IGNORED

Standard Liege (2nd Leg Away)

EFCfanatic

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EvertonTV are showing it

EvertonTV is paper-view though isnt it? I'm wondering whether there is a streaming site that will allow me to watch the game for free. I remember last time when we played at home there was some random site that was posted in the '1st Leg' Thread and most of us were watching the game on it.

Channel 5 at 6.30 (6.40 ko).

If, for whatever reason, you can't get Channel 5 you'll find a stream here http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

Thanks a lot for that Mike. I like to be on the forum when the game is on so I want to be able to watch it from my computer. I prefer to have music in the background too kick out any worries. :P

Cheers for the link.

Got some of the interviews off Evertonfc.com for those that are interested. I just got the talking parts because the text was facts we already know (Results, Fixtures, Name)

Tim Howard

"Last year we were resilient and we went there and got the goals we needed. They were a difficult side and now we are sitting here faced with the same challenge as last year so we hope we can draw on that experience."

"People say you want to play the away leg first but I have played European football for five seasons now and I am not entirely sure that is always the right way," he declared. People have been schooled to say that, but I see it differently. Okay, they have two away goals but we now know what we have to do and our goals are going to count for more. I think we are right where we want to be."

"The mood is still positive," he insisted. "It has to be. It’s no secret that we haven’t started the season the way we would like to have done. It hasn’t been up to out standards and everybody is trying to be part of the solution because if you aren’t then you are part of the problem. We have to go and win one game. You can pick it apart and dissect it but at the end of the day we have to win one game against a side we know we can beat."

Phil Neville

''We brag about how great the spirit is here – now we have got to show that it is not a myth,” said Neville.

''Things have not been going well so far but now we the players have got to put our balls on the line for this Club. We can’t have any regrets when we walk off the pitch on Thursday night – and I don’t believe we will. We have been building something for the past couple of years and we want it to come to fruition in the long-term – so we have got to believe we can win this game.''

''Let’s go over to Belgium thinking positively.''

“I’d be lying if I said everything has been plain sailing since we finished fifth," Neville conceded. "But they are things that should not really impact on us. I’ve heard suggestions that the manager’s contract has had an effect but that is not true.

“I’ve not heard it mentioned in the dressing room once. The only thing the players are bothered about is getting good results for this club and we are all hurting that we haven’t done that consistently yet. But, take it from me, we intend to change that this week

“If I’m honest, I think Liege are there to be beaten,” he continued. I saw them play Liverpool and I was impressed but sometimes there is a danger that you can build a side up to be better than they actually are. We need to have belief and look at the bigger picture. Yes they played well at Goodison but look at the goals they scored – they were both defensive errors. That tells it’s own story.

“I’m positive that we can go over there and score. We just have to keep things tight.”

Tony Hibbert

"I have been back training for a week and I felt alright in the first half. I was thankful that the gaffer gave me the nod and any local lad wants to play in the derby. It is a very big game," declared Hibbert, whose family were regulars on the supporters' European trips last season. The family keep me informed of the way days and it's great for the fans to have these trips. It is another cup and I think we should be better than what we are at the moment."

Quite a lots been said on here about how Liege have got a really good record at home but the way I see it these records are made to be broken, take Croatia for example before England played over there last month everyone built up loads of fuss about how they'd never lost a home competitive game but we went there and won easily. I'm not saying that we're gonna go over there and score 4 in fact I'm as worried about watching the game tonight as everyone else seems to be. I just think we need to save the negative comments etc. til the games over and get behind our team COYB!!!!!!

This game seems to attract scouts from everywhere in Europe. Her's the official list (from SL website)

Pour la GRANDE-BRETAGNE:

- BIRMINGHAM CITY FC

- ASTON VILLA

- SHEFFIELD FC

- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

- MIDDLESBROUGH FC (reportedly for Defour)

- RANGERS FC

- ARSENAL FC

- BLACKBURN ROVERS

- NEWCASTLE FC

- SUNDERLAND

- PORTSMOUTH (hands off, Bagpuss!)

Pour l’ALLEMAGNE

- BORUSSIA DORTMUND

- HANNOVER 96

- HAMBURGER SV

- WOLFSBURG VFL (for Dante)

- FC KOLN (for Dante)

- FC SCHALKE (for Witsel)

Pour la FRANCE

- OGC NICE (for Witsel and Mbokani)

Pour l’ITALIE

- CALCIO CATANIA (for Camozzato and Dante)

Pour les PAYS-BAS

- AJAX (definitely for Defour, we got him from under their noses 3 years ago and they are still seething, haha!)

Note: Brackets are mine from various press reports I read during the summer transfer window.

I fear if you qualify there'll be a massive exodus come January. Money talks.

TV link for tonight's game (commentary should obviously be in French, but does it really matter except you'll chuckle at the way english names are pronounced?): http://www.rtlinfo.be/others/livevideo/pop..._live_foot.html

Enjoy the game, have fun, have a couple of beers or TV dinner (or both) and see you again in over 2 hours (bar extra-time and pens) for the banter! COYR!

BTW, no news reports whatsoever about fights, stabbing etc.

Edited by FromBelgium

David Moyes has handed Louis Saha a starting berth for tonight's Uefa Cup clash with Standard Liege.

The French international striker will partner Yakubu in attack as the manager makes two changes from the side that started against Liverpool at the weekend.

Marouane Fellaini is unavailable after playing for Liege in the Champions League qualifier, whilst Joseph Yobo drops out of the starting line-up in order to accomodate the return to the starting line-up of Leighton Baines.

Joleon Lescott will switch over from left back to the centre of defence alongside Phil Jagielka.

Leon Osman, Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta and Phil Neville will fill the midfield positions.

Yobo has to settle for a place on the bench alongside Segundo Castillo, Nuno Valente, the fit-again Steven Pienaar, Jack Rodwell and Victor Anichebe.

It is Pienaar's first inclusion in an Everton squad this term after recovering from the broken toe he sustained against PSV Eindhoven in pre-season.

Everton: Howard; Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines; Arteta, Neville, Cahill, Osman; Saha, Yakubu. Subs: Nash, Yobo, Valente, Rodwell, Castillo, Pienaar, Anichebe.

Didn't see Yobo's omission coming :o . Reserve judgment for now :) .

TV link for tonight's game (commentary should obviously be in French, but does it really matter except you'll chuckle at the way english names are pronounced?): http://www.rtlinfo.be/others/livevideo/pop..._live_foot.html

Enjoy the game, have fun, have a couple of beers or TV dinner (or both) and see you again in over 2 hours (bar extra-time and pens) for the banter! COYR!

BTW, no news reports whatsoever about fights, stabbing etc.

Thanks for the link. Dont post on here much but always grateful of info. Lets hope our luck is in for once tonight.

Absolutely pathetic again, they looked so nervous in the first 10-15 mins but even then we didn't look remotely dangerous, as summed up by one of the worst free-kicks ever from Baines. The goal once again highlighted how inept out midfield are without Carsley sitting there, we just let the midfielder run for 20 yards unopposed to line up a shot which led to the goal. They're sitting back but we look so slow with our build up, we look even more embarrassing than in the derby as Liege are actually letting us have the ball but all we can do is pass sideways or backwards, there is absolutely no movement (particularly Yakubu who just seems content diving every 5 minutes). I'm a massive fan of Moyes but apart from last season when Pienaar, Osman and Arteta were in the same team we've virtually never played good football, it's a shambles today. I'll give him time to turn it around, as he deserves it on what he has done for the club, but I am starting to wonder whether he stumbled upon the 451 which worked so well, more due to blind luck than brilliant judgement as at the moment he doesn't seem to have a clue what formation/team/system to play. We look toothless.