IGNORED

Free Agents (appiah) Worth A Punt?

BlueBri

I was stunned to read that Appiah has now become a free agent and can be obtained on a Bosman. I have been a long term fan of this player as he has great strength, vision and distribution in the middle of the park. Does anyone else think he could be a good addition and really add some depth to our squad? For those who wonder where he might fit

-----------------------------------------Howard-----------------------------------

Neville/Jacobsen-----------Yobo--------------Jagielka----------Lescot/Baines

----------------------------------Fellaini------------------------------------------

Arteta---------------------------------Appiah-----------------------Pienaar

------------------------Saha/Cahill-------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Yakubu----------------------------------------

I think, not only would he give Moyes positive selection problems, but also a depth and longevity to a still to lightweight squad in my opinion. Both Fellaini and Appiah are versatile, heavy tackling ball winning and driving midfielders and young. Could be the difference to winning 1 or two cups and maintaining a league presence ion the top 5/6.

Edited by BlueBri

Ask yourself 2 questions, why is he a free agent and has his serious knee problem gone away..?

As EW has said the main problem with Appiah is his knee we all know he's a very good player but knee injuries nearly always resurface which is ashame as he would imo make a good EPL player but one knock on that knee and he could be out for a long time/retirement, if any club where to take a gamble on him and from what ive read his favoured destination is Arsenal.