IGNORED

Cahill Sending Off

toffee77

Not a sending off for me. Should appeal.

Very quiet today, but our tactics was hoof it anywhere and the Yak wasn't quick enough to chase the balls being fed. When Saha came on there was a bit of spark. Saha a full starter for me now. The 4-5-1 doesn't work without Carsley. Extremely surprised Neville was picked at DM, I thought Castillo was a definate. And you can see why we have conceded so many from set pieces as we don't mark the man at the back post.

if the ref calls you over for a booking, you go over and take the fucking booking, you dont walk away like your ashley fucking cole, or you wind up the fucking ref and he sends you off fir desent. what a prick cahill was today

If that was the case then he would have been shown 2 yellow cards, but it was a straight red so I reckon it was just for the tackle.

Only has himself to blame, this is why i say Cahill would not be in my team if we went 4-4-2.

In a 4-5-1 he is slighltly more forward and is often the tackled rather than the tackler, and other than his Goals contribution he doesnt offer a lot in the midfield area. The lad cannot tackle to save his life, any tackle of Cahills is so mistimed he risks a booking with every one, but cant put any blame on him for the defeat cos he, along with Neville and Jagielka were the only ones to show any sort of fight.

not a sendin off for me wasnt two footed hes trailing leg comes in after and he doesnt leave the ground! arbeloa's was worse than that when he went in just below the knee and missed the ball but he only got booked! also torres pissed me off yesterday he dived and got nothin and only got booked after moanin 100 times at riley and yak got booked for goin down once? no consistency from the refs and riley is a fuckin joke!

Not a red, but no chance of an appeal. The whole respect campaign will immediatley allow the red card to stand. If indeed as many people are saying that the red would have been shown anyway, regardless of him walking away, then maybe, but due to the fact that he showed disrespect by ignoring the whistle and refusing to walk over, we won't win any appeal.

as soon as the tackle went in i thought "red" then the replays showed i was wrong, but the ref thought otherwise. prick.

:P This post made me laugh Aaron. You said that you saw the tackle for the first time and thought it was a red, the ref thinks the same, but you call him a prick! Genius.

Seriously though, It was a harsh red for the challenge. But I think he probably was shown the red because of his reaction. Even if that is not how it should work.

Note:- I'm not trying to take the piss (too much) out of you Aaron. Just that the irony of your post made me chuckle.

Not a red, but no chance of an appeal. The whole respect campaign will immediatley allow the red card to stand. If indeed as many people are saying that the red would have been shown anyway, regardless of him walking away, then maybe, but due to the fact that he showed disrespect by ignoring the whistle and refusing to walk over, we won't win any appeal.

Sums it uip nicely, Riley was a prick but then again so was Tim

:P This post made me laugh Aaron. You said that you saw the tackle for the first time and thought it was a red, the ref thinks the same, but you call him a prick! Genius.

Seriously though, It was a harsh red for the challenge. But I think he probably was shown the red because of his reaction. Even if that is not how it should work.

Note:- I'm not trying to take the piss (too much) out of you Aaron. Just that the irony of your post made me chuckle.

I noticed that myself Jamie but gave a fellow blue the benefit of the doubt. :P

Did any one see Chris Kamara's analyse that incident on Sky this morning..................you can see Riley, having called Tim over, say to the fourth official via his microphone 'I think I'll give him a red' suggesting that it was an arbitrary decision possibly triggered by Tim's actions

you can see Riley, having called Tim over, say to the fourth official via his microphone 'I think I'll give him a red' suggesting that it was an arbitrary decision possibly triggered by Tim's actions

In which case he needs to take it back. If he'd given two yellows....for the foul and then dissent there'd be no argument, but he didn't.

Phil Brown was just on the radio and he mentioned it as a wrong decision (without even being asked about it specifically).