IGNORED

Everton's Most Underrated Player

lawrietimson

Who do you all think it is???

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Josheph Yobo, I put him up there with Arteta and Cahill, but because he is a defender and he does what he needs to with minimal fuss, he doesn't get as much credit as other players and just seems a player who doesn't stand out, even though he is a great footballer.

Disscuss ;) ...

So if everyone thinks he's brilliant and he's had an England call-up how (and by who) is he under-rated :huh: ?

I've been banging on about Ossie for a couple of years when no-one seemed to rate him but people seem to be coming round now (Saturday excluded :( ).

Obviously with hindsight Lee Carsley would have fitted the bill for the last couple of years.

Find it hard to come up with one for this season so far, pretty much all of them come under "over-rated."

Jags is just one of the few who's performing to expectation.

So if everyone thinks he's brilliant and he's had an England call-up how (and by who) is he under-rated :huh: ?

I've been banging on about Ossie for a couple of years when no-one seemed to rate him but people seem to be coming round now (Saturday excluded :( ).

Obviously with hindsight Lee Carsley would have fitted the bill for the last couple of years.

Find it hard to come up with one for this season so far, pretty much all of them come under "over-rated."

Jags is just one of the few who's performing to expectation.

Agreed. Jags is quality and this has been recognised, the fact everyone says every week "wow what a good game he had" shows he is not underrated, top that off with International recognition. Fans never talked about Carsley until he left.

Ossie on the other hand is underrated IMO. I have always like Ossie, very good close control of the ball and can score goals too. In a team where he has a bit more freedom and less emphasis on getting back to defend he would be awesome.

I think all the present squad have some sort of rating be it good or bad. To me the essence of an underrated player has to be one that is criticised by a big slice of fans but the side goes tits up when they are not there, Lee Carsley is a prime example. If any has been underrated so far this term it would have to be Pip, loads still have a go at him, none more than me last term, but so far this term he has done a good job as long as Moyes keeps him as full back

Who do you all think it is???

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Josheph Yobo, I put him up there with Arteta and Cahill, but because he is a defender and he does what he needs to with minimal fuss, he doesn't get as much credit as other players and just seems a player who doesn't stand out, even though he is a great footballer.

Disscuss ;) ...

Phil Jagielka. A rock in defense. Has come along in leaps and bounds. Very rarely puts a foot wrong and is unfased by the sense of occasion of a match. He preforms just as well in the league as he does in europe. I do actually love this man now.

Neville, Yobo, Jagielka,

phil neville, the lad cant do right in some blind eyes. stuck with the stagma of being a manc and the whole not good enough for them why good enough for us crap. tries harder than anyone else on the field but most just cant give him the credit he deserves. our player of the season so far, and the only one who seems as hurt at the final whistles as we do.

phil neville, the lad cant do right in some blind eyes. stuck with the stagma of being a manc and the whole not good enough for them why good enough for us crap. tries harder than anyone else on the field but most just cant give him the credit he deserves. our player of the season so far, and the only one who seems as hurt at the final whistles as we do.

Spot on Steve, we sing from the same hymn sheet mate :rolleyes:

To be honest, i don't know whether he's underrated but Leighton Baines certainly isn't being given much of a chance to prove himself. In the first match i saw a glimpse of what is a promising player for us, he played LMF that match and did a solid job, linking up play and getting back to defend as well putting some nice balls in the box. Overall i think he's a better crosser of the ball than Lescott, and he's a solid leftback albeit a little more lightweight. But against a club like liege where their winger tore lescott apart i think baines' pace and resiliance would come in handy.

I certainly think he is undervalued here as lescott takes preference when i think baines deserves a shout. Moyes eems to test him out and then think he's a weak link if we play shit, when relaly as saturday proved even with our (almost) strongest first team we can still get torn to pieces. Its about finding the right formula.

Im not having that, underrated :huh: steve ask someone who knows's a bit about football who isnt an evertonian what they think of phil neville, he trys hard and he does actually want to win but technically he's one of the worst players I have watched at Goodison in the last 5 years, thats my honest opinion, I dont no if you like him hoofing the ball up to no one at least 5 times everygame but tbh im fed up of it, his positional play is a joke, it seems everytime we concede a goal its down his side.

most underrated player in are team now? Jagielka or Pienaar.

Im not having that, underrated :huh: steve ask someone who knows's a bit about football who isnt an evertonian what they think of phil neville, he trys hard and he does actually want to win but technically he's one of the worst players I have watched at Goodison in the last 5 years, thats my honest opinion, I dont no if you like him hoofing the ball up to no one at least 5 times everygame but tbh im fed up of it, his positional play is a joke, it seems everytime we concede a goal its down his side.

Can't you turn your head to the other side of the pitch where Lescott plays? Or a bit further back where Howard stands on the goal line?

Im not having that, underrated :huh: steve ask someone who knows's a bit about football who isnt an evertonian what they think of phil neville, he trys hard and he does actually want to win but technically he's one of the worst players I have watched at Goodison in the last 5 years, thats my honest opinion, I dont no if you like him hoofing the ball up to no one at least 5 times everygame but tbh im fed up of it, his positional play is a joke, it seems everytime we concede a goal its down his side.most underrated player in are team now? Jagielka or Pienaar.

What team have you been watching this season?

For better or worse Blue4ever hates Neville. We ain't gonna change his view so we may as well accpet it as his opinion and move on. Everyone is entitled to there own personal views. Wheter they are right or wrong is not for us to decide.... though i do think that he is wrong on this one :P

Takes all sorts no matter what way they look at things

Look at what he has won you cannot win all those trophies if you are a bad player no team could carry a player that long my underated player would be Osman or Neville

Look at what he has won you cannot win all those trophies if you are a bad player no team could carry a player that long

You also don't get 52 England caps over nine yeas if you're crap.....so it would appear that people who know about football (notably five England managers) who aren't Evertonians do rate him.

But Blue4Ever is (as has been said) entitled to his opinion :whistle: .

i know one man, he knows a lot about football, he isnt an evertonian, and he happens to be the most successful manager the premiership has seen.

im sure SAF knows a bit.

you pick on pip for the long balls, yet lescott jags and yobo get away with it? if our whole back four play the long ball so often do you not think DM may have included it in his tactics?

as others have said, you wont be convinced. shame really, coz you just sound a bit foolish with your constant hatred of him.

i know one man, he knows a lot about football, he isnt an evertonian, and he happens to be the most successful manager the premiership has seen.

im sure SAF knows a bit.

you pick on pip for the long balls, yet lescott jags and yobo get away with it? if our whole back four play the long ball so often do you not think DM may have included it in his tactics?

as others have said, you wont be convinced. shame really, coz you just sound a bit foolish with your constant hatred of him.

:smile_anim:

Jags, he should definatly be england's back up CB after rio and terry

Everton 4 England

Joleon Lescott

Phil Neville

Phil Jagielka

Leighton Baines

James Vaughan

For me when thier at thier best I would expect any of the above to get into Capello's team. Neville especially deserves a place in there.

Everton 4 England

Joleon Lescott

Phil Neville

Phil Jagielka

Leighton Baines

James Vaughan

For me when thier at thier best I would expect any of the above to get into Capello's team. Neville especially deserves a place in there.

Blue Tinted Glasses.

I wouldn't say many of them deserve a place in Capello's starting line-up, even when on form.

Baines and Vaughn in particular have done very very little to prove they are of England quality. J.Lo and Jags could and should make the squad but will never get past Terry and Ferdinand in the centre.

He's not played for us yet - ATM he's been good at Preston and mediocre at Wigan. He looked OK in the warm-up against Liverpool but until I see him play I'll continue to plead for Stefan to return.

Ow i didnt know he hadnt played for us yet

LOL i was joking mate!

but it made me giggle anyways that you said he looked good in the warm up :)