IGNORED

Moyes To Sign £65k Per Week Deal

Louis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/7624326.stm

Everton boss David Moyes has agreed a new five-year contract with the Merseyside club worth over £17m, BBC Sport understands.

The 45-year-old Moyes, who joined Everton as manager in 2002, confirmed in July that he had opened talks on a new deal with chairman Bill Kenwright.

The Scot is expected to sign the deal before the derby against Liverpool at Goodison Park on 27 September.

Moyes, who has 12 months left on his current deal, has also managed Preston.

The Scot, who has twice guided Everton to the Uefa Cup as well as the Champions League qualifying stages, has been linked with the vacant manager's job at Newcastle.

Earlier this week he was charged with improper conduct by the Football Association after being sent to the stands during Sunday's 3-2 win against Stoke.

Would be good if they made use of, "expected to sign the deal before the derby against Liverpool at Goodison Park on 27 September."

Take that literally and announce it before KO, or even get him to sign it on the pitch :P .

That'd get the crowd up for the game.....not that they wouldn't be already, but it'd cause a hell of a buzz!

Couldn't give a toss about the Derby at the moment. First time in years, I really don't care. Moyes has said he has passed the contract back the board but he hasn't yet signed. I think it is all but done and an announcement just before the Derby is on the cards. Not very theatrical at all.

Is it just me, or is all this ongoing speculation in every area of the club becoming a bit dull. Leave all that to the glory seekers and shite. Lets just play football and win something.

Dons flak jacket

I think Moyes has something of a cheek with his wage demands. He is asking for £65,000 a week and he hasn't won anything. If his contract was dependent on him winning things then OK but as we remain trophy-less i think its exorbitant. Have we inflated his ego that much that he is now believing his own publicity. This contract could well explain where the so called missing millions have gone, right in Moyes's arse pocket

I will now return to the golf