IGNORED

A Bit Tired Of The Same Old Story.

Wall Writer

Just read on the OS (http://evertonfc.co.uk/news/archive/lescott-s-apology.html) that Lescott has apologised for the team's poor display and being kicked out of the Carling Cup last night. Fair enough.

I'm just getting a bit sick already of hearing the same old story. After each match they bring out someone new who reiterates something along the following lines: "Yeah, we know we didn't perfom well enough and it's our own fault. We're not playing as a team, we're making mistakes, blah, blah, blah,,, and we owe it to the fans, it's time to step up and hopefully this next game will be the one which is going to kick-start our season."

The thing is our season should have kick-started itself in August, not waiting till bloody October. I'm just getting a little tired of hearing this story every week. It's time to get your acts together lads, once and for all; put your heads back on your shoulders, your feet back on the ground (or pitch, whatever), and start getting some results.

Just read on the OS (http://evertonfc.co.uk/news/archive/lescott-s-apology.html) that Lescott has apologised for the team's poor display and being kicked out of the Carling Cup last night. Fair enough.

I'm just getting a bit sick already of hearing the same old story. After each match they bring out someone new who reiterates something along the following lines: "Yeah, we know we didn't perfom well enough and it's our own fault. We're not playing as a team, we're making mistakes, blah, blah, blah,,, and we owe it to the fans, it's time to step up and hopefully this next game will be the one which is going to kick-start our season."

The thing is our season should have kick-started itself in August, not waiting till bloody October. I'm just getting a little tired of hearing this story every week. It's time to get your acts together lads, once and for all; put your heads back on your shoulders, your feet back on the ground (or pitch, whatever), and start getting some results.

But you would be equally sick of hearing nothing if they said nothing and just carried on.

What are they supposed to do? They need a psychological marker to progress, what is so wrong with that??

I think it is a trait of the modern press people, the club must always be producing press releases no matter how patronising or mundane they are. I'm pretty certain that the players themselves blush at what is put out in there name. There was a time when you only had quotes from the boss, no one else was allowed to open their mouths for fear of a fine, pity we can't go back to those days I feel because all of this type of statement is filler, in other words crap as the player doesn't write it and it must be censored

Yes, the same old twaddle from people who aren't performing. Funny thing is, that many of them have that word in their press releases. That word being "hopefully". Hopefully my arse! The fact that that word or similar is in there shows a lack of confidence and/or committment. If they really meant it, they would be shouting "we will...." from the rooftops.

However, performances of late against, let's be fair to say very average opposition, have given them a less than optimistic ootlook.

Then it's the managers job to lift 'em. Let's face it, on paper the current side is better than last year and performing worse. OK, the opposition have improved too, but really this is why Moyes gets the big bucks - to get the players he wanted to perfom.

The good thing is that we havn't played the top teams yet while we get our act together. I'd love us to win next time out, but realistically a draw would be fabulous both for the fans and the team's morale.

COYB