IGNORED

Old Mother Riley

rubecula

It seems Mike Riley is to be the ref in the Derby.

He sent DM to the stands last year and has shown a lot of yellows already this season.

Is it too soon to get into a moan?

Never to soon to moan after the last derby game.Due a few decisions our way dont know if Riley will be any good though.Allways think he could do with a big pan of scouse down him might get him on our side if we give him a big bowl

I have just made a post on another thread with this topic in mind. I personally think the we should ALWAYS count the ref as a 12th man for the other team. The shocking lack of protection or basic decisions that we get is simply shocking. This coupled with match changing decisions. We should just go out there and play our game. Balls to the ref, he will do what he is going to do nayway, no matter what. Lets face it, we won't get a pen, they won't get a red unless its glaring and they will be awarded free kicks all day in dangerous areas. We might get the odd free kick if the ref realises he makes a howler, but it won't be to our genuine advantage.

We may be surprised, but why go in hoping or thinking it will be different. A pessimist is never disappointed, although I am constantly disappointed with the refereeing in our games. Riley is usually one of the worst.