IGNORED

Lescott Complacent?

Forever ton

Before I have all the Lescott fans deriding me, I am a huge fan of his, but, I think that maybe he has become complacent and needs dropping to the bench for a game or two so that he picks up his game.

We have strong competition now, especially across the back when all fit, and I dont think it is right that Lescott is an automatic pick just because he's done so well for us in the last couple of seasons. I say drop him for the Hull game and make him work extra hard in training to prove he is worthy of a starting place in the Derby....

Anybody have anything to add to that? Anyone agree/disagree?

he gives 100% every time he pulls on a shirt, he did nothing wrong sunday,people have short memories,complacent never he needs our support not dropping from the team,he was and still is one of our top players.The reason him,T Howard and the rest of the back four are not looking as secure is the midfield has been weak due to injuries and allthough the kids did well, it was bound to have an impact when we get our strongest team out we will start getting clean sheets, just be patient COYB :huh:

he gives 100% every time he pulls on a shirt, he did nothing wrong sunday,people have short memories,complacent never he needs our support not dropping from the team,he was and still is one of our top players.The reason him,T Howard and the rest of the back four are not looking as secure is the midfield has been weak due to injuries and allthough the kids did well, it was bound to have an impact when we get our strongest team out we will start getting clean sheets, just be patient COYB :huh:

Can't fully agree with there SE, yes he does give 100%, Moyes wouldn't have it any other way, but he seems to be two yards slower than he was last year. At Stoke he was hanging on to one of their lads shirts when it was easier to herd the player and ball away from goal, he conceded a dangerous f/k in doing so. I don't see a need to panic but his form has definitely dipped

Can't fully agree with there SE, yes he does give 100%, Moyes wouldn't have it any other way, but he seems to be two yards slower than he was last year. At Stoke he was hanging on to one of their lads shirts when it was easier to herd the player and ball away from goal, he conceded a dangerous f/k in doing so. I don't see a need to panic but his form has definitely dipped

Fair comment,but he will get back to his best soon

I think we need to allow our players the luxery of a couple of average games.Lescott has at times since he's been here been incredible, it's hard to live up to that every game.He will know he's not at his best yet.Thursday night would be a great time for a rock solid display......and a couple of his trademark goals, really don't think dropping him would work.

If for nothing else Lescott was picked for the game against Stoke because of his size!Baines would have struggled against the sort of game plan used by Stoke.Have to say I agree with Licker in that Baines doesn't seem as good a defender as most thought he would be.Shame as he cost so much, but hey! he could improve, and in all fairness he does have some good points.

I have to say that this season so far I don't think he's been the player he was last season. He seems very out of touch with the game at times and is a couple of yards too slow when it counts. However, the stats speak for themselves - we've let a bucketful of goals in this season compared to last and it isn't all Lescott's fault! The whole defensive setup looks like a kid's team sometimes - players out of position, lack of cover etc. I know we've had some injuries, but these are professional footballers and it's only an amount of good fortune that sees us with the points we have! Let's face it, the two games we have won have been against opposition we would have slaughtered last season. So far this season the games we have lost would have got us 3 points each last season too!

The defence is not working well together this season. Not fair to heap it on Lescott alone, though he does look sadly out of touch lately.

Thank God we're still scoring goals!

Edited by Oztoffee

we've let a bucketful of goals in this season compared to last and it isn't all Lescott's fault!

Bang on. Lescott is not on form, but neither is the rest of the back line. What about making Yobo captain again, worked last year, he became a different player and marshalled the defense almost a la Ratcliffe.

I do have to say that I am starting to wonder about the point in having Baines. Moyes obviously biught him for a reason, but as time goes on and new faces come in, I am starting to struggle to see exactly where he will fit in.

Bang on. Lescott is not on form, but neither is the rest of the back line. What about making Yobo captain again, worked last year, he became a different player and marshalled the defense almost a la Ratcliffe.

I do have to say that I am starting to wonder about the point in having Baines. Moyes obviously biught him for a reason, but as time goes on and new faces come in, I am starting to struggle to see exactly where he will fit in.

I think its an odd feeling for an evertonian having talent on the bench. We complain not having strenght in depth within the team, but then if we have options in one position say "Whats the point of x, y z... being here if they don't play week in week out".

Its funny really, we want it both ways, but obiously that can't happen

I think its an odd feeling for an evertonian having talent on the bench. We complain not having strenght in depth within the team, but then if we have options in one position say "Whats the point of x, y z... being here if they don't play week in week out".

Its funny really, we want it both ways, but obiously that can't happen

I not really complaining about the strength in depth. It's more of an observation about the way we have played in different games and where Baines fits in. Moyes obviously prefers Lescott/Valente if given the choice, but has to change things round to fit Baines when he comes in. I think Baines is a great player and has a lot of promise, but the way our back line is set up, he is not the right kind of player. Getting back to Lescott, he made the Left Back role his own last year. It is difficult to understand what exactly happens in the cose season to affect a player so much in his performance. If he doesn't buck up, maybe Moyes will have to go back to looking at fitting the back line to acomodate Baines more effectively. Personally, I agree with comments that he is none to good a defender, so you would probably be looking at 3 across the middle with two wingbacks. Jacobsen may fit this well on the right, but we will see. And your right, we should be grateful that we have players on the bench who have talent.

Thinking about Baines as well tho

Its unfair if Lescots form dips and he keeps his 1st team start when we have a quality LB waiting there raring to get on the pitch

Im a massive fan of Lescott but an even bigger fan of Everton football club and if he needs to be dropped to pick his form back up then so be it

I not really complaining about the strength in depth. It's more of an observation about the way we have played in different games and where Baines fits in. Moyes obviously prefers Lescott/Valente if given the choice, but has to change things round to fit Baines when he comes in. I think Baines is a great player and has a lot of promise, but the way our back line is set up, he is not the right kind of player. Getting back to Lescott, he made the Left Back role his own last year. It is difficult to understand what exactly happens in the cose season to affect a player so much in his performance. If he doesn't buck up, maybe Moyes will have to go back to looking at fitting the back line to acomodate Baines more effectively. Personally, I agree with comments that he is none to good a defender, so you would probably be looking at 3 across the middle with two wingbacks. Jacobsen may fit this well on the right, but we will see. And your right, we should be grateful that we have players on the bench who have talent.

I wasn't trying to picky you out, I think a few people have commented on Baines role in the club.

To be honest I think that Baines is a good player but can be found out defensivly. He's good going forward, but not so great in defence, which is an obvious problem for a defender!

I think we need a strong central pairing at the back to be able to afford Baines at left back, logically to me that would be Yobo and Jags, however its very very hard to drop J.Lo, considering his reputation and how he did last year.

Its a tricky sitaution without an easy answer, other than keep Baines on the bench, but howlong will he take that?

I wasn't trying to picky you out, I think a few people have commented on Baines role in the club.

To be honest I think that Baines is a good player but can be found out defensivly. He's good going forward, but not so great in defence, which is an obvious problem for a defender!

I think we need a strong central pairing at the back to be able to afford Baines at left back, logically to me that would be Yobo and Jags, however its very very hard to drop J.Lo, considering his reputation and how he did last year.

Its a tricky sitaution without an easy answer, other than keep Baines on the bench, but howlong will he take that?

Exactly right

Moyes was quoted as saying that Baines is and will be a big part in evertons future a good while back but looking at the defence we have now and the players in it its hard to see when he will fit in. Bit of a stop gap at the moment which is a shame because I like Baines

Lescott was again not up to scratch. Te be fair he did work hard, he was making runs and getting forward a lot but he made some really bad errors. Forgetting their first goal, there were a handful of occasions were he was caught out and made mistakes. I personally think that was a penalty towards the end there. Come on Lescott!!

I think Baines is a decent player. Perhaps doesn't have the size and weight of Lescott, which we do need, but if he's going to be making mistakes all day long.........

He's been moved from centre defence cos he wasn't perfoming there, I can't see it being long till he moves on to the bench. I'm sorry to say it, cos i honestly think he's a good player, he just needs a kick up the jacksy.

Edited by wallwriter

I couldn't give a flying one for his reputation. If he's not playing well, I'm sorry but he needs a kick in the arse.

Reputations don't win games or keep clean sheets.