IGNORED

Cahills Appeal

Cahill: will he win his appeal  

24 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• No
    • Yes

Because he acted like a prat after the tackle I think they'll do him

Not admissable surely, like I said elsewhere, if he'd got two yellows then there'd be no argument but it was a straight red so Riley has to (if he wants to justify it) say he gave it for the tackle or for TC being a nasty ill-mannered Ozzie.

Neither stand up as a red card offence, case dismissed :) .

Not admissable surely, like I said elsewhere, if he'd got two yellows then there'd be no argument but it was a straight red so Riley has to (if he wants to justify it) say he gave it for the tackle or for TC being a nasty ill-mannered Ozzie.

Neither stand up as a red card offence, case dismissed :) .

Mike, what has admissibility got to do with it, its the FA and OMR after all is said and done..............they make the rules literally

It could be a blessing in disguise! Hear me out..... So far the 4-5-1 hasn't worked and with Timmy out I could see us playing 4-4-2 with Saha in (who has looked impressive). Only a thought and I think the appeal will be a waste of time, knowing the FA they'll probually stick on an extra game ban for appealing.

Never a red card challenge though!

Edited by barryj

Cahill loses red card appeal

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill has lost his appeal for wrongful dismissal over the red card he was shown in Saturday's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool. Cahill, 28, was sent off for a challenge on Reds midfielder Xabi Alonso after 80 minutes. The Australia international will immediately start a three-match ban. He is eligible for Thursday's Uefa Cup tie against Standard Liege but misses his side's games against Newcastle, Arsenal and Manchester United.

After the game, Everton manager David Moyes said he did not think the tackle deserved a red card, and he thought referee Mike Riley may have increased the punishment as Cahill walked away from him when he blew the whistle. But that would have meant two yellow cards, not a straight red.

Oh well lesson learned, don't walk away from the referee whilst he has his "respect" cap on.

Cahill loses red card appeal

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill has lost his appeal for wrongful dismissal over the red card he was shown in Saturday's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool. Cahill, 28, was sent off for a challenge on Reds midfielder Xabi Alonso after 80 minutes. The Australia international will immediately start a three-match ban. He is eligible for Thursday's Uefa Cup tie against Standard Liege but misses his side's games against Newcastle, Arsenal and Manchester United.

After the game, Everton manager David Moyes said he did not think the tackle deserved a red card, and he thought referee Mike Riley may have increased the punishment as Cahill walked away from him when he blew the whistle. But that would have meant two yellow cards, not a straight red.

<_<

Edited by dark