalies in to push him down the ladder. Wright was on the bench for two years then Davey signs up Wessels, and now he's signed Carlo Nash.

Incidently Carlo nash was 4th place goalie at Preston before going to Wigan as third choice and never played a single game for them, his only games since Jan 07 have been on loan at Stoke where he played 6 times.

I suppose that means he is also crap, but you can afford to be crap if you only sit on the bench, Everton seem to have a fixation with goalkeepers, they seem buy them even when they dont need them, IMO Turner is good enough to sit on the bench.

Turner is good enough to sit on the bench.

I think I can say without undue modesty that I'm good enough to sit on the bench Bill B) .

The problems would begin if they ever needed me on the pitch though if I'm honest :unsure: .

I'm in the "We didn't need another keeper" camp also btw.

Because we always get goalies in to push him down the ladder. Wright was on the bench for two years then Davey signs up Wessels, and now he's signed Carlo Nash.

Incidently Carlo nash was 4th place goalie at Preston before going to Wigan as third choice and never played a single game for them, his only games since Jan 07 have been on loan at Stoke where he played 6 times.

I suppose that means he is also crap, but you can afford to be crap if you only sit on the bench, Everton seem to have a fixation with goalkeepers, they seem buy them even when they dont need them, IMO Turner is good enough to sit on the bench.

I'm with you Bill. I think we're paying out needless wages for Nash.