Sign in to follow this  
BlueBri

Free Agents (appiah) Worth A Punt?

I was stunned to read that Appiah has now become a free agent and can be obtained on a Bosman. I have been a long term fan of this player as he has great strength, vision and distribution in the middle of the park. Does anyone else think he could be a good addition and really add some depth to our squad? For those who wonder where he might fit

-----------------------------------------Howard-----------------------------------

Neville/Jacobsen-----------Yobo--------------Jagielka----------Lescot/Baines

----------------------------------Fellaini------------------------------------------

Arteta---------------------------------Appiah-----------------------Pienaar

------------------------Saha/Cahill-------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Yakubu----------------------------------------

I think, not only would he give Moyes positive selection problems, but also a depth and longevity to a still to lightweight squad in my opinion. Both Fellaini and Appiah are versatile, heavy tackling ball winning and driving midfielders and young. Could be the difference to winning 1 or two cups and maintaining a league presence ion the top 5/6.

If only Moyes thought like you my good man. However we did have a skysports link to him last January so Moyes has had past interest.

Surely if this guy is now free Moyes will reignite his pursuit of him?

Ask yourself 2 questions, why is he a free agent and has his serious knee problem gone away..?

As EW has said the main problem with Appiah is his knee we all know he's a very good player but knee injuries nearly always resurface which is ashame as he would imo make a good EPL player but one knock on that knee and he could be out for a long time/retirement, if any club where to take a gamble on him and from what ive read his favoured destination is Arsenal.

ronaldo is free atm too, i wouldnt touch him. And im not conviced by this appiah lad, he maybe good at footy, but that injury he keeps getting, no thanks.

Yeah remember VDM. Hot from Inter we were all getting excited, now we want him out at all costs.