Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Anil Ambani Takeover?

on wikipedia sayin hes linked aswell

"current speculation now links the businessman to Liverpool outfit, Everton FC.

Eagle-eyed viewers of Setanta Sports spotted his son, Jai Anmol conversing with Bill Kenwright and Rober Earl, the majority shareholders of English Premier League side Everton FC, during their final preseason game against PSV Eindhoven on 9th August 2008. Kenwright has recently confirmed that the club is looking for investment and is potentially for sale (sources for this include the club's official website) but it is not known if Joi Anmol's presence at the game indicates any interest in acquiring the club or simply reflects social connections. Further to that, Ambani is known be visiting the city of Liverpool during September, 2008 where he will be guest of Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright, during the Toffee's UEFA cup tie against Standard Liege."

could be good maybe not? as ive mentioned on another post not a big fan of foreign owners but as long as kenwright gets some say cant be too bad right?

ive mentioned on another post not a big fan of foreign owners but as long as kenwright gets some say cant be too bad right?

Was your last sentence intended to be ironic? ;):)

It does seem a bit far fetched - the presence of a a 16 yr old kid at an Everton friendly means his dad will buy the club.

Billionaire Anil Ambani will be in attendance at the Standard Leige game as a guest of the club according to Sky Sports' Newcastle United reporter.

I doubt Anil will look at us.

I sent a cheeky email to one of his secretaries (long winded connections through companies) telling him how much of a better investment Everton is than Newcastle. Ian Ross knows all about my email.

I don't believe for 1 minute they passed on my email to Anil or he would even read it but I tried :)

In reality, I do not think he would buy us and will buy Newcastle.

I would echo the same points that Louis has stated.

I would laugh if he took note of my well crafted email and invests...in fact I would be seeking a finders fee :P:D

It does seem a bit far fetched - the presence of a a 16 yr old kid at an Everton friendly means his dad will buy the club.

I dont know he could just be a very generous dad buying his son a big xmas present.its not far fetched i would buy Everton for my son if i had the money!!!

This sounds like the Sultan of Brunei all over again.

PS If they know nothing about the game they will ask Bill to stay on in some capacity. Unlike all other clubs in the Prem except Boro's Steve Gibson, Bill takes no salary for the work he does for the club and that is a fact like it or lump it. :)

not necessarilly fact, he doesnt take a "wage" as per say, but according to accounts there have been payments taken out of the club during his time here. i dont have a problem if he does take a wage to be honest, not a fan of the guy but if hes doing a job take some pay man. thats why he aint a billionaire yet :lol:

would be an interesting take over i would think

The Sun, Guardian, Daily Post, Liverpool Echo all reporting it.

Echo are also reporting that he won't be a guest for the Standard Leige game.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of owner he is, his brother owns a Cricket Team called Mumbai Indians in the IPL. Personally I don't want to see a free spending owner but someone who will build the club up with good business decisions and incentives for fans to become regular match-goers.

I would laugh if he took note of my well crafted email and invests...in fact I would be seeking a finders fee :P:D

Post it ! :D

Haha. Briliant.

I don't think it's a game of billionaires anymore but more a game for multi billionaires. Without trying to sound like mystic meg, there's a few prem teams now with sugar daddys and it only takes one of them sugar daddys to pull out and sell up, bearing in mind they have no affiliation with their club, and everything goes tits up. Just think clubs are now in a no win situation long term

The Ambani's have always looked to be a profit making organisation as opposed to being a public darling or a show off like Vijay Mallya or Richard Branson or the Emirati sheiks. Hence, if they decide to buy out a club i cant see any reason for it to happen unless they're looking for a profit. So i dont see them looking to make the club, a rich man's plaything.

That said, they're quite trustworthy as employers and wont be looking to just make a quick buck by selling off the club as soon as the new stadium is made and its market value explodes.

There's absolutely nothing about an Ambani takeover in the papers here either, so i have no idea where your media got the sniff of this from.

The India Times have reported it xavier but they are saying the source is the Liverpool Daily Post. It could be a lot of hot air.

A word of warning.............................it is reported the Ashley is set to sell his Barcodes stake, I think its very likely that Ambani will be the purchaser

4pi    0

yeah but they have said there not interested. think its gonna be up to bill to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

hopefully he'll be there thursday and GP will be rocking and leave him with a big feeling for the club!

BBC have said it's nonsense. It turns out someone with an Indian accent rang Kenwright and it's a lot of fuss over nothing.*

All this talk of Indian businessman Anil Ambani being interested in buying Everton seems very wide of the mark.

Speculation suggested that a member of the Ambani family, possibly Anils's son, would be at the club's Uefa Cup match against Standard Liege on Thursday, but my Everton sources tell me that is just not the case. Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, did receive a call from someone claiming to be an intermediary but nothing came of it.

Everton need a buyer but the man who could buy the Toffees out of his petty cash would be British billionaire Sir Philip Green.

However, Green, for all his love for the game and Tottenham in particular, not to mention his closeness to Kenwright, has never seen himself as a football investor.

The good news for Everton fans is that manager David Moyes may soon be putting pen to paper on a new contract that will take him to 2013. The contract talks have been going on for months with some speculation that Moyes may leave amid much talk of Everton needing to show ambition. This is football speak for buying players - fans always interpret any talk of ambition in that way. However, as football insiders will tell you, such talk is really a call for the board to increase the wages of the staff it already employs.

I am told Everton has sufficient ambition to tempt Moyes to stay on. The 45-year-old Scot, who is paid around £1.5m a year, will get around £3.5m a year under the terms of his new contract, a rise of more than 100% although short of the £4.5m he was believed to have been aiming for. Not a bad pay increase in these hard times from a club that needs investment, although, such has been his impact on the blue half of Stanley Park, Everton fans will feel Moyes deserves every penny.

And the former Preston manager must still be in the running for a Wayne Rooney-style move to Old Trafford when Sir Alex Ferguson, the great man of Manchester United, finally calls it a day.

It is hoped Moyes will put pen to paper before the first Merseyside rivals derby of the season at Goodison Park on 27 September.

*This is an exaggeration

This sounds like the Sultan of Brunei all over again.

PS If they know nothing about the game they will ask Bill to stay on in some capacity. Unlike all other clubs in the Prem except Boro's Steve Gibson, Bill takes no salary for the work he does for the club and that is a fact like it or lump it. :)

Seeing his face on the tv spouting shit is payment for the ham actor methinks

Everton are the latest Premier League club to be the target of a multi-million-pound takeover.

Indian tycoon Anil Ambani, the sixth-richest man in the world with an estimated £20billion fortune, is determined to buy a Premier League club.

And Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is trying to interest the 49-year-old businessman and is having talks about a takeover at Goodison Park.

Ambani has already looked at Newcastle and Liverpool but his advisers steered him away from the mess at St James’ Park while Anfield’s American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have fought off previous takeover bids. That has left Ambani seriously considering a deal for Everton - especially as Kenwright wants to step aside.

Kenwright has aleady entertained Ambani and his advisers at Goodison Park and now the tycoon is weighing up the figures.

Everton's future at Goodison is uncertain and the club's value is therefore affected, but Ambani has the millions to take over the club - and pump money into it.

Kenwright announced after the club's EGM earlier this month that he is ready to sell, which attracted interest from several consortiums.

Ambani, chairman of the financial company Reliance Group, made enquiries through an intermediary.

The talks have progressed slowly but Ambani remains interested in moving into English football and Everton are a big club in need of major financial investment.

Ambani is deeply interested but even if his talks do not progress, it seems certain that the club will fall into foreign hands with several brokers negotiating buy-outs.

Kenwright, a lifelong Everton fan, wants the club to be able to compete with the big four and to have the funds to either redevelop their stadium or move.

He said recently: "I do not want to be here next year.

"I do not want to be standing in front of you saying, 'It's been another tough season' and 'I don't know where the money is'. I would sell tomorrow."

I hate the modern game. I hate that this is what we need. I hate all of it. Any success will always be tinged.

Sorry but I have always liked us doing things "the right way". Building up slowly, building on previous success that has been earnt and not bought.

Maybe i'm old fashioned in my views but I hate that this is whatwe've come to.

Sure it would be good to see the likes of Robinho or whoever strut out at Goodison each week. But what is the price of selling your soul?

Just been on City 96.7 that the rich fella is talking figures with us. Fingers crossed eh. Who would you want in January if he does come in before then?

Dont get your hopes up the Indian who owns my local shop said he was buying a new club, at the time I thought he was talking about a 7 iron but now it all makes sense!!!

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank here we come!!!! :P:P

price of modern football

i dont like as much as the next person but if you want to compete then this is what has to happen nowadays sadly! id rather compete with money put in by foreigners than just rot away into the middle or bottom of the league

I hate the modern game. I hate that this is what we need. I hate all of it. Any success will always be tinged.

Sorry but I have always liked us doing things "the right way". Building up slowly, building on previous success that has been earnt and not bought.

Maybe i'm old fashioned in my views but I hate that this is whatwe've come to.

Sure it would be good to see the likes of Robinho or whoever strut out at Goodison each week. But what is the price of selling your soul?

Think i'd go along with your feelings Jamie if Football had'nt turned from a sport into a business.

But these days we are getting deeper and deeper into debt, if we stayed as we are and everybody else had been taken over by Rich Americans, Arabs, and Russians, we wouldnt be able to compete.

It wouldnt take that long before we found ourselves in the Championship.

I remember an old seafarer saying .."you call in any port in a storm", and unfortunately our needs say we have to.

I wouldn't mind any foreigners coming in and buying us, not one bit. As long as...

1- Moyesy gets a nicebig whopping contract for at least 5 years.

2- A new stadium is developed (preferably in the city if possible).

3- Moyes has complete control over players, transers and the football side of things.

4- Any investment is sustainable, so if they do decide to pack their bags, we're not left in an onion bhaji, so to speak,

5- We continue to develop from inside the club - most importantly, we keep bringing quality young players through the ranks.

Think i'd go along with your feelings Jamie if Football had'nt turned from a sport into a business.

But these days we are getting deeper and deeper into debt, if we stayed as we are and everybody else had been taken over by Rich Americans, Arabs, and Russians, we wouldnt be able to compete.

It wouldnt take that long before we found ourselves in the Championship.

I remember an old seafarer saying .."you call in any port in a storm", and unfortunately our needs say we have to.

I'm not saying I don't want us to get bought out, because its painfully clear that to continue to compete you need an owner with very very deep pockets.

I can see that we need a new owner and wouldn't be terribly adverse to it. My point mainly was about the way the game has gone, not about us being bought out.

Just a moment here lads, are we all being totally stupid here. I suspect these 'talks' are a lot further advanced than anyone is letting on. This story bubbled up some weeks ago and nothing has been heard since. In the meantime we have a manager asking for the earth via a lucrative contract, I doubt if the present board could afford what Moyes wants hence they have put that negotiation on the back burner thinking the new owner can sort it out. It is not impossible that Ambani may even want to appoint his own man

Discuss

Maybe a reason for Moyes delay (new investor) but I am now led to believe Anil rumours are just that, a rumour. No official approach has been made.

As we are not a quote company the talks only have to be between BK and this guy EW, why tell the press with so many other clubs looking for an investor. Certainly explains Moyes contract

Just a moment here lads, are we all being totally stupid here. I suspect these 'talks' are a lot further advanced than anyone is letting on. This story bubbled up some weeks ago and nothing has been heard since. In the meantime we have a manager asking for the earth via a lucrative contract, I doubt if the present board could afford what Moyes wants hence they have put that negotiation on the back burner thinking the new owner can sort it out. It is not impossible that Ambani may even want to appoint his own man

Discuss

Hmmmm..... well I think that talks 'have' gone further behind closed doors after the leige game. now reports are being leaked after a terrible defeat to the 'shite' probably by kenwrights contacts!!

I think the time of change is upon us for better or for worse but this multi-multi-billionaire looks set to invest not only in our team but in a new massive stadium in the near future!! great stuff =D

I just hope and pray that this is the case! but expect moyes to get a huge, brilliant contract if it goes ahead!! dont think the owner will rock the management boat too much! if you were bill you would definitely big up big red dave!! the billionaire has gotta think about the local/loyal fan base too!!

Wiki :)

On August 3rd 2008, it emerged that Ambani had become a leading contender to take over English Premier League team, Newcastle United. Talks are thought to have broken down when it transpired that Newcastle chairman, Mike Ashley, had demanded more than Ambani was willing to pay. Current speculation also links the businessman to the 130 year old Merseyside outfit, Everton F.C. Club chairman, Bill Kenwright, has officially stated that his club is for sale. Ambani's son, Jai Anmol, has already been rumoured to have visited Everton's ground, Goodison Park, where he apparently watched a pre-season friendly versus Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

On September 12th 2008 Sky Sports news reported that Anil Ambani was in talks with Everton officials over a deal to takeover the club. The news has been welcomed by many Everton fans who feel that Mr Ambani can help the club to reach its full potential. The following day several national newspapers picked up on the story. Further to that, the Daily Mirror reports on the September 30th 2008, that Ambani has entered talks with Bill Kenwright and although discussions are progressing slowly, Ambani remains interested in moving into English football.

...and to bring us back down to earth...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Football.html

I dont think there's much substance to that story tbh no actual comments quoted.

I agree with your principles Jamie mate i feel for clubs like Bolton and Wigan and so on who have put in a big effort to stay in the Prem but no major investor will ever touch them with such little marketability and relatively small fan bases. I do hope it happens as we all know we can not push forward in today's climate as we are, so hopefully we get some news in the next few days that this will happen.