IGNORED

Moyes: Is He Worth £3.4 Million Pounds A Season?

This thread has now brought up an argument that has been rumbling on for a while.

The thread asked whether Moyes is worth £3.4 million a season.

Are we talking relatively or realistically? Relatively, the answer has to be yes. Compared to his managerial rivals and equals, he has been relatively poorly paid, as pointed out by several people earlier. He has steered the club to a position where regularly competeing in the top 6 is bringing in revenue we could only dream of 7-8 years ago. He has stabalised the team, providing consistencey and potency (recent form exceoted of course) and the value of the squad has increased dramatically by shrewd transfers as well as dramatically bringing the average age down.

Realistically, an increase from £30k per week to £65k per week is obscene. While the average man in the street is struggling to make ends meet, anyone demanding this kind of money for participating in what is effectively a pastime is ridiculous. But this is a moral argument that has gone on for years. Why are nurses, fireman and the armed forces paid so poorly compared to this. Who provides the life enhancing service and puts themselves on the line for others. You could argue this until the cows come home.

Well, anyone who thinks this needs to change, you should read Karl Marx and push for communism. But that has unfortunately been shown to fail miserably in the real world. Nice in theory. We live in a capatalist world where the few reap the rewards and everyone else pays.

While morally, the wage demand is obviously wrong, you can't blame Moyes for wanting his piece of the pie. Why shouldn't he get the going rate. At the end of the day, he took a career decision to become a manager and has been successful. You could say this was a gamble as the odds of making good money from professional footbal are astronomical, almost on par with winning the lottery. It is a British trait to persecute the successful though, so I guess he has it coming. God help him if we start winning thing and we come to renew his contract again, we'll be baying for blood for having a successful manager.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, anyone who thinks this needs to change, you should read Karl Marx and push for communism. But that has unfortunately been shown to fail miserably in the real world. Nice in theory. We live in a capatalist world where the few reap the rewards and everyone else pays.

While morally, the wage demand is obviously wrong, you can't blame Moyes for wanting his piece of the pie. Why shouldn't he get the going rate. At the end of the day, he took a career decision to become a manager and has been successful. You could say this was a gamble as the odds of making good money from professional footbal are astronomical, almost on par with winning the lottery. It is a British trait to persecute the successful though, so I guess he has it coming. God help him if we start winning thing and we come to renew his contract again, we'll be baying for blood for having a successful manager.

Just hold on here, one driving force of a free market econnomy is value for money hence we must examine that question first, IMO he isn't. I think that your analogy with Marxism is stupid at this moment in time, capitalism isn't covering itself in glory without intervention of the state but its football we are talking about any way so no government will bail us out, shit we can't get the fucking council on our side.

You say we can't blame Moyes for his wage demands, yes we can as he is making them. He is aware what we can afford and its far less today than it was yesterday or do you recommend us having a fire damage sale in the January window just to afford the wages demands of a failing manager, it is also a fact of the free market that he has the option of going elsewhere............................

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Just hold on here, one driving force of a free market econnomy is value for money hence we must examine that question first, IMO he isn't. I think that your analogy with Marxism is stupid at this moment in time, capitalism isn't covering itself in glory without intervention of the state but its football we are talking about any way so no government will bail us out, shit we can't get the fucking council on our side.

You say we can't blame Moyes for his wage demands, yes we can as he is making them. He is aware what we can afford and its far less today than it was yesterday or do you recommend us having a fire damage sale in the January window just to afford the wages demands of a failing manager, it is also a fact of the free market that he has the option of going elsewhere............................

Market value in a free market economy, jimmy, is not just driven by value for money, i.e. the consumer, the one doing the buying or paying the wages, wanting to get most for their wedge. It also has upwards pressure from the seller, or the one demanding the wages, trying to get the most cash possible. The balance of these two forces sets a market value which determines the standard price across the board. At the moment, 65k a week is the going rate for a manager of an top ten prem team, fact of life, because, unfortunately, there is not much pressure from the value-for-money side. Fans keep paying the ticket prices no matter what the price hikes are, fans keep subscribing to sky and setanta, fans keep buying the shirts. It's a seller's market, and the players/managers/money men know it. So until Everton fans stop going to Goodison in protest at the prices, stop watching them on sky and stop buying the shirt, i'm afraid Moyes is worth £65k a week, coz thats what we'd have to pay anyone

Market value in a free market economy, jimmy, is not just driven by value for money, i.e. the consumer, the one doing the buying or paying the wages, wanting to get most for their wedge. It also has upwards pressure from the seller, or the one demanding the wages, trying to get the most cash possible. The balance of these two forces sets a market value which determines the standard price across the board. At the moment, 65k a week is the going rate for a manager of an top ten prem team, fact of life, because, unfortunately, there is not much pressure from the value-for-money side. Fans keep paying the ticket prices no matter what the price hikes are, fans keep subscribing to sky and setanta, fans keep buying the shirts. It's a seller's market, and the players/managers/money men know it. So until Everton fans stop going to Goodison in protest at the prices, stop watching them on sky and stop buying the shirt, i'm afraid Moyes is worth £65k a week, coz thats what we'd have to pay anyone

If the top ten managers are on that sort of money why are Spurs reportedly trying to tempt Sparky with a similar sum, he can't be on anything like that, I doubt if Martin O'Neil gets that much. It was a sellers market but no more, look at housing, prime example. In the present economic climate value for money will be more and more the standard that we must aim for, we cannot afford his demands, if they are at this level.. I wonder how many shirts have been sold at our club shop today

If the top ten managers are on that sort of money why are Spurs reportedly trying to tempt Sparky with a similar sum, he can't be on anything like that, I doubt if Martin O'Neil gets that much. It was a sellers market but no more, look at housing, prime example. In the present economic climate value for money will be more and more the standard that we must aim for, we cannot afford his demands, if they are at this level.. I wonder how many shirts have been sold at our club shop today

Jimmy, you keep going on about how we can't afford it yet I'm sure if Lionel Messi was coming in you wouldn't be moaning if we were paying him in excess of 65k. He has the right to demand as much or in excess of managers at other similar clubs especially when he has consistently finished higher than those managers in the league on shoestring budget. It doesn't matter what Everton can or cannot afford, all that matters is what he is worth in todays market. Would you be happy sitting in a job doing the same work as everyone else, probably at a much higher standard, yet receiving less pay because the company says they can't afford you - or would you just go to another company where they pay what you're worth?

I don't with those that say that the manager needs to earn in excess of the players, in most businesses yes, in football no. Players bring in merchandising, ticket sales etc. I doubt the manager of LA Galaxy is on the $1m Beckham is on.

Jimmy, you keep going on about how we can't afford it yet I'm sure if Lionel Messi was coming in you wouldn't be moaning if we were paying him in excess of 65k. He has the right to demand as much or in excess of managers at other similar clubs especially when he has consistently finished higher than those managers in the league on shoestring budget. It doesn't matter what Everton can or cannot afford, all that matters is what he is worth in todays market. Would you be happy sitting in a job doing the same work as everyone else, probably at a much higher standard, yet receiving less pay because the company says they can't afford you - or would you just go to another company where they pay what you're worth?

I don't with those that say that the manager needs to earn in excess of the players, in most businesses yes, in football no. Players bring in merchandising, ticket sales etc. I doubt the manager of LA Galaxy is on the $1m Beckham is on.

Carl. we are up to our eyes in debt, Messi wouldn't touch us with a barge pole even if we offered him twice that so there is no weight to your argument at all.

Is Moyes worth that type of money, he would need to have won us something, to have won a game of note year in year out and he hasn't. I had hoped that we had done with his roller coaster seasons, I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel, there isn't. At present he is the manager of a team with one of the poorest defences in the COUNTRY, not just the prem, what cup runs have we had, last years Carling cup was a joke as soon as we got put against a big club we were beaten embarrassingly so. This seasons form is nothing new, remember the atrocious display against Florentine in Florence, his derby record is shameful yet you and other put him on a pedestal that he doesn't deserve. I used to be like you but after this lot he has lost my support totally.

Can you tell me why he won't tell us all what the problem has been with the contract, what does it matter if he is going to sign now.............................it is constant change of excuse none of it rings true to me. Is he worth £65,000 a week, no possibly about £40/45,000 which may be about average. I am now certain that Moyes cannot take us forward because he doesn't know how simple as that.

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Carl. we are up to our eyes in debt, Messi wouldn't touch us with a barge pole even if we offered him twice that so there is no weight to your argument at all.

Is Moyes worth that type of money, he would need to have won us something, to have won a game of note year in year out and he hasn't. I had hoped that we had done with his roller coaster seasons, I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel, there isn't. At present he is the manager of a team with one of the poorest defences in the COUNTRY, not just the prem, what cup runs have we had, last years Carling cup was a joke as soon as we got put against a big club we were beaten embarrassingly so. This seasons form is nothing new, remember the atrocious display against Florentine in Florence, his derby record is shameful yet you and other put him on a pedestal that he doesn't deserve. I used to be like you but after this lot he has lost my support totally.

Can you tell me why he won't tell us all what the problem has been with the contract, what does it matter if he is going to sign now.............................it is constant change of excuse none of it rings true to me. Is he worth £65,000 a week, no possibly about £40/45,000 which may be about average. I am now certain that Moyes cannot take us forward because he doesn't know how simple as that.

You will not be happy untill you get your way and he goes,come out and name the man you want, if its Irvine say so, and list his qualities and how much you would pay him

You will not be happy untill you get your way and he goes,come out and name the man you want, if its Irvine say so, and list his qualities and how much you would pay him

Lets try Boloni just for starters, he could see our tactics were to say the least quaint more like naive the other night. Paul Ince has out witted him twice this season, he's been a manager for how long and with what experience so don't be so bloody stupid to even suggest Moyes is irreplacable because like any manager he isn't and that is a fact.

Lets try Boloni just for starters, he could see our tactics were to say the least quaint more like naive the other night. Paul Ince has out witted him twice this season, he's been a manager for how long and with what experience so don't be so bloody stupid to even suggest Moyes is irreplacable because like any manager he isn't and that is a fact.

let's see where Everton and Blackburn end up at the close of the season then we can judge who is the better manager. To say Ince outwitted him twice is pushing it, Blackburn played the worst Everton team in about 5 years on the opening game of the season, we had Rodwell and Jags in midfield and even then Blackburn only won in the last minute with a goal that was offside. If it wasn't for Lescott we probably would have won and as I said, we had an absolutely abysmal team out. A manager is judged over the season, not 7-10 games. Man Utd are typically poor starters, but the invariably always end up first or second.

let's see where Everton and Blackburn end up at the close of the season then we can judge who is the better manager. To say Ince outwitted him twice is pushing it, Blackburn played the worst Everton team in about 5 years on the opening game of the season, we had Rodwell and Jags in midfield and even then Blackburn only won in the last minute with a goal that was offside. If it wasn't for Lescott we probably would have won and as I said, we had an absolutely abysmal team out. A manager is judged over the season, not 7-10 games. Man Utd are typically poor starters, but the invariably always end up first or second.

Who won those games and far more easily than any one would have thought? Come on Carl what about Boloni, he must have pissed himself laughing at our tactics last week talk about come into the garden said the spider to the fly we were that predictable it was an embarrassment and it was Moyes master plan. Remember I'm saying that Darling Davie can be replaced and that is an undoubted fact.

you will soon learn jim, your opinion doesnt matter. we have some elite blues on here who know more than you, live with it :lol:

Name names, Steve..................................... Its getting to the point where some will start asking for his head.

What was it last week, yes I'll sign by the weekend, this week it will be after the intwernational break, he is lying through the back of his teeth and he thinks we the fans will just accept any bloody thing he says, HE IS NOT IRREPLACEABLE

What gets me is he keeps making so many fucking stupid excuses, I've been concentrating on team matters is a belter, what fucking team is that. Bloody hell £65,000 a week for cocking up, my arse.

By the way did you notice that Manny is scoring at will for Valencia, skippering that side and getting rave reviews, and Moyes didn't want him for how much?

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Name names, Steve..................................... Its getting to the point where some will start asking for his head.

What was it last week, yes I'll sign by the weekend, this week it will be after the intwernational break, he is lying through the back of his teeth and he thinks we the fans will just accept any bloody thing he says, HE IS NOT IRREPLACEABLE

What gets me is he keeps making so many fucking stupid excuses, I've been concentrating on team matters is a belter, what fucking team is that. Bloody hell £65,000 a week for cocking up, my arse.

By the way did you notice that Manny is scoring at will for Valencia, skippering that side and getting rave reviews, and Moyes didn't want him for how much?

we are not saying he is irreplaceable no-one is, it is just some of us do not want him to go could you answer this question? would you sack him to-day?On Manny, along with a lot of Evertonians i have seen nearly every game he played for us,i did like him, but opinion was very split between us, i personally would not have taken a gamble on him, an awfull lot of people were just not sure of him and the number of times he played for us, he should have convinced us totally that he deserved a contract. also interestingly no premiership club came in for him.

we are not saying he is irreplaceable no-one is, it is just some of us do not want him to go could you answer this question? would you sack him to-day?On Manny, along with a lot of Evertonians i have seen nearly every game he played for us,i did like him, but opinion was very split between us, i personally would not have taken a gamble on him, an awfull lot of people were just not sure of him and the number of times he played for us, he should have convinced us totally that he deserved a contract. also interestingly no premiership club came in for him.

then the same can be said for fellaini, he was a risk, cost more than manny, manny spoke the language and already knew the system we played, no other club came in for fellaini too. any player is a risk.

not gettin on fellainis case there, just a comparison.

then the same can be said for fellaini, he was a risk, cost more than manny, manny spoke the language and already knew the system we played, no other club came in for fellaini too. any player is a risk.

not gettin on fellainis case there, just a comparison.

fair point,it is just Manny did have a good chance to impress but i dont think he fully grasped, it the other thing against him was possibly his size,Moyes did say we were short of a bigger physical presence in the midfield area, maybe that went against him.Only time will tell on this one

Really? He has only scored 1 goal this season for Valencia.

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._288661,00.html

David Villa is the Man for Valencia 10 goals in 8 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Competition .. Team ..... Apps.... goals

First Round Valencia...... (2) ...... 1

Spain Primera Valencia... 6 (0)... 6

Group 5 ........ Spain ...... 2 (0)... 3

Total ............................. 8+(2)...10 goals

So, purely hypothetically here mind, who would we want to replace Moyes? And assuming the takeover goes through, would we want some big name foreign manager? Personally, i wouldn't - I think too many clubs (the RS included) have sold their traditions as clubs down the river for a foreign manager, I'd prefer someone closer to home who has more of an idea what we're about. And while we're on the subject, I wouldn't want some big-name former Man Utd player in either - why do so many teams in the Prem assume that top-class players will maker top class managers, and give them jobs at the drop of the hat just coz they happened to play for Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc? Paul Ince managing blackburn is like us appoining Steve McManaman - now that would cause a riot!

Personally, i'd go for a manager who has proven himself in the Championship, bringing teams to the Prem and holding their own on a tight budget, working on the basis of a close-knit, well-organised side the way all of our best sides have played in the past 30 years. Irvine? Wait to see what he can do at Preston first, too early at minute. Jewell or Allardyce? Jewell's one of us so I'ms ure he'd jump at it, not sure about the quality of football him or big sam play though. Tony Mowbray? Well, why not - he certainly plays the right type of football and has got West Brom playing much more attractive stuff than us, with better players I think he could be a top manager. Any one who can get a side to win the Championship, probably the most physical league in Europe, playing the kind of football West Brom play gets my respect. (Same goes for Steve Coppell, by the way). Phil Brown? Well his CVs getting better and better, although Hull are undoubtedly on the crest of the wave at the moment, one that's lasted a year now - be interesting to see how well he does when they hit a dip in form. Aidy Boothroyd? Still relatively inexperienced but very well respected, apparently an awesome motivator and likes football played the proper way too.

Anyway, that'd be my shortlist, I'll throw it to the dogs :D

i like moyes, i dont want him to go, and i dont think us losing is his fault alone...but he is culpable and needs to take responsibility for the team...i think a lot of us should stop bitching to be honest.....many teams would kill to have moyes a man who brought us to european more years than not in his tenure, and im sure will get us out of a rut this season...

people are too fickle nowadays, when something goes wrong they shift the blame onto someone and try and use that to admonish the mistakes theyve made...at the end of the day its down to the XI on the pitch, and as a fan whether we play shit or play amazing, ill be singing its a grand old team til my voice is hoarse because thats what being a fan is......

Shit happens, sometimes it comes in storms, were in the eye of the storm at the moment, deal with it for fucks sake

moyes will either sign a contract or leave, well cross that bridge when we come to it, well either get taken over now or further down the line, well deal with that when we come to it, but its still 3 months to the transfer window and weve still got a lot of big games with the same players so im focusing on rooting for my team to do the best they can and get as many points as they can before christmas ;)

i like moyes, i dont want him to go, and i dont think us losing is his fault alone...but he is culpable and needs to take responsibility for the team...i think a lot of us should stop bitching to be honest.....many teams would kill to have moyes a man who brought us to european more years than not in his tenure, and im sure will get us out of a rut this season...

people are too fickle nowadays, when something goes wrong they shift the blame onto someone and try and use that to admonish the mistakes theyve made...at the end of the day its down to the XI on the pitch, and as a fan whether we play shit or play amazing, ill be singing its a grand old team til my voice is hoarse because thats what being a fan is......

Shit happens, sometimes it comes in storms, were in the eye of the storm at the moment, deal with it for fucks sake

moyes will either sign a contract or leave, well cross that bridge when we come to it, well either get taken over now or further down the line, well deal with that when we come to it, but its still 3 months to the transfer window and weve still got a lot of big games with the same players so im focusing on rooting for my team to do the best they can and get as many points as they can before christmas ;)

I've seen storms and I've seen shit. what is being served up by good class players at Goodison Park should not be happening but is and that makes it far far worse. You say Moyes will either sign or leave so while he dithers we got further down the pan, that is unacceptable to me the fan and to the lads that play for him. His mealy mouthed statements are becoming a joke, most people would jump at what hes got on the table for a weeks work to be their annual salary but he still hasn't signed. Fuck him off if he hasn't signed by a given deadline, my club is far bigger than that dithering git, once gone we can move on. The shit he came out with to Sky at the weekend was a joke, I will tell you why I haven't signed followed by five minutes waffle without any positive statement, you may be prepared to risk the future of our club I'm not.

I've seen storms and I've seen shit. what is being served up by good class players at Goodison Park should not be happening but is and that makes it far far worse. You say Moyes will either sign or leave so while he dithers we got further down the pan, that is unacceptable to me the fan and to the lads that play for him. His mealy mouthed statements are becoming a joke, most people would jump at what hes got on the table for a weeks work to be their annual salary but he still hasn't signed. Fuck him off if he hasn't signed by a given deadline, my club is far bigger than that dithering git, once gone we can move on. The shit he came out with to Sky at the weekend was a joke, I will tell you why I haven't signed followed by five minutes waffle without any positive statement, you may be prepared to risk the future of our club I'm not.

Forgive me for thinking that having moyes as our manager isn't a risk to our future, but rather securing it for our club. You're right he is not bigger than the club, and we need someone who is going to ensure that everton remain a dominant force for years to come, looking at the work moyes has done it isn't unrealistic to say that he can take us where we want to go? To you maybe, but you seem to think that because he's demanding more money he must be a money grubbing bastard we don't need and get someone for cheaper who will do a better job...so far the examples youve provided of who could take over dont instill me with confidence, or make me think that they will lead the club to new glory, they make me think of damage control, of managing a team to break even and hit the top 10 but no further up. We should be aiming for the top, moyes got us 4th and 5th and then 5th again, are you saying someone else could have done/will do meteorically better with the players and money we have?

if this is all about the money his contract costs then ultimately, you have to question how much you think moyes has done for the club. if you think a hell of a lot like me, then ill be happy to pay him if he gets us equal to or greater results than past seasons, if you think hes done sweet fa for us then yes you want him to go, but it seems that the contract talk and bad performances have unfortunately collided, and given fans an easy get-out argument for when people pin them down and say "why are we doing so shit?" oh it must be moyes' fault!

Of course it couldnt have anything to do with the fact that through injury and lack of transfer funds our squad was thinner than a bolemic water biscuit and that most of the players that have come back off injury havent been at 100%, im fed up of people putting all our poor form on moyes shoulders....at the end of the day the players on the pitch have to do the work, and i dont think theres a magic formula to why we are losing or how to win...weve conceeded lots of goals because our defending has been poor, our midfielers dont track back enough, and we hoof the ball too much giving the opponents an easy run, moyes is trying to correct this and we are improving slowly but surely, too later to stay int he uefa cup, but i dont think weve got a strong enough team to win a europe cup in any regard, not yet at least, if we had made some bigger moes over summer then maybe....

I think moyes is capable enough to get us to a higher level and that we would do well to hang onto him, all we need is a bit more shrewd business, a lot more improvement on the pitch, and a good kick up the arse...all of which we can give ourselves

At times I've thought Moyes was a brilliant manager, at other times I've scratched my head at some of his tactics.He has changed Evertons fortunes in the last few years, a 4th and a 5th are out of most teams grasp.I hope he's still learning and can get better, if he can I hope it's with us.

Is he irreplaceable.....NO!

Where did he come from?......from the lower divisions.It could hapen again, most of us had never heard of Moyes when he came.It's not about names, it's about heart, vision and character, add in a bit of luck and there's your new manager.

Moyes is still young for a manager, and he still makes fuck up's!!....don't we all!

He's going to sign the contract..........I just hope by the new year were not asking is he really worth it.

He can sign players and he can pick them to play! he can't make them perform.That's up to the players.

Forgive me for thinking that having moyes as our manager isn't a risk to our future, but rather securing it for our club. You're right he is not bigger than the club, and we need someone who is going to ensure that everton remain a dominant force for years to come, looking at the work moyes has done it isn't unrealistic to say that he can take us where we want to go? To you maybe, but you seem to think that because he's demanding more money he must be a money grubbing bastard we don't need and get someone for cheaper who will do a better job...so far the examples youve provided of who could take over dont instill me with confidence, or make me think that they will lead the club to new glory, they make me think of damage control, of managing a team to break even and hit the top 10 but no further up. We should be aiming for the top, moyes got us 4th and 5th and then 5th again, are you saying someone else could have done/will do meteorically better with the players and money we have?

if this is all about the money his contract costs then ultimately, you have to question how much you think moyes has done for the club. if you think a hell of a lot like me, then ill be happy to pay him if he gets us equal to or greater results than past seasons, if you think hes done sweet fa for us then yes you want him to go, but it seems that the contract talk and bad performances have unfortunately collided, and given fans an easy get-out argument for when people pin them down and say "why are we doing so shit?" oh it must be moyes' fault!

Of course it couldnt have anything to do with the fact that through injury and lack of transfer funds our squad was thinner than a bolemic water biscuit and that most of the players that have come back off injury havent been at 100%, im fed up of people putting all our poor form on moyes shoulders....at the end of the day the players on the pitch have to do the work, and i dont think theres a magic formula to why we are losing or how to win...weve conceeded lots of goals because our defending has been poor, our midfielers dont track back enough, and we hoof the ball too much giving the opponents an easy run, moyes is trying to correct this and we are improving slowly but surely, too later to stay int he uefa cup, but i dont think weve got a strong enough team to win a europe cup in any regard, not yet at least, if we had made some bigger moes over summer then maybe....

I think moyes is capable enough to get us to a higher level and that we would do well to hang onto him, all we need is a bit more shrewd business, a lot more improvement on the pitch, and a good kick up the arse...all of which we can give ourselves

That is a prime example of what I have been saying, he is overrated, that Emperor has no clothes. What has he done, what has won, whenever we get to a big game we flop. Look at our record against the so called big four, it a bloody joke, Phil Brown takes Hull to Highbury once and wins. He is not the big winner you lot make him out to be. wow we've won qualification for Europe three times getting pushed out in the first round twice. We made a semi final of the Carling cup and gave in against Chelsea. Moyes has had more money to spend than the majority of managers in the Prem so that excuse doesn't wash either and as for tactics, predictable in the extreme. Some supporters see fit to moan about Fellaini, I think he could make it but was he worth £15 mil, was he fuck but who spent it, Mr fucking Moyes.

That is a prime example of what I have been saying, he is overrated, that Emperor has no clothes. What has he done, what has won, whenever we get to a big game we flop. Look at our record against the so called big four, it a bloody joke, Phil Brown takes Hull to Highbury once and wins. He is not the big winner you lot make him out to be. wow we've won qualification for Europe three times getting pushed out in the first round twice. We made a semi final of the Carling cup and gave in against Chelsea. Moyes has had more money to spend than the majority of managers in the Prem so that excuse doesn't wash either and as for tactics, predictable in the extreme. Some supporters see fit to moan about Fellaini, I think he could make it but was he worth £15 mil, was he fuck but who spent it, Mr fucking Moyes.

Jim your posts are becoming erratic, they are like demented rantings and are not far off being offensive,fifth in the premiership and the four teams above us how much did they spend?it was a great effort by Moyes and the team whether you like it or not.you cannot be right all the time Jim,and there are other intelligent people on here who have a point of view and a right to challenge your opinions.

Jim your posts are becoming erratic, they are like demented rantings and are not far off being offensive,fifth in the premiership and the four teams above us how much did they spend?it was a great effort by Moyes and the team whether you like it or not.you cannot be right all the time Jim,and there are other intelligent people on here who have a point of view and a right to challenge your opinions.

and this discussion isn't really about right and wrong it's whether we believe moyes should stay or go based on his new contract, some think he should some don't....and personally i like to hear people's viewpoints on the subject, but i would hardly throw our inability in the face of moyes, i'd rather say the other team played better on the day and we were unforutnate. Losing to chelsea isn't like losing to havant and waterlooville, chelsea are a bloody brilliant team, and we have to acknowledge our strengths.

My point jim about us getting into europe was that the only teams above us are the big 4, which is saying something. Its hard to compete at their level and we should be glad of the vast improvements moyes has made.

This is about the future, and moyes has made such significant progress that we are incredibly dissapointed were not in europe again, which in itself speaks volumes about how far we've come. I think there's too much criticism going on, especially when we don't have another manager who the majority of the fans would feel confident leading the club to higher places....maybe phil brown but that would never happen.

you will soon learn jim, your opinion doesnt matter. we have some elite blues on here who know more than you, live with it :lol:

How about we stick to the football debate rather than making sly digs or belittling people?

Now moving on and back to the topic, great posts Regulator, I agree with all 3 of those posts 100%, particularly the fickle bit and the alternatives to Moyes not exactly instilling me with confidence.