IGNORED

Jags For Captain

tiffa

Phil Neville has been our best player by far this season. The only man IMO that has had any true passion. When we lost against Blackburn & Portsmouth he was on the only player to come round all of the stands in the ground applauding and saying sorry. He's a great defender and at times is the only man that actually gives it his all when pushing up the field.

One of the best leaders I've seen at the club and one that I would hate to see go. He's a real good role-model and a credit to the club. Phil Neville deserves a lot more credit than he gets ATM.

Jagielka is becoming a really good defender, to give him the captains armband could hinder what he does.Could be one for the future.

Neville, whilst having a decent start to the season, probably wont win player of the year, but is a pretty good leader.Certainly not many other Everton players at the moment able to take on the job.

i dont think the captain is just for 90mins on a saturday. pip is the CLUB captain, he represents everton in nothing other than a professional manor. has immersed himself in the club since day one, actually plays the game for the love of the game, united are his team, we know that and he doesnt hide it, but he is there for the cause and has put most of our side to shame week in week out so far. hes not the most gifted footballer, but he is probably one of the hardest working. happy to see him lead the club out.

i rate jags very highly, but im not sure if hes a captain. i dont think any of our other defenders rally the troops, ever. maybe cahill for me, but after pip the only other id have had was cars, and that cant happen now.

The job Pip does both on and off the park representing our club in all manner of events is excellent. The lad may not be a show stopper on the park but he has the respect of all the players in the club and he will keep the band for the forseeable future

You got it right there Jimmy. RESPECT. Pip has earned that respect because of his experience and work ethic. Because I'm not able to be at games (Tasmania is a long way) I'm only able to hear what's picked up by the TV microphones, which is not much. But I am able to see what he does, which is considerable. He's always prodding and cajoling the team into a semblance of order and his body language says it all. He wants to win and as someone else said on here, he really suffers with the bad results as the fans do.

Change captains now? Not on your life....I think I'd rather see Moys go before that happens!

It'd be a mistake to replace Neville with ANYONE, not just Jags. As others have said, he may not be the most gifted of football players but he leads the team like no other and that is invaluable.

That being said, once Pip retires or leaves Jagielka should be a consideration. I was thinking it at the derby that he would make a good captain. He's already done the job at Sheffield United as well.

IF anyone was to replace pip, I would take a punt on Yobo. When he has been given the responsibility, he becomes the defender we know he can be and his mistakes seem to dissapear. I like Jags a lot, but it would be way to early for him I think. As a few people have said, definitely one for the future. But I definitely like the catain being a Central Defender. It gives the Captain the best view of the game and the most incentive to rally when the team is under pressure. I still think Ratty was the best Captain we ever had, and I think his role had a lot to do with it. We had a solid defence in those days.

From what i've seen and heard Jags doesn't do enough talking to be captain, despite his moments of mediocrity Pips a mouthy get who motivates people and gives 100% in every game. He's a fantastic role model to younger players and more often than not to the older members of the team as well.

I think one day Jags will make a good captain but it's a little too early right now.

IF anyone was to replace pip, I would take a punt on Yobo. When he has been given the responsibility, he becomes the defender we know he can be and his mistakes seem to dissapear. I like Jags a lot, but it would be way to early for him I think. As a few people have said, definitely one for the future. But I definitely like the catain being a Central Defender. It gives the Captain the best view of the game and the most incentive to rally when the team is under pressure. I still think Ratty was the best Captain we ever had, and I think his role had a lot to do with it. We had a solid defence in those days.

Ratters was a great skipper but Labby has the title best ever, even Ratters says so mate :)

As much as I love Jags I don't think he is ready to captain the side. In a few years I think he'll make a great captain. But for the moment i'm happy with Neville as captain. I think he is a great captain and ambasador for the club, and he really seems to love Everton now. He doesn't take defeat easily which is very importnat.

Jags could be a great future candidate for captain but for now i'm more than happy with Pip.

Ratters was a great skipper but Labby has the title best ever, even Ratters says so mate :)

Fair one. I was never fortunate to watch him play except on the odd highlight or video. Have met him though, shit myself at first because he is huge. Bloody nice fella though. Used to see him in the Pig and Whistle a lot. I bow to superior knowledge and exp on that one, esp. if Ratters says so.

I can't belive so many people think Nevilles actually a good player, ive never actually seen him do anything on the pitch which suggests he is a good leader either. for me Cahill would be the best choice for captain, he plays with a passion not many players play with which makes him a joy to watch, most people on here think Neville gives everything for are team but you people must no notice when he loses the ball in the final 3rd and jogs back like a lazy bastard, the sooner he fucks off the better.

Fair one. I was never fortunate to watch him play except on the odd highlight or video. Have met him though, shit myself at first because he is huge. Bloody nice fella though. Used to see him in the Pig and Whistle a lot. I bow to superior knowledge and exp on that one, esp. if Ratters says so.

I snogged him twice, but thats another story, he is a Blue God :lol::lol::lol:

I can't belive so many people think Nevilles actually a good player, ive never actually seen him do anything on the pitch which suggests he is a good leader either. for me Cahill would be the best choice for captain, he plays with a passion not many players play with which makes him a joy to watch, most people on here think Neville gives everything for are team but you people must no notice when he loses the ball in the final 3rd and jogs back like a lazy bastard, the sooner he fucks off the better.

This may surprise you but we all watch the same matches as you mate but reach a different conclusion about the guy

how strange this whole thing is, i mean, you obviously have vast knowledge of the game, yet footballing idiots like, for example, sir alex ferguson, david moyes & sven goran eriksson seem to think he has plenty of ability.

open your eyes mate.

Jagielka is a fantastic defender and lets leave it at that i dont know if he could cope with the responsibilities of being evertons captain,

although Nevile is a "FANTASTIC" captain with great determination , but he lacks the footballing tallent , even though this season he has been our best player i hope he keeps it up, But i also say jags should be england's number 1 back up, after Rio and Terry