IGNORED

Favourite Everton Goal?

GMorrison183

To help raise some of the doom and gloom, I know we've had threads like this in the past.

Any goals that will forever be a special memory or a favorite goal in general?

McFadden's goal: how could you not be excited about that one.

I'll always remember Andy Johnson's goal against Arsenal in the 90th minute. It was the first time I had ever been to Liverpool and the first Everton game I ever attended. The atmosphere, hail just pouring down, the timing of the goal, I can't remember a stadium being so loud.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/aGha/54B9B6...nal-andy-j.aspx

As a side story, my girlfriend and I didn't know anything about the bus schedule, so after waiting 45minutes in the freezing cold with rain coming down, we ended up walking a mile or two before we finally hit a bus stop that was being serviced :D We accidently ended up at Anfield (dont know how close Goodison and Anfield is in actual distance but, we ended up there after a lengthy walk!). My girl said to me "what does you'll never walk alone mean?" before I even realized where we had ended up. Ahh the memories :P

In recent memory Osman's goal in europe last year was one of, if not the very, best team moves I have seen Everton score, the little flick back from Pienaar, the finsih by Osman, the movement of the whole squad. We played some great football in the 80's but it wouldn't be fair for me to comment on them because i've only really seen video footage.

One goal that has special memory for me was Hinchcliffe's 90th minute winner against QPR in 1994 at loftus road. It was my first away game with the away fans, it was my bithday, it was perfect.

5 to be getting on with:

vaughan début against cr. p.. just knew he'd be there and then a top player

victor at kharvi, saved me from throwing the towel in forever after 25 hours on a coach from poland

ossie's/the teams in uefa

arteta v villereal.. we had them and uefa/collina knew it

ferguson v utd, which secured cl... never so loud.

5 to be getting on with:

vaughan début against cr. p.. just knew he'd be there and then a top playervictor at kharvi, saved me from throwing the towel in forever after 25 hours on a coach from poland

ossie's/the teams in uefa

arteta v villereal.. we had them and uefa/collina knew it

ferguson v utd, which secured cl... never so loud.

The best bit about that goal was vaughny going mental after he scored and big Dunc telling him to calm down! Ha. There's a first time for everything.

So many and so little time...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBCEmKle_c - The goal we would all love to have scored!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZmixtMByY - The fat bastard when he was good. Pains me now to watch it.

Duncan v liverpool in royles first match (couldn't spot it on youtube), we were in the sh*t before that match.

Also, a special mention to paul rideout v man utd in 95 and amokachi v spurs in the semi.

Only picking what I've seen live...

In recent times the Faddy goal against Charlton takes some beating, because of the situation we were in at that precise moment (minutes away from chucking away UEFA qualification), the quality of the goal, and the swing of emotions (up, down, up :lol: ) summing up being an Evertonian in those last ten odd minutes :P .

Going back....the two cup final goals in '84 were pretty memorable, and for sheer quality a Trevor Steven special in a 3-2 win at The Dell in 1985 :) .

In recent memory Osman's goal in europe last year was one of, if not the very, best team moves I have seen Everton score, the little flick back from Pienaar, the finsih by Osman, the movement of the whole squad. We played some great football in the 80's but it wouldn't be fair for me to comment on them because i've only really seen video footage.

One goal that has special memory for me was Hinchcliffe's 90th minute winner against QPR in 1994 at loftus road. It was my first away game with the away fans, it was my bithday, it was perfect.

In my 50 years there have been few better better Jamie. My particular favourite was a Fred Pickering header on his début, goalie, Grommit I think it was, got a hand to the ball but Pickering had that much power on it his hand bent backwards, fred K/O'd himslef doing it.

It can only be one goal! Barry Horne Vs Wimbledon 94! If you take in all that was going on, the timing, the situation, Tina Turner sums it up 'Simply the best'!

Others I enjoyed at the time Rooney Vs Arsenal (what a run they were on at the time!)

Ferguson against Man U

I am I just making this up or can I remember a goal in the last few seconds, I think it was against the shite where it hit our midfielders backside from a free kick and went in however the ref claimed he'd already blown for time??!!? - If I'm not making this up it gets my vote.

i took my cousins kid, only about 9 i think at the time, and when the fourth went in a lad infront who must have been at least 13 started crying asking his dad "why day, why?" it was truely pathetic, poor kid, even my cousins kid was laughing at him. his dad didnt look pleased with him making a show.

and credit to the united fans that day, they joined in 100% with the alan ball songs. a bit of mutual respect i think

My favourite individual goal would have to be Stuart McCalls in the Fa cup Final against Liverpool. We lost 3-2, but that should have been a match winner. The ball was cleared and came screaming out of the box and almost before anybody had moved, McCall had taken it on the chest and buried it. I nearly passed out when that went in.

My favourite team goal was Osmans against Larissa, took my son to hisd first gam at GP and have not seen many better at any level. stunning. For me that showed just how good Peanuts is at linking the play. AWSEOME

Has to be Rooney's goal vs Arsenal on October 19 2002 to win the match 2-1.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZmixtMByY

I will never forget the chills of excitment I got when the ball was smashed into the back of the net by this kid 5 days shy of his 17th birthday....thoughts of "this lad is going to save our club" were running through every vein in my body! And in hindsight he probably did!

COME ON YOU BLUES!

:D

It can only be one goal! Barry Horne Vs Wimbledon 94! If you take in all that was going on, the timing, the situation, Tina Turner sums it up 'Simply the best'!

Others I enjoyed at the time Rooney Vs Arsenal (what a run they were on at the time!)

Ferguson against Man U

I am I just making this up or can I remember a goal in the last few seconds, I think it was against the shite where it hit our midfielders backside from a free kick and went in however the ref claimed he'd already blown for time??!!? - If I'm not making this up it gets my vote.

Nope it happened, Westerveld (an ex Blue!!) taking a quick free kick against the back of a retreating Don Hutchinson. That tw*t Graham Poll said he blew the final whistle when the free kick was taken but Sky showed him blowing it when the ball was about 3 feet from the goal line rolling in.

Anyhoo back to topic, Sharpy vs the shite in '84, the start of a beautiful relationship for me!!

EDIT; Errr relationship with Everton that is, I'm NOT in a relationship with Graeme Sharp:-~

Edited by sheedysheedysheedy

Best goal I've seen that comes to mind was Sharpys back in '84 at Anfield and to do it against them was even more special

Yes I agree and the TV coverage does not do it justice at all. I was in the Anfield Road end at the game and it was like a sudden effect in a film. I actually jumped when he hit it. What a shot. If the R's had three keepers that day they could not have stopped it. Great memory, truly great.

Fred Pickering though could put one hell of a lot of power into a header.

Have seen many great goals in my time from players like Hickson, Pickering, Royle, Latchford, Young, Husband, Ball and Morrisey, but the goal that had the most impact on me was Derek Temples Winner in the 66 Cup Final.

A clearance from the Everton area went straight to a Sheffield defender on the halfway line, he attempted to trap the ball but it squirted under his foot and the lurking Temple went racing away bearing down on goal with a couple of defenders breathing down his neck, how many players would have hit the goalie or made a complete mess of it, after all this was the biggest stage in any players career, a Cup Final at Wembley.

The Sheffield end went quiet as we Evertonians held our breadth in anticipation cos this could be it, Springett (Englands goalkeeper at the time) advanced to cut down the angle, but not to be outdone Temple rifled a shot past him that made the net bulge, Oh what a goal, the noise erupted and we where on cloud nine till the ref blew the whistle.

It was the first time i, and many Evertonians had been to a Wembley Final and to come back from 2-0 down with half an hour to go was complete ecstasy, i'm not ashamed to say that i cried real tears that day.

Nowadays i,m at an age when i forget what i had for dinner yesterday, but i wll never ever forget that goal and indeed the whole occasion, it is indelibly stamped in my memory ..... Brilliant. :thumbsup_still:

Have seen many great goals in my time from players like Hickson, Pickering, Royle, Latchford, Young, Husband, Ball and Morrisey, but the goal that had the most impact on me was Derek Temples Winner in the 66 Cup Final.

Me too!.............. Why?

I was born in the UK but spent my early years in the far east so had no allegience to a local team. My old man was a Mackem :rolleyes: but despite his best efforts I was not going to settle for a second rate team!

This was the first FA cup final for me after returning to blighty and the old fella was adamant that Wednesday were going to win. Now knowing how little he knew about footy (Sunderland ffs) I was backing Everton and you can imagine how a 9 year old boy felt getting one over on his dad.

So that's me, thanks to Trebilcock and Temple, nothing but a glory hunter for the past 42 years!!

Edited by iggy