IGNORED

Penalty Or No Penalty

Memmaclub

So I don't understand why Yak didn't get a penalty whe skirtel blatantly blocked him off in the first 15 mins.

Baring in mind that cahill went shoulder to shoulder with Caragher and a free kick was given. Also Baring in mind Fellani stood his ground against a jumping keeper in the area and they hardly made contact but he gives the keeper a free kick.

I honestly think I must not understand the rules of the game or is it Mike Riley who didn't. Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to win yesterday. But again in a Derby two match changing decsions go against us and if fellani had scored it would have been 3. When is some real notice going to be taken by the powers that be into Refs who are blantantly favouring one side over another.

I have seen less obvious ones given. I mean skirtel was about 2m from the ball and he looks and moves to the Yak to cut off his run how is that not a pen. I start every derby game now wondering how we will be penalised by the ref sending Cahill off was just the icing on the cake of a inept performace by a rat faced little man like Riley. How the FA let these guys get soooooo many things wrong but still give them big games is ridiculus

Well Riley's been around for a long time and never changes. He's spoilt some really good games down the years with his pedantic and inconsistent decisions. If the powers that be haven't spotted it yet...

I have to agree CT, he was standing in front of Skrtel when he was pulling Felliani all over the place in the box and ignored it totally, he has the consistency of diarrhea

But like clatterburgh before him we are getting robbed in alot of games.

I mean last season if we had the points just from the Blackburn and liverpool games we would have had a great points tally.

I'm sorry Memma but we should not have to rely on refs handouts mate, It would not have made that much difference on Saturday other than to have stirred the Gwladys into some sort of life because the football we served up was crap

I have seen less obvious ones given. I mean skirtel was about 2m from the ball and he looks and moves to the Yak to cut off his run how is that not a pen. I start every derby game now wondering how we will be penalised by the ref sending Cahill off was just the icing on the cake of a inept performace by a rat faced little man like Riley. How the FA let these guys get soooooo many things wrong but still give them big games is ridiculus

It's fixed.

fellaini should have had a pen, but the one with yak was just a shoulder barge, off the ball too, no pen for me.

Yakubu needs to stay on his feet more. He could have scored the same number as Fernando in that game if he would have took his chances.

are we getting victimised by refs or is it something all small clubs face

I do think there is an element of the Scottish disease in the Prem. You ask any club outside Glasgow's big two how often they get decisions compared to the big two....................its now the same here and Hacket refutes any suggestion that these refs are bias....clown

I know slightly off topic, but did anyone else see Gerrard have a word with the ref in the first half. It was following a free kick they were awarded and then he got his yellow card out. Back on topic, if this kind of thing is happening, then the refs should ne binned as they are ineffective if they are influenced by the word of certain players. I can bet you a pound to a pinch of salt that most refs are terrified of upsetting certain players and award decisions and cards accordingly, also these players get away with far more than they should when compared to 'normal' players who are playing with their hearts just as much, but get penalised for being rash in big games.

I would like to point out that from the moments before Torres first goal, we were definitley the losing side and deserved the result. I am not suggesting we should have won, but I can be quoted in other threads that the rrefs decisions would be pivotal and I was not feeling very confident.

I don't for one second want to suggest we played well and deserved a win but I think a couple of good penalty shouts a wrong called sending off and a wrong called foul that led to our only shot on target (Fellani). If one or two of them goes for us it's a differenet game.

I also felt that fellani gets booked for a late challenge early on and then I counted atleast 6 challenges by liverpool of the same level and no one got booked it's big club little club syndrome.