IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Bioshock i adored (see previous comments within thread (and check out Infinite video at the top of page)).

Fallout however is too big, I don't think i'd get into it.

But yes....RAGE, i'm very much enjoying. I like fact that things 'run' at you, it makes your reactions sweet as a nut, also means your reactions will either save you or have you being mauled, like it. Some games give you too much time to work out whats best, whereas this is the old, "holy fuck that thing just jumped the fence and its swinggin a griggin bone club with nails in, SHOOT FFS!!!"

BATMAN 2 shaking fist.png

I noticed something called AMD DUAL CORE OPTIMIZER on my pc today.

As you can imagine, having just spent 2 grand building a gaming rig, using a 2600k i7, I wasn't best pleased to see an AMD optimizer on my pc for a dual core.

Apparently it is installed when you install Batman 2. shaking fist.png

• 2 weeks later...

Back to rage, I appreciate that I am very fortunate, in that I'm playing on a fabulous pc, with huge monitor and the best headphones I could afford, so my gaming experience is already incredible compared to my old rig and 17 inch monitor, but I have to say that Rage is quickly becoming the greatest single player experience I've had in ages, and I've played some stuff in my time. It's just stunningly good.

The AI is probably as good as any game you will find, but the movement is unlike anything you will have seen. I've just finished the level regarding the Jackals, and it was just a joy to behold. Really impressed by the developers here. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be for it to be a 'completely' open world, with no boundaries, or linearity, but that would be asking an awful lot.

Best game of 2011 by a mile. huh.png

Have you completed it yet Av? It took me three days, (4 Hour sessions) and I must say it was going swimmingly until the last third of the game...which was a massive dissapointment...not only that but the ending and end level f*cked me off bigtime!!

It's no Borderlands and for me, its not as good. Far more on offer in Borderlands than Rage and if i was being critical, Rage was a poor effort to improve on BL's.

Don't get me wrong the Graphics, AI, Handling of Rage is near on impossible to compare to other games currently on the market, and it excels in all three aspects but the story, plot holes, lack of playbackability, really put a downer on what i thought had the potential to be (as you've suggested) game of the year.

Unfortunately from me, its not.

In regards to the Jackals Hideout, I will admit, that is a good bit :D

Have you completed it yet Av? It took me three days, (4 Hour sessions) and I must say it was going swimmingly until the last third of the game...which was a massive dissapointment...not only that but the ending and end level f*cked me off bigtime!!

It's no Borderlands and for me, its not as good. Far more on offer in Borderlands than Rage and if i was being critical, Rage was a poor effort to improve on BL's.

Don't get me wrong the Graphics, AI, Handling of Rage is near on impossible to compare to other games currently on the market, and it excels in all three aspects but the story, plot holes, lack of playbackability, really put a downer on what i thought had the potential to be (as you've suggested) game of the year.

Unfortunately from me, its not.

In regards to the Jackals Hideout, I will admit, that is a good bit biggrin.png

No, not yet.

I never rush games, or hurry to the finish line. I like to immerse myself in them.

I have Borderlands also, nor have I finished that yet, but I guess I'm going to have to dedicate my whole life to gaming if I were to finish all the games I have lol. For me, disappointment is Call of duty single player, where they are short, and rely on the gamer playing multiplayer.

I'm still giving Rage my vote this year. biggrin.png

One for Steve.. Arkham City

We also know you want to deliver justice on the streets of Gotham as Batman in your favorite skin, any time and all the time. So using the below cheat, you can select any alternative Batman skin and play them in the main game, without having to complete the full game.

To unlock this, simply press the following combination on the Main Menu screen (after you have selected your save slot):

- Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down.

You will get an audio confirmation and when you continue your game, you will get the option to select your favorite skin.

HALF LIFE DEAL ON STEAM

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/715/

Half life series is well worth having if you are new to gaming, or even if you are an experienced gamer.

It's classed as a 'classic' in gaming, and is a wonderful adventure. Half life itself is old, but what followed in the series was great game play.

Well worth buying, and the price is right today.

HALF LIFE DEAL ON STEAM

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/715/

Half life series is well worth having if you are new to gaming, or even if you are an experienced gamer.

It's classed as a 'classic' in gaming, and is a wonderful adventure. Half life itself is old, but what followed in the series was great game play.

Well worth buying, and the price is right today.

In fact - STOP PRESS.

BUY THE ORANGE BOX INSTEAD.

Only £3.74 and includes Half life series, Team fortress 2, and Portal.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/

In fact - STOP PRESS.

BUY THE ORANGE BOX INSTEAD.

Only £3.74 and includes Half life series, Team fortress 2, and Portal.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/

Portal 2 - best game I've ever played I think. Pure brilliance. It is a must buy at any price. Dont use YouTube when you get stuck, persevere and the rewards are unreal.