IGNORED

Chants

TOFFEE_BOY

haha i have just read the new Saha song post and lets be Honest but no body at everton realy has a chant, its Mikel Arteta, and the YAK who have chants, and i think that all you guys might have your own personal chants for certain players, and we need them to chant, so if anyone has any ideas for "GOOD" chants to sing at the Game please let us all know because im sik of when Cahill Scores and we have nothing to sing hahaha :lol:

p.s Anichebes song is funny thoo haha :D

any ideas :huh: ? also i havnt hered the new yakubu song sang at the game yet just 1 bloke stood up and sang it on his bill hahah :P

I thought I'd add 2-bob's worth here, but on a slightly different tack.

Many years ago someone at the club thought it would be a great idea to have a club song. Why not?......that other team across the park had one. (You'll never walk alone - remember?)

So they came up with the idea of the Z-Cars theme! Who the shit head was that thought of it should have been shot. Apart from not being a song at all it was a very poor attempt at trying to introduce an idea that the opposition had done first!

Consequently, the whole thing had a "cringe-factor" that was off the Richter Scale!

Even now, every time I hear that music I get a tingle down my spine....or is that a tinkle down my leg from shite supporters pissing themselves laughing.

I'm old and have never got over this. Perhaps younger people have accepted it because it's always been there.

Or maybe they hate it too. You have to say, it's hardly stirring stuff is it?

How about a little poll to see what others think???

I don't think it was ever intended as an Evertonian "YNWA." Liverpool don't run out to that do they? Different thing entirely.

Find it amazing that you still feel that way after it's been around for 45 years, but you're entitled to your opinion :) .

Feel free to put up a poll if you like.....I suspect you'll be in a fairly small minority.

Shortened history of Z-Cars with thanks to ToffeeWeb (the fact that some of it was filmed in Kirkby may get you a few votes Oz :lol: ).

The significance of Z-Cars is that it was set in an undefined area of Merseyside. The series was introduced in 1962 and was an instant hit. It was also a time when regional accents – previously so despised by the BBC establishment – where finally beginning to be heard more regularly on radio and television. Home Counties dominance of the media was being challenged be regional programmes like Z-Cars that were a bit more "cutting-edge" than the usual stuff on telly back then. Z-Cars was streets ahead of its nearest London rival – the cosy and comfortable Dixon of Dock Green... but that's another story.

Z-Cars was based in a fictitious district just outside Liverpool called "Newtown". The setting was one of the new overspill towns that were springing up around British cities after World War II to re-house people after the German blitz and move them out of city-centre Victorian slums.

Most people identified "Newtown" with Kirkby, then in Lancashire, now in Merseyside. The policemen had Lancashire police badges on their hats, not Liverpool ones. Many of the location scenes were actually filmed in Kirkby.

The catchy theme tune chosen by the BBC to herald the Z-Cars series was the music from an old Liverpool folksong called Johnny Todd. And one of the fans, who played PC Sweet on the front desk, was an Evertonian; one day he brought a few of the cast to watch the team. In recognition of that, the team came out on the field to the Z-Cars theme, it has stuck ever since.

It was all about another group of Boys in Blue. Whatever the reason, the theme was introduced midway through the 1963-64 season and became a clarion call for generations of Evertonians.

The original Z-Cars theme was a more sedate fluted version, which Everton first played. A more punchy version was recorded, aimed at the pop charts with some nice saxophone – it was a hit. Everton adopted the punchy version, as did the TV series. This is the version Everton still use today. A revamped version of the tune was also done in 1997 by the group Blueknowz and is available on Tape or CD from the Everton Megastore.

Former Everton Chairman, Peter Johnson, knows to his cost that the Z-Cars theme is an Everton tradition which cannot be trifled with. In the 1994-95 season, a new Everton theme tune was introduced (Fanfare for the Common Man), and the Z-Cars theme was actually dropped for a period. This brazen attempt to jazz things up by riding roughshod over the views of traditional fans was met with derision and condemnation. Within a few short weeks, the experiment was over, and the magical flute of the Z-Cars theme was re-introduced by Joe Royle when he re-joined the club as manager in November 1994.

In the good old days, the teams did not run out together, as they do now. The strains of Z-Cars echoing around the towering Goodison Stands would herald the arrival of Everton in those famous Royal Blue jerseys and white shorts, running out onto a pristine green Goodison turf... a special moment guaranteed to bring out the goose-bumps in every true-blue Evertonian.

Little Timmy Cahill

Scores another goal

Little Timmy Cahill

In a league of his own

Watch when he starts running

He's headed for the net

Defenders try to stop him

They aint seen nothing yet

When your keeper stands well off his line then you suffer

Tim Cahill everytime

sung to Superstitious by Stevie Wonder

what dyu reckon?

Little Timmy Cahill

Scores another goal

Little Timmy Cahill

In a league of his own

Watch when he starts running

He's headed for the net

Defenders try to stop him

They aint seen nothing yet

When your keeper stands well off his line then you suffer

Tim Cahill everytime

sung to Superstitious by Stevie Wonder

what dyu reckon?

Christmas No.1?

Ok, i've tried my hand a writng one to get in the spirit of it all. How about this one, to the tune of Lord of the Dance

Sa- Ha, where ever he may be.

He's been plauged by injury

but when he plays,

he is fucking class,

he'd score more goals if he wasn't made of glass.

:mellow: