IGNORED

Fellaini

jofanon

Early days I know but do you think he's is going to be a big hit here.

And by big hit I mean have the same impact as Cahill and Arteta.

I know a few of you have your doubts.

Early days though.

Personally, I've liked glimpses of what I've seen although I'm not sure if he is going to justify the £15m.

He's only played a few games as Berbatov has for the mancs and he's done fuck all there so far as has Robbie Keane at the shite and these fellas are in their mid to late 20's and have experience of the premiership so it's far too early to judge a young lad who's living in a foreign country. Only time will tell but I reckon he'll come good.

he appears to have all the physical attributes, and u can see the potental in his play at times.... fingers crossed

Well said, personally he could be a quality signing for us and when he learns the language we will see the passion he is supposed to have aswell as the physicall attributes!!!!

Come on screech!!!!

I think he'll come good after time but I said it when we bought him and I'll say it again - he's not worth that money and I doubt he ever will be, we got desperate and threw money at Liege.

Its a different league, different country, a quicker pace and a strange team, a goal would help him a lot. I believe Moyes when he said we had tracked the lad for sometime, if he doesn't pay off Moyes will have to carry the can. I remain positive that he will 'make it'

And ive said this in another post...................

I dont go along with these "he's only young, give him a bit of time" excuses, he has been playing for Standard since he signed as a 17 year old and has made over 85 appearances, in which time he has won the player of the season in the Belgium prem and became league champions last season.

He has cost us £15 million pounds and playing amongst our players who have shown no form at all, he should be standing out as MOTM every time he plays, but he hardly gets any votes at all.

FFS Even Jody Baxter a 16 year old schoolboy has got twice as many votes, why is everybody making excuses for him !! ? he should be a hell of a lot better than he has shown so far.

I'm going to go along with Mark on this, he might well improve and become a better player, but he doesnt look anything like a 15 million pound player.

I'm going to go along with Mark on this, he might well improve and become a better player, but he doesnt look anything like a 15 million pound player.

Remember he didnt choose his transfer fee. We were desperate and yes we definately paid over the odds for him, but lets give him some time and see him develop into the midfield powerhouse we all want(and desperately NEED) him to be.

Personally I would have liked to see us ease him into the team over the season, but needs must and we will see as it goes on whether or not he can cut it. Needs 2 seasons though for us to make a real judgement.

Remember he didnt choose his transfer fee. We were desperate and yes we definately paid over the odds for him, but lets give him some time and see him develop into the midfield powerhouse we all want(and desperately NEED) him to be.

Personally I would have liked to see us ease him into the team over the season, but needs must and we will see as it goes on whether or not he can cut it. Needs 2 seasons though for us to make a real judgement.

TWO SEASONS :o :o if he hasnt showed us in two months i'd fookin sell him come the january window.

And ive said this in another post...................

I dont go along with these "he's only young, give him a bit of time" excuses, he has been playing for Standard since he signed as a 17 year old and has made over 85 appearances, in which time he has won the player of the season in the Belgium prem and became league champions last season.

He has cost us £15 million pounds and playing amongst our players who have shown no form at all, he should be standing out as MOTM every time he plays, but he hardly gets any votes at all.

FFS Even Jody Baxter a 16 year old schoolboy has got twice as many votes, why is everybody making excuses for him !! ? he should be a hell of a lot better than he has shown so far.

Hmmmmmmmm in that case Bill what do you think of Moyes judgment in signing him and committing so much money in this one lad?

Hmmmmmmmm in that case Bill what do you think of Moyes judgment in signing him and committing so much money in this one lad?

Think it was a last minute decision, a panic buy if you like, Moyes said he had been watching his progress for the last 18 months but then spends 3 months of the close season chasing Moutinho, when that fell through money was heaped onto Liege to get him as Moutinho's replacement, M'BIA DEAL ALSO WENT TITS UP, SO THIS LAD WAS SEEN AS SOMEBODY WHO COULD DO BOTH JOBS. ( BOX TO BOX), dont think its worked out, like most panic deals, they often fall flat.

Theres an old Irish saying Jimmy, buy in haste, repent at leisure. ;)

Think it was a last minute decision, a panic buy if you like, Moyes said he had been watching his progress for the last 18 months but then spends 3 months of the close season chasing Moutinho, when that fell through money was heaped onto Liege to get him as Moutinho's replacement, M'BIA DEAL ALSO WENT TITS UP, SO THIS LAD WAS SEEN AS SOMEBODY WHO COULD DO BOTH JOBS. ( BOX TO BOX), dont think its worked out, like most panic deals, they often fall flat.

Theres an old Irish saying Jimmy, buy in haste, repent at leisure. ;)

So you think that Moyes has wasted £15 mil panic buying Bill?....................may be but I've seen far worse than that lad come good and I think he will make it, the price tag is another matter

So you think that Moyes has wasted £15 mil panic buying Bill?....................may be but I've seen far worse than that lad come good and I think he will make it, the price tag is another matter

I would confidently say it was a panic buy at an infalted price. But you cannot dispell that Fellaini is looking average and as someone else said "lazy". Maybe he needs better players around him or he needs more fitness, problem is with such a high price tag he should hit the ground running.

As i have said in another thread, I think he will do better in a 4 man midfield. He is being crowded out at the moment. The debry game was so crowded in midfield it was impossible for anyone in midfield to create anything in the centre of the park.

IMO Fellaini will do better with two up front, giving him a little more time and space in the middle of the park.

I don't think he is a lazy player, I think that he was scarred to commit to anything after his booking. I think he was one of our better players on sat. Once he gets used to the pace of the prem he'll be fine, this is not an age issue its just an adjustment issue. Most foreign players take some time to embed themselves into the prem. He has only just started out here so give him a little time, it was his home début so it would be worng to write him off so early.

As i have said in another thread, I think he will do better in a 4 man midfield. He is being crowded out at the moment. The debry game was so crowded in midfield it was impossible for anyone in midfield to create anything in the centre of the park.

IMO Fellaini will do better with two up front, giving him a little more time and space in the middle of the park.

I don't think he is a lazy player, I think that he was scarred to commit to anything after his booking. I think he was one of our better players on sat. Once he gets used to the pace of the prem he'll be fine, this is not an age issue its just an adjustment issue. Most foreign players take some time to embed themselves into the prem. He has only just started out here so give him a little time, it was his home début so it would be worng to write him off so early.

Nice assessment Jamie, it wasn't his fault we paid so much for him

Just been thinking about Fellaini!.......Seems we aren't that keen on giving him plenty of time to settle in!, and just maybe Moyes paid over the odds!

Then my mind went back to Jagielka, can't quite remember how much we paid for him, but I do remember how a lot of people myself included weren't impressed with him.Which ever position he played in he didn't really look prem material.

Now after last season a lot of us couldn't imagin the defence without him.Fellaini has come from what we all know is a very good team (dam it) and if as many say he was their best player then he will in time and in the right position come good.It can't be easy for a new player when the team are going through a dodgy patch.

Just been thinking about Fellaini!.......Seems we aren't that keen on giving him plenty of time to settle in!, and just maybe Moyes paid over the odds!

Then my mind went back to Jagielka, can't quite remember how much we paid for him, but I do remember how a lot of people myself included weren't impressed with him.Which ever position he played in he didn't really look prem material.

Now after last season a lot of us couldn't imagin the defence without him.Fellaini has come from what we all know is a very good team (dam it) and if as many say he was their best player then he will in time and in the right position come good.It can't be easy for a new player when the team are going through a dodgy patch.

£4m is what he cost. But good point about how we judged him at first. However he was played out of position alot when he first arrived.

The price of Fellaini is the problem I think. Personally I think he'll settle. He's had no time what-so-ever yet, he isn't the type of player to make an instant impact. When he gets setteled, and gets more space in the center, as I think he should, and also once he can read the game of others then he will come good. Im confident of that.

We paid a big price,we need to get over that and start judging him on his future performances not on the price we paid for him.