IGNORED

Next Up "the Shite"

Steve L

Ok then but if he doesnt cheer when BT gets his hat trick on Saturday i think you should re consider your situation  :D

IF Beattie scores a derby hat trick then I will dance around Lime street butt naked singing You'll never walk alone to all the RS fans that are catching the train back to Essex. (Thats a lot of R/S fans)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Duncan played for anyone else and done the same would we still be sitting here and calling him a legend for the team he played for.

Did he do the same at Newcastle???? scored some important goals got injured. Not sure if he was sent off??? do Newcastle fans call him a legend, or great or even a good bye????

Ahh BIG DUNC

Signed in 1994

Has received 8 red cards whilst in a blue shirt

Has received 32 Yellow cards whilst in a blue shirt.

That equates to....

7 x 3 + 1 x 7 = 28 game ban for red card offences

32/5 = 6 game yellow card ban

add to this the month that he spent in jail, (where he potentially missed 4 games) - thats a total of 38 games missed through suspension.

THATS ONE SEASON IN EVERY 10 THAT HE MISSES THROUGH SUSPENSION ALONE!

Hardly worthy of legendary status...but on the other hand...

He is the only player that has held a tourch for this club whilst others left as the wheels fell off.

Big Dunc is the only iconic figure of the 90's that evertonians could look at for inspiration of some sort. Ok, he has made some dreadful mistakes in his playing career - but who else has shown the same passion? Who else has shown the grit and determination when faced with relegation and massive amounts of criticism from the footballing world...?

Big Dunc - he is the only one...is that enough to put a picture of him in the hall of fame at Goodison? Some would say yes.

Not too sure on this one anymore :unsure: , I can see what people are trying to say, but it still galls me to think how he has put his own temper and foolishness before the good of the club.

IF he comes on against the RS, and IF he scores no-one will cheer louder than me, but I reserve the right to think he is not a legend.

ATB

Mac

Not too sure on this one anymore  :unsure: , I can see what people are trying to say, but it still galls me to think how he has put his own temper and foolishness before the good of the club.

IF he comes on against the RS, and IF he scores no-one will cheer louder than me, but I reserve the right to think he is not a legend.

ATB

Mac

Everyone to their own fine sir.

If he comes on in the Derby and slapps Stevie la i believe it will be a fitting end to his career and i will still speak of him while i'm sucking worthers original with my grandson on my knee!

Not too sure on this one anymore  :unsure: , I can see what people are trying to say, but it still galls me to think how he has put his own temper and foolishness before the good of the club.

ATB

Mac

Mac, thats fair enough. I love the guy - wouldn't change a thing about him - why? because we know what to expect so we can factor in his appalling disciplinary record!! and it adds a temper to the game that we do not see at many other clubs and its great to watch and there is a sort of pride that goes with it.

As for Unsy, yes he gave his all and yes you can never say that he isn't a true blue through and through - but he just didn't have that 'edge' for me that makes someone stand out from the crowd.

good defender though - we should never have allowed him to leave and go to West Ham - a massive failing in evertons transfer history - we gave him away just as he was coming good and verging on an international cap again! (and to think that we swapped him and CASH for Danny (never to appear) WIlliamson)

I think someone has mentioned this on another thread, but here we go - Defenders will never receive the adoration reserved for strikers or classy midfielders (except perhaps Roberto Carlos).

As a footballing club with a solid history in appreciating hard grafters who give all for the cause, we have a fine record of dedicated defenders who bleed blue, this tradition continues in Weir and Stubbs. Not gifted players, but they give a sh*t about what they do and who they do it for.

Maybe it's an age thing, but I love to see a player go to games even when they are injured/suspended, I like to see a player wear his heart on his sleeve. Because of opinion differences we will never come to a conclusion, but I like to hear other peoples opinions. (even if they're wrong) :P:P:P:P

ATB

Mac