IGNORED

Anil Ambani Takeover?

Louis

on wikipedia sayin hes linked aswell

"current speculation now links the businessman to Liverpool outfit, Everton FC.

Eagle-eyed viewers of Setanta Sports spotted his son, Jai Anmol conversing with Bill Kenwright and Rober Earl, the majority shareholders of English Premier League side Everton FC, during their final preseason game against PSV Eindhoven on 9th August 2008. Kenwright has recently confirmed that the club is looking for investment and is potentially for sale (sources for this include the club's official website) but it is not known if Joi Anmol's presence at the game indicates any interest in acquiring the club or simply reflects social connections. Further to that, Ambani is known be visiting the city of Liverpool during September, 2008 where he will be guest of Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright, during the Toffee's UEFA cup tie against Standard Liege."

could be good maybe not? as ive mentioned on another post not a big fan of foreign owners but as long as kenwright gets some say cant be too bad right?

ive mentioned on another post not a big fan of foreign owners but as long as kenwright gets some say cant be too bad right?

Was your last sentence intended to be ironic? ;):)

It does seem a bit far fetched - the presence of a a 16 yr old kid at an Everton friendly means his dad will buy the club.

Billionaire Anil Ambani will be in attendance at the Standard Leige game as a guest of the club according to Sky Sports' Newcastle United reporter.

I doubt Anil will look at us.

I sent a cheeky email to one of his secretaries (long winded connections through companies) telling him how much of a better investment Everton is than Newcastle. Ian Ross knows all about my email.

I don't believe for 1 minute they passed on my email to Anil or he would even read it but I tried :)

In reality, I do not think he would buy us and will buy Newcastle.

I would echo the same points that Louis has stated.

I would laugh if he took note of my well crafted email and invests...in fact I would be seeking a finders fee :P:D

It does seem a bit far fetched - the presence of a a 16 yr old kid at an Everton friendly means his dad will buy the club.

I dont know he could just be a very generous dad buying his son a big xmas present.its not far fetched i would buy Everton for my son if i had the money!!!

This sounds like the Sultan of Brunei all over again.

PS If they know nothing about the game they will ask Bill to stay on in some capacity. Unlike all other clubs in the Prem except Boro's Steve Gibson, Bill takes no salary for the work he does for the club and that is a fact like it or lump it. :)

not necessarilly fact, he doesnt take a "wage" as per say, but according to accounts there have been payments taken out of the club during his time here. i dont have a problem if he does take a wage to be honest, not a fan of the guy but if hes doing a job take some pay man. thats why he aint a billionaire yet :lol:

would be an interesting take over i would think

The Sun, Guardian, Daily Post, Liverpool Echo all reporting it.

Echo are also reporting that he won't be a guest for the Standard Leige game.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of owner he is, his brother owns a Cricket Team called Mumbai Indians in the IPL. Personally I don't want to see a free spending owner but someone who will build the club up with good business decisions and incentives for fans to become regular match-goers.

I would laugh if he took note of my well crafted email and invests...in fact I would be seeking a finders fee :P:D

Post it ! :D

Haha. Briliant.

I don't think it's a game of billionaires anymore but more a game for multi billionaires. Without trying to sound like mystic meg, there's a few prem teams now with sugar daddys and it only takes one of them sugar daddys to pull out and sell up, bearing in mind they have no affiliation with their club, and everything goes tits up. Just think clubs are now in a no win situation long term

The Ambani's have always looked to be a profit making organisation as opposed to being a public darling or a show off like Vijay Mallya or Richard Branson or the Emirati sheiks. Hence, if they decide to buy out a club i cant see any reason for it to happen unless they're looking for a profit. So i dont see them looking to make the club, a rich man's plaything.

That said, they're quite trustworthy as employers and wont be looking to just make a quick buck by selling off the club as soon as the new stadium is made and its market value explodes.

There's absolutely nothing about an Ambani takeover in the papers here either, so i have no idea where your media got the sniff of this from.

Edited by xavier

BBC have said it's nonsense. It turns out someone with an Indian accent rang Kenwright and it's a lot of fuss over nothing.*

All this talk of Indian businessman Anil Ambani being interested in buying Everton seems very wide of the mark.

Speculation suggested that a member of the Ambani family, possibly Anils's son, would be at the club's Uefa Cup match against Standard Liege on Thursday, but my Everton sources tell me that is just not the case. Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, did receive a call from someone claiming to be an intermediary but nothing came of it.

Everton need a buyer but the man who could buy the Toffees out of his petty cash would be British billionaire Sir Philip Green.

However, Green, for all his love for the game and Tottenham in particular, not to mention his closeness to Kenwright, has never seen himself as a football investor.

The good news for Everton fans is that manager David Moyes may soon be putting pen to paper on a new contract that will take him to 2013. The contract talks have been going on for months with some speculation that Moyes may leave amid much talk of Everton needing to show ambition. This is football speak for buying players - fans always interpret any talk of ambition in that way. However, as football insiders will tell you, such talk is really a call for the board to increase the wages of the staff it already employs.

I am told Everton has sufficient ambition to tempt Moyes to stay on. The 45-year-old Scot, who is paid around £1.5m a year, will get around £3.5m a year under the terms of his new contract, a rise of more than 100% although short of the £4.5m he was believed to have been aiming for. Not a bad pay increase in these hard times from a club that needs investment, although, such has been his impact on the blue half of Stanley Park, Everton fans will feel Moyes deserves every penny.

And the former Preston manager must still be in the running for a Wayne Rooney-style move to Old Trafford when Sir Alex Ferguson, the great man of Manchester United, finally calls it a day.

It is hoped Moyes will put pen to paper before the first Merseyside rivals derby of the season at Goodison Park on 27 September.

*This is an exaggeration

This sounds like the Sultan of Brunei all over again.

PS If they know nothing about the game they will ask Bill to stay on in some capacity. Unlike all other clubs in the Prem except Boro's Steve Gibson, Bill takes no salary for the work he does for the club and that is a fact like it or lump it. :)

Seeing his face on the tv spouting shit is payment for the ham actor methinks