IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I have FarCry Predator.

I don't know if that comes before or after Farcry 2

Predator was something completely different, designed for console. It never reached pc. It was a spin off if you like, but the FC1 and FC2 are gems, particularly FC1. For me, the enjoyable thing is the scenery, which I like better than the game play itself.

FC 1

farcry2006070222362404lc8.jpg

FC2

far_cry_2_xbox_360_16976.jpg

I ordered a few sets of basic blue / red 3D glasses, and they arrived today, so I turned on the 3D Nvidia setting, and voila, 3d. biggrin.png

Now then, I don't know if it's down to anything in particular, but my screen is only 60hz to my knowledge even if my pc is all very high end, so I'm presuming if your card allows 3d, then you can do it too.

Bat man works in 3d, but quite dark with the glasses on, so might have to adjust the settings.

I tried to download a few 3d films, but not getting any success so far, so perhaps different things need different hardware / settings / glasses etc.

Glasses only cost me £1.99 including delivery, but are the black frame ones, so a good deal.

Any advice regarding trying to get the films to work would be welcome.

I ordered a few sets of basic blue / red 3D glasses, and they arrived today, so I turned on the 3D Nvidia setting, and voila, 3d. biggrin.png

Now then, I don't know if it's down to anything in particular, but my screen is only 60hz to my knowledge even if my pc is all very high end, so I'm presuming if your card allows 3d, then you can do it too.

Bat man works in 3d, but quite dark with the glasses on, so might have to adjust the settings.

I tried to download a few 3d films, but not getting any success so far, so perhaps different things need different hardware / settings / glasses etc.

Glasses only cost me £1.99 including delivery, but are the black frame ones, so a good deal.

Any advice regarding trying to get the films to work would be welcome.

Actually it's working on some but not others. Could be the quality of the download.

Not really flying out of the screen, but definitely 3d depth to everything. Quite nice. smile.png

Just bought ' GRID ' from Steam for £2.74 down temporarily from £9.99.

Racing game with good graphics apparently. Installing as I write.

My lad's constantly on F1 at the mo....won the championship with McLaren (after a year at HRT) and is now with Ferrari.

Incredible quality.

Amazing to think that I bought a cutting edge console capable of this...

post-1126-0-41740800-1319575247_thumb.png

...in 1976. Rode into London on my FS1E because Hamley's had them on saletongue.png .

My lad's constantly on F1 at the mo....won the championship with McLaren (after a year at HRT) and is now with Ferrari.

Incredible quality.

Amazing to think that I bought a cutting edge console capable of this...

post-1126-0-41740800-1319575247_thumb.png

...in 1976. Rode into London on my FS1E because Hamley's had them on saletongue.png .

Ha ha, I remember those. Only the rich kids had them. laugh.png

Played the game after an endless amount of fiddling. It doesn't recognise the mouse at all. Everything is Keyboard or Force Steering Wheel, which I used to have but gave away.

These games should stay on console. The steering is a joke, and the controls a pain in the ass.

Why I can drive a jeep at full speed with minimum controls in games such as Farcry, and yet I need a million controls to do the same in a racing game is beyond me.

Will try and give it another go when I've no longer any will to live lol.

far cry..dead rising 2..assassin's creed 2 and deus ex all arrived..good session for me before work now biggrin.png

Dead Rising for me was a 'pick up and play'....Assassins Creed 2 was 10000000000000x better than the first one, and although repetative, i adored. So you shall enjoy that sir, Renaisance Italy looks incredible as well :)

I recommend Dead Rising to start (pre-work)....if you're like me, the minute you get 'into' a game, you can't get out. Hence my Batman campaign lasting one (none sleeping) night ahaha :lol:

Dead Rising for me was a 'pick up and play'....Assassins Creed 2 was 10000000000000x better than the first one, and although repetative, i adored. So you shall enjoy that sir, Renaisance Italy looks incredible as well smile.png

I recommend Dead Rising to start (pre-work)....if you're like me, the minute you get 'into' a game, you can't get out. Hence my Batman campaign lasting one (none sleeping) night ahaha laugh.png

THIS!

Personally wouldn't recommend brotherhood though, seems like more of an expansion pack. Looking forward to 3 though.

Assasins Creed is the only series where I've completed every game. I like it, because it's semi educational. I like that all the people who are targets, were either assassinated or went missing in real life.

Its a history lesson and a game. I pulled out a few 'facts' at a pub quiz once, everyone was impressed with my knowledge of Renaisance Italy...what they didn't know is i actually took it from the game ahaha. Awesome!

i enjoyed brotherhood, ive liked each one more than the last.

i cant wait for the next one, it will be the end of my life for a while when i get that.

i like that you are makes with da vinci, its just a nice little touch. (his flying machines are cool as fuck!)

has anyone played assassins online?

i have always meant to go into it but never have.

oh, and found this on wiki:

According to Variety, Sony Pictures are in negotiations with Ubisoft Motion Pictures on making a film version of Assassin's Creed.[29] Ubisoft has confirmed that the film will be in 3D. [30]

Name the ruling family of Italy, who rose to power during the 1400's and 1500's, who's roots derived from another european county deemed as enemies....or something or rather!?

Well i learnt in AC that the Borgia were of Spanish Origin, so i got that one right.

and then the second went about asking which other famous 'family' were claimed to be the richest family in European thanks to their banking exploits etc?

Thats not word for word by the way! So yeah, AC helped me with those questions, at the tim eof nailing the game, i could name nearly every family memebr during the timeline within Assassins ahaha...sad!

Name the ruling family of Italy, who rose to power during the 1400's and 1500's, who's roots derived from another european county deemed as enemies....or something or rather!?

Well i learnt in AC that the Borgia were of Spanish Origin, so i got that one right.

I learnt that from watching The Borgia's :P.

has anyone played assassins online?

i have always meant to go into it but never have.

oh, and found this on wiki:

According to Variety, Sony Pictures are in negotiations with Ubisoft Motion Pictures on making a film version of Assassin's Creed.[29] Ubisoft has confirmed that the film will be in 3D. [30]

I just seriously hope that it's not shite. It could be the prmise for an amazing film, its got the glam, the gore, the history, storylines, excitment, gadgetry....i'd love it. But we all know they'll f*ck it up!