IGNORED

Standard Liege (2nd Leg Away)

EFCfanatic

Well that was utter shite. There wasn't a drop of quality for us in that half, pathetic. For all our pretty passing where did it get us? Fucking nowhere. Why? Because we play so fucking slow it works against us. Then you add that our movement off the ball is abysmal and it's just not going to work. We have no creativity whatsoever out there, Arteta is invisible and Osman looks lost. Also, when you have midfielders who won't turn with the ball but will play the ball back to the defence how do you expect to get anywhere? We could have had 100% of the possession tonight and we still wouldn't do anything. We could have prevented their goal if Hibbert hadn't been asleep. Get him off, not just because of that mistake but we may as well not even bother attempting attacking down the right because he can't go past anyone. Get Cahill off as well and bring Pienaar on, then we can shift Osman into the middle.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yak's rubbish - so much for him saying in the summer that getting married would make him a better player! Too much of the other I think. I think we miss Alan Irvine taking notes during the match then changing things around. Things haven't gone so well since he went.

I.m off for another glass and some positive thinking during the 2nd half. COYB

Howard: Looked OK, great save before the goal just dissapointed he didnt make more of an effort with the cross - maybe it was just too high for him.

Hibbert: Looks good going foreward linking up well with people but the goalscorer was his man and he alone must take the blame for the goal.

Jagielka: Superb first half performance, him and Neville have been our best players.

Lescott: Hasn't been as bad as I though he would be, needs to get involved more.

Baines: Not seen him get too involved yet and could have easily been booked for that tackle outside the area.

Neville: Looking good. Showing good leading spirit and managing to push up well. Another good game from the skipper.

Osman: Doing well also, needs to get more shots off as we know he can hit a ball. Needs to be more attacking.

Arteta: OK

Cahill: Doing well. Just hoping he'll show some flair from somewhere and head a goal home - If Arteta gets a set-piece right he'll be on the scoresheet tonight.

Saha: Needs to get more shots on target. He ain't gonna score if he dosen't make the keeper work

Yakubu: Doing a good job holding up the play as our big-man. Good first 45.

This is a fucking joke.

We should be able to beat Liege anyway, but Defour, who's arguably been their best player, should have been off after 20 mins - he puts his hand on his head as he brings Saha down from behind with the ball nowhere because he KNOWS he's just got his second yellow, but once again we get stiffed by a ref!

Hibbert is shite, get him off. Neville to RB, Castillo into midfield and Peanuts for Cahill. And a fucking rocket up their collective arses from Moyes!!

Some peeps seem to forget we are playing a very good side, they seem comfortable soaking up the pressure but when they break they are very good. An excellent performance from a team who are well organised and look very comfortable.

We will huff and puff all night and not break them down unless changes are made. :(

They may be a good side Licker but the annoying part is we don't look like scoring. We need to sort ourselves out before we can start to challenge the Liege team. The thing that is annoying me most is bar Jagielka, Neville and occasionally Osman we don't seem interested. It's not a surprise that the three players that are playing thier hearts out tonight are players that are English & Loving the Club. If we didnt have Neville we would be screwed. I'm not watching the second-half, just check on Sky Sports for our updates.

Yes.

Standard Liege = 2

Everton FC = 1

It's 3-3 on aggregate at the moment but Liege would win on Away Goals. We need another goal to try and take the game into Extra-Time. I feel with Anichebe, even though I dont rate him we are better. With three attackers we will be able to play a more offensive game and this could get us through.

COYB!

67 Goal for Everton! - An absolute shocker from the Leige keeper. Aragon fumbles the ball twice and Jagielka is on hand in the pen area to hit an equaliser. Jagielka's first goal of the season and a vital one at that!

Edited by dark

Liege penalty.

What's annoying is it wasn't a penalty. Two defenders were around the player but Jagleika (I think it was) didn't foul him at all. A clean tackle and one which did not in any way deseve a penalty. All Jovanovic has to do now is score from 12 yards to send us back home in a nightmare.

It's gone in, feel sorry for Howard. He went the right way and managed to get a firm hand onto it. Just a pity he hit it with the side of his palm and directed it into his own net. We now sit looking at the exit door of Europe following Jocanovic's penalty goal. I suppose we can kiss goodbye to any success this season. Gutted.

Edited by dark

yet another sub standard performance. No class no ideas and no quality!!!!

a championship standard team have totally ouplayed us and deserved to go through!!

tomorrow we will hear the same old crap : no lack of commitment, we have the quality, we will come good next game etc etc

If we arent careful our season will be over, already out of league cup and uefa, wont be long till some league 1 team puts us out of the fa cup and we will be playing for a mid table prem finish ( at best!!!)

Sorry for the negativity but really struggling for any positives this season so far!!!!

I fear our season has just ended. I'm also not sure Moyes will still be in charge by the time the Newcastle game comes around. He said after we got through against Kharkiv that if we'd have lost he would have resigned because he wouldn't have thought he could take us any further, well...

Time to look for a new manager methinks....