• Mikel Arteta
    • Tim Cahill
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu
    • James Vaughan
    • The Ball Boy

liege1.jpgliege2.jpg

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Osman 25

Arteta 25

Cahill 20

Neville 12

Baines 11

Anichebe 10

Yakubu 7

Castillo 6

Baxter 4

Vaughan 4

Yobo 3

Fellaini 2

Valente 2

Howard 1

Jagielka 1

Rodwell 1

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

I'm torn between Jagielka and Anichebe who is getting better with every game now - he seems to do a lot more back tracking and tackling than he used to, Jagielka just tipped it for me though because he made a few crucial tackles. Castillo was also impressive. The goal would have looked better if the goalkeeper didn't get a hand to it though. I'm sure he'll fix that soon enough ;)

i thought arteta did better than so far this season, but still weak at set pieces. castillo was very tidy in midfield, always on the simple ball, something we need to have in there, and a great strike. yak did very well and scored a good goal. but it was between jags and pip for me. jag was solid at the back and covered up a few of lescotts mistakes, but i gave it to pip, was good at the back with some good tackles and blocks, ran the channel single handedly as no one seemed to support him out there and lots of good crosses. lead by example for me. lescott, whatever is going on in your life, fucking sort it out. we have a good young left back who will break his neck to get on the field for us, and we seem to be accomodating lescott who hasnt performed well in the slightest since returning for preseason. maybe he wanted a move, maybe his england buddies have told him about their 100k plus wages, i dont know, but right now the lad is a shambles.

It was a close run thing as far as I'm concerned, Arteta, Jags, Big Vic and the Yak. Teta doesn't get my vote because he wasted far too many set pieces, he is shit at dead balls half the time and tonight he didn't disappoint which is a pity because he is a dream to watch on the ball, the most skillful ball player since Young imo. Yak and Vic worked tirelessly but poor passing in their area allowed some lightening fast counters so that leaves Jags. Phil tonight covered every inch of that park, threw his body when needed, urged others on when head went down, it was a gutsy, brave and stirring display by Jags and won him my vote as MOM.

i thought arteta did better than so far this season, but still weak at set pieces. castillo was very tidy in midfield, always on the simple ball, something we need to have in there, and a great strike. yak did very well and scored a good goal. but it was between jags and pip for me. jag was solid at the back and covered up a few of lescotts mistakes, but i gave it to pip, was good at the back with some good tackles and blocks, ran the channel single handedly as no one seemed to support him out there and lots of good crosses. lead by example for me. lescott, whatever is going on in your life, fucking sort it out. we have a good young left back who will break his neck to get on the field for us, and we seem to be accomodating lescott who hasnt performed well in the slightest since returning for preseason. maybe he wanted a move, maybe his england buddies have told him about their 100k plus wages, i dont know, but right now the lad is a shambles.

Totally agree with what your saying mate, Baines is a talented lad who i have always rated i think with a good few games under his belt and abit more confidence i could see him ousting Lesbo. Arteta had a good game but have to agree set pieces have been quite poor. I like the look of Castillo made a few misguided passes but other then that had a solid game and scored a belter i think with abit more time this lads going to be a very good player for us.

I gave my vote to Jags he put in 100% and won practically every challenge was a very good display. Overall not a bad display we had enough to beat Liege imo will be a tough game away but i have a feeling we will roll em over at there place for some strange reason :rolleyes:

Jags, all the way, solide reassured and confident. He read everything in the second half. Keeps going and a regular England call up will beckon. Very nervy night and it showed. Mirrored the Kharkiv game last year, I just hope we can pull it back like we did last year. Hopefully Peanuts will be back.

Castillo was good but his distribution was a bit ropey at times

Jags had a good game but my m.o.m went to Osman

Great effort all round and had the fight in him

Another disappointing game from Lescott though.

Do we need to change the back four for Hull to kick them up the arse and then maybe switch back at Blackburn and see what happens?

Do we need to change the back four for Hull to kick them up the arse and then maybe switch back at Blacburn and see what happens?

If DM switches it and it works then it stays switched for me. Would destroy any hope Baines has for his career at Everton to drop him if he did a good job.

I thought Castillo did a good job, like others have said his distribution is not 100% but he's the round peg for the round hole that we need.

Jags back in the back 4 was a must and he's showing how well he's suited to that position.

Lescott is a liability. I have said on other threads that I think there's something going on with him. He was far too regularly quoted as having something to say about transfers in the summer, how he's a centre back etc, yet given the chance there he is poor. Even pushing him out wide now he's a defensive liability when Pienaar isn't there to track back and help out. Far too much went down the Liege right and Dalmat made Lescott look a mug.

Arteta is far too wasteful with corners and free kicks. Hits the first man every time with corners, which considering his ability to pick a pass in open play is a mystery. This is the 3rd season it's been going on for now though so maybe someone else needs to be given the opportunity to try and whip the corners in (anyone exc. Neville!!!)

Yak, great finish... again.

Vic, full of running and improves with every game so far this season. The Olympics seem to have done him the world of good.

Hopefully someone in the back 4 or Castillo (when his English improves) will start to scream and shout at players to get into position and will fill the void clearly left by Cars. The defence so far this season has been mind blowingly bad, only saved by the fact that we look like we can score. I'd prefer not to concede though, at least then we know we're not chasing games so early on.

Arteta for me, Jags was superb in the second half (several aimless hoofs aside) but he's there to defend and there's no getting away from the fact that for the first goal he was stood ball watching when the guy just ran in and tapped it in, he should have been getting back to cover in case Lescott lost out and he didn't.